• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [General] Herocraft is hard?

Spirit_Guardian

Soulsand
I will admit that I am not all that active, I get on for a month or more then get distracted with life, but I always watch the updates and I always check how many people are playing.
Things are not looking good, and yet Herocraft could not have come any further from its earlier days.

Herocraft is great, I don't exactly know why so many people have left; but I can assume that people have lives, ADD, or slowly become less interested.
here are my observations and suggestions so far.

I feel too safe.

-
Is it possible to spawn more mobs in Forest/swamp type biomes? Basically any biome with lots of potential hiding places for mobs could spawn twice the number of mobs; this makes them harder to start a town in, but grants a decent reward if the town succeeds since they will have a natural defense to compliment their own defenses.

If it is, spawn less mobs In plains/mountains; in order to balance out the higher spawns in the other biomes and to give players a false sense of safety.
-

Tell me, what is a soul worth today?

-
You get money for:
Killing mobs
Mining
Leveling
Voting
Killing players
Stealing from players
Selling to players
Did I miss one?

Economies are delicate things, if you have too many sources of income it can cause the whole game to be unbalanced in a subtle way. I think that one or more of these income sources should be removed or the amount of money they grant reduced; for example, either get rid of money from mining/leveling or reduce the amount you can get.
Keep money for voting, that is a good incentive for players.
-

Some goals are achieved too quickly.

-
One thing that makes people lose interest in something is the end goal, or rather reaching the end goal. Some people have self perpetuating goals, such as making a town and becoming the strongest town, but others have goals that can end quickly, such as maxing out one or more classes to be all powerful (or just to cause trouble). If you reach a goal you have set too quickly you will be left wandering around, until you find something else or quit.
We need to find a way to make those finite goals take longer (in order to give the player time to find something else they also want to do) or to ease the player into a new set of goals they can select from (and hope one of them appeals to them)
I cannot suggest anything to aid this, as I am not experienced enough to know what would help keep players interested.
-

In regards to balancing classes:
-
A properly balanced set of classes would have one or more classes on each side that are better than one or more classes on the other side; while it may seem unfair to some when they die over and over, classes need to be balanced like this to encourage cooperation and to help lengthen the time it takes for an individual to reach their goal.
As an example of this balancing:

-Knight: excels in close quarters combat, can easily kill everyone when in close quarters; other wise, weak to sorcerers and rangers.
-Ranger: Excels in ranged combat, can best knights and rouges if kept at a distance, but weak against sorcerers unless they are caught by surprise.
-Rogue: Excels in stealth and quick attacks, can best everyone, except knights, in close quarters.
-Sorcerer: excels at ranged combat, can best everyone if kept at a distance; weak to everyone in close quarters.
-Healer: support class, mediocre at ranged/close quarters, easily killed by all and needs protection by party members.

This Is just off the top of my head, I know there was way more to it and I only scratched the surface.
Basically what I am saying is that it should be difficult to play certain classes without a party, but from what I have seen that is not the case.
Herocraft needs more things that make people want to cooperate, lone wolves should not thrive as easily as they do.
balancing the teams to require more cooperation can also aid in goals being achieved too quickly, thus granting players time to make new goals (or at least have a longer time to achieve their goal while still having fun).
-

Even if all my suggestions suck (or are already implemented), and they probably do (and probably already are implemented), I think that altering these mechanics the right way can create a better atmosphere all around. Everything noted here has a large impact on the overall atmosphere of the game, and balancing them properly is a good place to start; especially trying to extend the time it takes to obtain individual goals without being grind-y.
I know how difficult it is to balance these mechanics, and that is why I would be willing to help in any way necessary to help herocraft feel dangerous and keep peoples interest longer. Even if my suggestions suck and we implement something in the reverse, I want to help. I hope that some of this brain barf is useful.
It would be great to get input from Herocraft's veteran players (2 years +), but I am not sure how we would go about that.

Last edited:
I will admit that I am not all that active, I get on for a month or more then get distracted with life, but I always watch the updates and I always check how many people are playing.
Things are not looking good, and yet Herocraft could not have come any further from its earlier days.

Herocraft is great, I don't exactly know why so many people have left; but I can assume that people have lives, ADD, or slowly become less interested.
here are my observations and suggestions so far.

I feel too safe.

-
Is it possible to spawn more mobs in Forest/swamp type biomes? Basically any biome with lots of potential hiding places for mobs could spawn twice the number of mobs; this makes them harder to start a town in, but grants a decent reward if the town succeeds since they will have a natural defense to compliment their own defenses.

