1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Register so you can experience the greatest RPG server ever! Use the keyword "Herocraft" when registering!Register! Enjoy the server @ play.hc.to !
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion [General] - How to greatly improve Herocraft (personal observation)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by draconis99, Jul 5, 2017.

Suggestion [General] - How to greatly improve Herocraft (personal observation)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by draconis99, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Kainzo

Kainzo The Disposable Hero Staff Member Founder Adventure Team

Le bumps

2. w0nd3rb0y

w0nd3rb0y Balance Team Tier 5

Lol, in the past 24 hours, MC has sold 7,515 copies for PC/Mac alone. MC is still huge, we just need to find a way to edge our way back into a good place.

3. Kainzo

Its in the decline. Minecraft "All in One" edition is rising for sure.

Either way, we're community based and focused - we can maintain a community server - even though it wont be 1K players concurrent.

4. ChazzaMaGazza

ChazzaMaGazza Glowstone

I think going back to previous ideas and systems from previous maps, like the old town plugin, is the right direction to move in. People generally didnt like the changes that were gradually made to herocraft, irrelevent and half working mechanics such as dungeons, which were glitchy and not finished by the time new maps came around which contributed to the gradual decline in players. Spawn is shit and has no relevance to the map as you use the nexus get around anyway. The majority of the new herocraft experience is now boring grinding in a dungeon, pvp is deader then dead apart from the occasional gank that would happen in a dungeon, which resulted in clunky pvp where mobs just target you because there is no where to run. What happened to leveling grounds and swamps? Where you would round up a huge number of mobs with friends and grind together by your own base or town, where some effort was made to make it look nice. Where you would clash with people and eventually talk to them and work out agreements or maybe even level together or get other people and fight. Where organised fights could take place. It reminds me of that one map where the sand biome by Indar was a notorious place for pvp and people would go there and just scrimmage This is what made herocraft great, and its such a simple fundamental. All crushed by poor choices and not listening to the community enough. I hope you take something from what I think as Im sure many other players have similar opinions.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Kethale

Kethale Wiki Team Tier 6

6. Kainzo

7. Bink3Boy51

Bink3Boy51 Glowing Redstone

I didn't play HC very much, but I feel like the time I did play leveling felt very bland and once I maxed I would sit around waiting for a fight. That is also a reason that player retention is so low, because once players max it is a waiting game. More end game mechanics need to be implemented so that players actually have things to do during down time.

PVP: For example PVP needs to be expanded from going to a town and camping them until they fight. There should be features added to give players a reason to PVP. Conquest points were a good start, but were never expanded on. Players should be given more then just exp and Conquest points should have a larger impact on the server.

PVE: Creating dungeons with a custom storyline(even if that sounds nerdy) and having players battle through a dungeon to fight a evil boss at the end enhances player immersion and simply makes it more satisfying at the end of the day, instead of grinding a darkroom.

That is all I really have to say on the topic :) Gang

8. Kethale

Kethale Wiki Team Tier 6

@Kainzo Is there any chance the scale of the revamp could be lowered so its finished in a feasible time to bring in players, If you need help with making it happen please ask or post whats needed. 5-10% a month is... Depressing

9. Kimsgrim

Kimsgrim Tier 5

It was perfect two or three years ago with mining for gold for money and the attribute book.

10. Boomer779

Boomer779 Glowing Redstone

After reading all of this post, many others, and hearing numerous discord discussions I feel like i just need to speak my mind.

Lack Of Discussion Between Community And Staff:
    I have watched this forum/website/ discord every day for almost a year now waiting to see if something comes up or happens. I check the recent events to see if we have a server restart or a new event or even just a couple of bug fixes, but nothing comes up. When we make big posts like this and post what we think the server could or should be, its makes no difference. If i could hear someone from staff just say "Next map we are adding -----" that alone would want me to join back next map. However, we instead have a group of people wanting to share ideas and thoughts that might as well be going into a void, because we see a lack of communication or intention of application for some of the ideas put forward.

