• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[General] Nethergate "Unlocks"

Saber993

Legacy Supporter 5
As the idea of having Hell finally opened to the masses sitting in our near future, I'd like to toss something out there that I've been thinking about.

Where and how will the entryway to hell be established? Well, obviously you can open a gate in some random shine in the wild, at spawn, or through a herogate...But suppose a township had to "learn" how to go to hell. Through a series of achievements similar to those required to start a township.

-Construct an arcanium
-Pay XXXX coins
-Solve the riddle of the nethergate (A puzzle of somekind, perhaps.)
-Build nethergate within arcanium or at a designated shrine
-Trip to hell

I believe having gates within townships is pivotal to seeing the nether used beyond collecting lightstone, slowsand, and netherstone. It would offer yet another alternate means of travel (albeit a bit dangerous) once anti-towns were established and would offer more reference points within the realm itself.

Capn_Danger

Legacy Supporter 5
Saber993 said:
-Construct an arcanium
-Pay XXXX coins
-Solve the riddle of the nethergate (A puzzle of somekind, perhaps.)
-Build nethergate within arcanium or at a designated shrine
-Trip to hell

I believe having gates within townships is pivotal to seeing the nether used beyond collecting lightstone, slowsand, and netherstone. It would offer yet another alternate means of travel (albeit a bit dangerous) once anti-towns were established and would offer more reference points within the realm itself.

I love the idea of nethergates for towns! If we could use the nether for fast travel it would give us a good reason to subject ourselves to its dangerous environs. I like the idea of having towns extend into the Nether also.

Neo_Exdeath

Destroyer Of Worlds
Legacy Supporter 3
You do realize how dangerous the nether really is right? Anyone who can get slowsand, light stone or even large quantities of netherack deserve it. Ghast make it near impossible to setup a stable base let alone a safe path to walk to another base.

Neo_Exdeath said:
You do realize how dangerous the nether really is right? Anyone who can get slowsand, light stone or even large quantities of netherack deserve it. Ghast make it near impossible to setup a stable base let alone a safe path to walk to another base.

But we, The Herocraft users will find a way.

MattMellander

Legacy Supporter 3
yes, we will. But last time hell opened, back in alpha, with ALOT of ghasts, I didnt die very much, and I would love to have a nether Cliff Haven...

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
I can't wait to see how people manage to survive as a town in the nether, and I know it will happen somehow. Maybe just obby forts? Dunno. I just know that Chronus is gonna have a lightstone ceiling for the dome =D