If it is, spawn less mobs In plains/mountains; in order to balance out the higher spawns in the other biomes and to give players a false sense of safety.
-

Tell me, what is a soul worth today?

-
You get money for:
Killing mobs
Mining
Leveling
Voting
Killing players
Stealing from players
Selling to players
Did I miss one?

Economies are delicate things, if you have too many sources of income it can cause the whole game to be unbalanced in a subtle way. I think that one or more of these income sources should be removed or the amount of money they grant reduced; for example, either get rid of money from mining/leveling or reduce the amount you can get.
Keep money for voting, that is a good incentive for players.
-

Some goals are achieved too quickly.

-
One thing that makes people lose interest in something is the end goal, or rather reaching the end goal. Some people have self perpetuating goals, such as making a town and becoming the strongest town, but others have goals that can end quickly, such as maxing out one or more classes to be all powerful (or just to cause trouble). If you reach a goal you have set too quickly you will be left wandering around, until you find something else or quit.
We need to find a way to make those finite goals take longer (in order to give the player time to find something else they also want to do) or to ease the player into a new set of goals they can select from (and hope one of them appeals to them)
I cannot suggest anything to aid this, as I am not experienced enough to know what would help keep players interested.
-

In regards to balancing classes:
-
A properly balanced set of classes would have one or more classes on each side that are better than one or more classes on the other side; while it may seem unfair to some when they die over and over, classes need to be balanced like this to encourage cooperation and to help lengthen the time it takes for an individual to reach their goal.
As an example of this balancing:

-Knight: excels in close quarters combat, can easily kill everyone when in close quarters; other wise, weak to sorcerers and rangers.
-Ranger: Excels in ranged combat, can best knights and rouges if kept at a distance, but weak against sorcerers unless they are caught by surprise.
-Rogue: Excels in stealth and quick attacks, can best everyone, except knights, in close quarters.
-Sorcerer: excels at ranged combat, can best everyone if kept at a distance; weak to everyone in close quarters.
-Healer: support class, mediocre at ranged/close quarters, easily killed by all and needs protection by party members.

This Is just off the top of my head, I know there was way more to it and I only scratched the surface.
Basically what I am saying is that it should be difficult to play certain classes without a party, but from what I have seen that is not the case.
Herocraft needs more things that make people want to cooperate, lone wolves should not thrive as easily as they do.
balancing the teams to require more cooperation can also aid in goals being achieved too quickly, thus granting players time to make new goals (or at least have a longer time to achieve their goal while still having fun).
-

Even if all my suggestions suck (or are already implemented), and they probably do (and probably already are implemented), I think that altering these mechanics the right way can create a better atmosphere all around. Everything noted here has a large impact on the overall atmosphere of the game, and balancing them properly is a good place to start; especially trying to extend the time it takes to obtain individual goals without being grind-y.
I know how difficult it is to balance these mechanics, and that is why I would be willing to help in any way necessary to help herocraft feel dangerous and keep peoples interest longer. Even if my suggestions suck and we implement something in the reverse, I want to help. I hope that some of this brain barf is useful.
It would be great to get input from Herocraft's veteran players (2 years +), but I am not sure how we would go about that.
Safety:
I agree 100%, I think the lack of strong overworld mobs outside of dungeons takes away from the possible server experience. I think this would be more interesting than dungeons as far as pure mobs go.

Economy:
Most things are negligible except for mining and voting, IMO. Those are the only two major sources of income.

EDIT:
And yeah, killing stuff. What really matters is how currency gets into circulation rather than what's done afterwards.

Goals:
The counter argument is that if it takes too long people will lose interest. In today's instant gratification world full of ADD, I think it's a safer bet to shorten the leveling process then add in a lot more end-game content.

Balancing:
Yeah, pretty much.

Spirit_Guardian

Soulsand
The trick to lengthening the leveling system is to do so without literally lengthening it. If it looks and feels manageable, but takes a little longer because you need help from friends, then people are not going to lose interest as quickly. I have ADD, and some of the games that keep my attention the most (I know it is different for everyone, but it is just an example) are the games that have goals that feel like they wont take too long; even if they do take a few hours to complete, if it is engaging, and I don't feel like I am wasting my time grinding or just walking around, then I will usually stick around for awhile.

On another note, once I get a job I will be starting my AD campaign; I have some good design software now, so I will be making a new banner as well while the old banner is being run through the AD campaign.