Community:
    I personally think its time to "face the music" when it comes to our community. We are TOXIC. We might not all be, but we hold within our community enough people that make the experience toxic for us all. Between actual toxic language to noob farming and camping we have developed an air of hostility around the server. I think this idea could be solved with a few solutions. First, we need to have chat mods and proctors that are independent of huge towns. I say this as many, but not all, mods are parts of huge towns that endorse and participate in creating a toxic community. They will not want to rat out their town mates if they are doing someone toxic its as simple as that. I understand it is hard to find people who are active, but also do not participate in such towns as this, however, this leads me to my next point. Second, we need to have strict and active admins. The admins we have right now are great, but where they fall short is in the realm of punishment and rules. If we have admins who are active, strict on rules, and follow it to a fault it will lead to more players being on which allows us to have more chat mods and proctors which leads to a less toxic server. Third, none of these things can happen, however, without the creation of a stricter rule set. We recently set in place rules for the prevention of town griefing which i think is a step in a good direction. But, it should not have taken almost 2 WHOLE MAPS for us to decide that griefing outside and around a town is bad. I would be happy to sit down with a mod or admin for a couple of hours and lay down some basic rules. What we have now is so disjointed no one even follows them. If we set a firm foundation of rules for admins to enforce and players to follow we will begin the process of producing a less toxic community.

Kainzo:
    When myself and 5 friends first joined Herocraft, Kainzo was a legend among men. Someone who could set up all of the server, fix things in less than a moment, and still have time to play it was crazy to believe. Years have gone on and as I would imagine you have gone things more important with your life than a minecraft server. I don't know if you made the server for friends, a community, or you saw an opportunity to put in hard work and gain some profit. I'm not faulting you for anything or anyone of those things, but I would ask if you are moving on with you life that you leave the server to someone else. In my opinion you show minimal interest in the server and in its rebirth and creation, the most we get from you many days of the week is a simple forum or discord message. I can understand this as you are moving on with your life and Minecraft servers are a thing of the past. But if you are through with the server, give it to an admin or someone who wants to carry out the legacy of the server. BUT if you want to truly fix the server and the problems it has then i suggest this: Make a new Minecraft account, get on the newest map (if we get another one), and try the new player experience. Don't tell anyone that you are playing and just try to play the game as someone brand new to the server would. I think this experience would show you lots of aspects that are wrong with this server and how you could fix them.

Minecraft:
    Guys, Minecraft is losing steam, but its not dead. On average per day for this past month almost 1.23 million players logged in to vanilla minecraft servers, which does not count the one logging into modded or single players games. I think if we change the server, the playerbase will come back.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SilentDoom55

SilentDoom55 Glowing Redstone

I mean if 18.66 million visits is "not as many hits" then I'm not sure what you want

12. Boomer779

Boomer779 Glowing Redstone

THIS WAS ALMOST A MONTH AND A HALF AGO!? UPDATE PLEASE

13. Kethale

Kethale Wiki Team Tier 6

Things are definitely moving very slow, and if you try and speak your mind about that fact you get shit all over , i can understand the frustration for people that actually care. Caring is looked down upon as of recently

14. radicater11

radicater11 Senior Balance Staff Member Senior Staff Wiki Team Coder Proctor Balance Team Tier 3

I'll let you in on a little secret: there's 3 of us actually working on implementing changes, and only 3 more actively testing them. The large changes we are adding are not quick fixes, and you're going to have to practice patience. We have a deadline, so it's not like you don't know when the changes will drop. I'm sorry if I sound a bit salty, but I really am tired of people bugging me about the progress. It'll get done when it needs to be done.

15. Kainzo

These visits happened almost 5+ years ago. Just saying. The PC server forums dont get that many active visits.
    Quite the opposite but as @radicater11 said - it takes a long time. Even longer to push something polished.
    I really appreciate this.
    You'll be seeing something soon. Big changes take a long itme.

16. SilentDoom55

SilentDoom55 Glowing Redstone

That is the total site visits for the month of July of 2017, that month only. That is NOT the total visits the site has, that would be way too low

17. Kainzo

What I'm saying is, the site visits for the PC area - has been very low. Came to a crawl for us. Maybe we need more bumps every few days but they aggressively ban for that.