• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[General] More sources for food and related issues

Seravajan

Dirt
New players have with the update to 1.8.1 the issue that there are not enough food sources around for them. Even running around in low developed areas shows no or nearly no food sources like pigs, cows and so on. A test showed me only 1 sheep after exploring 2 hours around in low developed areas. The bed showed another issue for new players. Due the lack of sheeps around it will takes long time for a new player till he will be able to build a bed to set a new spawn point. Therefore it can quite often happens that the new player will be first getting hungry (losing all meatbones on his hunger bar) then losing most of his life and then only a small incident (one hit from a mob or falling a bit too high down) have to happens to this player and he will be dead.

Therefore the request for making animals respawning faster.
And probably giving new player some food for free. (ex 5 to 10 portions of bread or steaks)

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
Last time i checked (like 2 days ago since i just got food then) it does,, it will bring you to half hp and if you dont feel up the bar will always hurt you the moment you get health, though you could have changed it since the last time i was hungry

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Last time i checked (like 2 days ago since i just got food then) it does,, it will bring you to half hp and if you dont feel up the bar will always hurt you the moment you get health, though you could have changed it since the last time i was hungry
Actual... it seems random at best - we'll have to look into this further, for 30 mins I wasnt dying and the bar drained all the way down, now - randomly after relogging - im taking 1 dmg.

In either case, people sell food all over the place, especially near spawn. If you vote for 5c you could buy a few hours worth im sure :p

theonlyasianguy

Glowstone
Actual... it seems random at best - we'll have to look into this further, for 30 mins I wasnt dying and the bar drained all the way down, now - randomly after relogging - im taking 1 dmg.

In either case, people sell food all over the place, especially near spawn. If you vote for 5c you could buy a few hours worth im sure :p
Maybe you had god mode? XD

Seravajan

Dirt
Several tests in this case showed me that sometime it did removed 6 hearts when being hungry. Another time it did removed 5 hearts and one time it did removed 9 hearts as like in the standard game.

I voted twice (yesterday and today) then I should have 10c?

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Just asking.. have you ever heard of wheat?

Seravajan

Dirt
Was something changed in the past few days? Because the situation in the case of food and wool looks better now.

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
Sometimes you do not find mobs around as often as you do other times. It all depends on the lag, the lighting, if it is raining, how many people there are around, etc. There is plenty of food around and you can get a farm started too.

Having an empty hunger bar will remove 5 hearts if you are already above 5 hearts. This happens gradually (or faster, depending on the lag).