The trick to lengthening the leveling system is to do so without literally lengthening it. If it looks and feels manageable, but takes a little longer because you need help from friends, then people are not going to lose interest as quickly. I have ADD, and some of the games that keep my attention the most (I know it is different for everyone, but it is just an example) are the games that have goals that feel like they wont take too long; even if they do take a few hours to complete, if it is engaging, and I don't feel like I am wasting my time grinding or just walking around, then I will usually stick around for awhile.

On another note, once I get a job I will be starting my AD campaign; I have some good design software now, so I will be making a new banner as well while the old banner is being run through the AD campaign.
Well, I also have ADD, and any sort of grinding, unless I know it will take only a relatively short amount of time, is entirely unappealing. I only find it somewhat acceptable is when it's fast paced (the combat, not leveling) and your gains are measurable. If I spend a full minute fighting a single mob and I don't notice any extra exp in my exp bar, it's a total turn off for leveling. That's similar to the system we have now, which is why I'm capped at level 30.

spiralz

Obsidian
As far as goals go, on past maps I've had goals that I never finished before the map ends. I've been playing this map super casually by not joining a town or maintaining a town (as I have past maps) or even mastering a class because I feel like any goal I start, I won't finish before the map ends, which this map apparently has a set end date as specified when it was released. Having smaller short-term goals means you can actually accomplish whatever it is you want to do before time runs out. But the goals thing is all just ultimately up to the player since it is a sandbox game.

And as for safety, no matter how tough or how many of a mob there may be, I'll always feel safe since they are so shallow of a mechanic. The only thing that would make me feel less safe is more PVP death squads running around. On past maps, I feel like there was a lot more random PVP hunters roaming the map making it feel more dangerous (although I typically don't log on til late-night when the population is low) and I've attempted to add to that by doing nothing other than hunting for blood when I log on.

There is always going to be some aspects of the server that are good in some players opinions and bad in others. I think the best thing we can do is make the most out of what we are provided.

Spirit_Guardian

Soulsand
I do agree that the PVP'ers were quite daunting.
You bring up another thing that does seem to drive people away, map changes. I have noticed that less and less people get back on after a map wipe; unfortunately, map wipes are the nature of ever evolving mod servers and without them players would also end up with nothing to do. When I have a goal set and it is cut short, I tend to get discouraged; I know other people (like you ;P) are not the same, but enough people feel discouraged at losing their works-in-progress that it is worth noting. Map wipes are not really something that can be controlled all that much, and they are not really an "issue"; in fact, they are important for many reasons.

Since map wipes are important, how can we keep the players that leave because of them?

I do agree that the PVP'ers were quite daunting.
You bring up another thing that does seem to drive people away, map changes. I have noticed that less and less people get back on after a map wipe; unfortunately, map wipes are the nature of ever evolving mod servers and without them players would also end up with nothing to do. When I have a goal set and it is cut short, I tend to get discouraged; I know other people (like you ;P) are not the same, but enough people feel discouraged at losing their works-in-progress that it is worth noting. Map wipes are not really something that can be controlled all that much, and they are not really an "issue"; in fact, they are important for many reasons.

Since map wipes are important, how can we keep the players that leave because of them?
You need to understand 2 things about MC servers before this is even a discussion.

1.The server gets its highest boost in population after map wipes. The issue with player levels is not that people leave due to map wipes (because it attracts more people), it's player retention.

2. All MC maps get wiped or reset. That's what keeps content relatively fresh and what gets people to return after an absence.

If anything, the number of map wipes should increase, but that probably wouldn't be a great idea with the recent release of Legion competing with a similar market (which I am a part of).

Spirit_Guardian

Soulsand
You need to understand 2 things about MC servers before this is even a discussion.

1.The server gets its highest boost in population after map wipes. The issue with player levels is not that people leave due to map wipes (because it attracts more people), it's player retention.

2. All MC maps get wiped or reset. That's what keeps content relatively fresh and what gets people to return after an absence.

If anything, the number of map wipes should increase, but that probably wouldn't be a great idea with the recent release of Legion competing with a similar market (which I am a part of).

You claim this, but the number of people playing do not support your claim. As I stated, map wipes are important; please read what I am saying.
I do not agree that map wipes are a good incentive for players to stick around. Like I said, if a player is working on something and they lose all their work-in-progress they tend to become discouraged and leave; this is what I have noticed over the years. Map wipes are not the only thing bringing players back, but also new appealing mechanics; which have historically been the reason for map wipes in the first place, now they are normal. In the past I have left because of map wipes, because I [would always get] close to my goal but never reach it and it just got frustrating after awhile, and I only came back because despite that I still like Herocraft.

Edit: I will also point out that sometimes players do not leave directly because of a map wipe, but because of one reason or another (whatever they may decide) and the map wipe just felt like a good time to leave; since they already didn't want to stay, but did anyway, there is no incentive for them to keep playing after the map wipe.

Last edited:
You claim this, but the number of people playing do not support your claim. As I stated, map wipes are important; please read what I am saying.
I do not agree that map wipes are a good incentive for players to stick around. Like I said, if a player is working on something and they lose all their work-in-progress they tend to become discouraged and leave; this is what I have noticed over the years. Map wipes are not the only thing bringing players back, but also new appealing mechanics; which have historically been the reason for map wipes in the first place, now they are normal. In the past I have left because of map wipes, because I [would always get] close to my goal but never reach it and it just got frustrating after awhile, and I only came back because despite that I still like Herocraft.

Edit: I will also point out that sometimes players do not leave directly because of a map wipe, but because of one reason or another (whatever they may decide) and the map wipe just felt like a good time to leave; since they already didn't want to stay, but did anyway, there is no incentive for them to keep playing after the map wipe.
I understand what you are saying, but that is from your perspective and not the average MC player's. You're not arguing against map wipes, but your attitude towards them is from a perspective that is rather separate from the average player.

Numbers support exactly what I am saying as when the maps come up we average 100-150+ at peak hours, but long after a map wipe (now) we are getting WAAAYYY less than that.

Yes, the average number of players has decreased with each successive map update. But the reason is not at all because of map wipes. That's likes saying because (I know this isn't a relevant example, but it gets the point across) city-dwellers became largely overweight the amount of boutiques in cities also increased. The two just happen to coincide. Sure, some players who are already going to leave because they are no longer entertained by the server/MC leave after map resets, but they would have left anyway since they don't have an interest in the server anymore.

The trend of a decreasing population is largely because many veteran members simply don't enjoy MC anymore, and we don't have the player retention rates to replenish them. That along the decreasing playerbase and average MC player age make the server less prosperous from a sheer numbers perspective.

If I were to join a server late in a map life, it wouldn't be terribly active and it would get hard to become established, so I leave. I then get a notification that the map is updating, so I come online to find a booming community with far more opportunities than before. I then play through that map, join or create a town, build some stuff, kill some stuff, etc. then it gets old. There's less people on, the economy's wonky (that one's more my reason than the average person, but you get it), and I've already leveled all the classes that I feel like. I'm not just going to stay online if I don't enjoy it, so I stop playing. That's the story of the average player with a shelf life of 2-3 months on the server. We still have another 6 months before a wipe. During that span I'm either going to forget about the server if I've found another or come back again to repeat the cycle.

The question is now what to do to make people come back after the next wipe. Sure, the increased community size will draw in a good number of people, so will the prospect of a renewed sandbox to make their own, but what will be new? What will have changed? That's the real questions. If we get people interested right after the wipe and get them to stay then numbers will naturally increase, because we get good player traffic.

PvP is well established on other servers, and in that respect HC won't be able to compete with them again. Younger players generally want fast-paced action and instant gratification, but how do we balance that with what more mature players want?

But anyway, I don't know the answer. That's just the direction I think this discussion should go. I just got back from Badminton and I'm sweaty, so I'm going to stop typing this on my phone and take a shower instead of coming up with something.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I understand what you are saying, but that is from your perspective and not the average MC player's. You're not arguing against map wipes, but your attitude towards them is from a perspective that is rather separate from the average player.

Numbers support exactly what I am saying as when the maps come up we average 100-150+ at peak hours, but long after a map wipe (now) we are getting WAAAYYY less than that.

Yes, the average number of players has decreased with each successive map update. But the reason is not at all because of map wipes. That's likes saying because (I know this isn't a relevant example, but it gets the point across) city-dwellers became largely overweight the amount of boutiques in cities also increased. The two just happen to coincide. Sure, some players who are already going to leave because they are no longer entertained by the server/MC leave after map resets, but they would have left anyway since they don't have an interest in the server anymore.

The trend of a decreasing population is largely because many veteran members simply don't enjoy MC anymore, and we don't have the player retention rates to replenish them. That along the decreasing playerbase and average MC player age make the server less prosperous from a sheer numbers perspective.

If I were to join a server late in a map life, it wouldn't be terribly active and it would get hard to become established, so I leave. I then get a notification that the map is updating, so I come online to find a booming community with far more opportunities than before. I then play through that map, join or create a town, build some stuff, kill some stuff, etc. then it gets old. There's less people on, the economy's wonky (that one's more my reason than the average person, but you get it), and I've already leveled all the classes that I feel like. I'm not just going to stay online if I don't enjoy it, so I stop playing. That's the story of the average player with a shelf life of 2-3 months on the server. We still have another 6 months before a wipe. During that span I'm either going to forget about the server if I've found another or come back again to repeat the cycle.

The question is now what to do to make people come back after the next wipe. Sure, the increased community size will draw in a good number of people, so will the prospect of a renewed sandbox to make their own, but what will be new? What will have changed? That's the real questions. If we get people interested right after the wipe and get them to stay then numbers will naturally increase, because we get good player traffic.

PvP is well established on other servers, and in that respect HC won't be able to compete with them again. Younger players generally want fast-paced action and instant gratification, but how do we balance that with what more mature players want?

But anyway, I don't know the answer. That's just the direction I think this discussion should go. I just got back from Badminton and I'm sweaty, so I'm going to stop typing this on my phone and take a shower instead of coming up with something.
I think we need to take care of our current setups before doing new stuff.

When things are tested and polished we can start being experimental.

New mechanics are a great thing to draw in players, but they need to be in from the start and working 100% (unlike out current township which has been added onto over the course of this map. There's nothing wron with the plugins ideas, just that they weren't in at the start and there's been tons of bugs).

We need to focus on refined, solid, and engaging content, instead of 300 promised features, where 4 make it in and are all sloppy.

Random stuff we can try:
Proper Arena System with Elo for arena only
Refined economy
Polished classes
Experimental new classes
Political incentives for kingdoms and war
More weapon types (I actually wanna work on this, but I'm very busy as of lasted so It'd be slow going)
Raids
Better Mobs and Leveling
Mob Arena where 0xp is gained but you can win stuff (resources, money, rarer and rarer stuff as you go).

This post was written over the course of like 3 hours since I forgot I started it. Might not make sense in some parts.

Idea for an MA system, I know you dislike them but I think they can work.

First:
0xp is gained inside MA's, this prevents people from using it to power level and master 5 classes in one day.
Every 5th Wave (5,10,15, etc) you get a minor reward (Money, Diamonds, etc).
Every 10th Wave( 10, 20, 30, etc) you have the option to back out and take a Loot Item, however, if you continue you risk losing some of the rewards you've gained so far.

So, say you make it to wave 25 and Die, you would lose some of the Minor Rewards and Loots you made.

Mobs would get progressively harder, starting out pretty basic, and eventually evolving to incorporate "corrupted" hero skills, and possibly even a Zo boss for wave 100 or something.

That or rework mobs and make them fun.
@Kainzo Added some stuff about how I think MA's could be done. I know you are against them, but I think we could make them work.

Last edited:
I think we need to take care of our current setups before doing new stuff.

When things are tested and polished we can start being experimental.

New mechanics are a great thing to draw in players, but they need to be in from the start and working 100% (unlike out current township which has been added onto over the course of this map. There's nothing wron with the plugins ideas, just that they weren't in at the start and there's been tons of bugs).

We need to focus on refined, solid, and engaging content, instead of 300 promised features, where 4 make it in and are all sloppy.

Random stuff we can try:
Proper Arena System with Elo for arena only
Refined economy
Polished classes
Experimental new classes
Political incentives for kingdoms and war
More weapon types (I actually wanna work on this, but I'm very busy as of lasted so It'd be slow going)
Raids
Better Mobs and Leveling
Mob Arena where 0xp is gained but you can win stuff (resources, money, rarer and rarer stuff as you go).

This post was written over the course of like 3 hours since I forgot I started it. Might not make sense in some parts.
Yeah, I agree with that. Not much is more annoying when playing MC than a buggy server.

Don't worry about the post thing. I do that with all of my longer posts. Makes things confusing, but you did it successfully.

Spirit_Guardian

Soulsand
Just as a note from me as well guys, my main objective is to help get the cogs flowing and try to make sure all sides are presented.
Also, I dont agree with you saying that I am not an "average" minecraft player; seeing as there really is no defined average. If there is an average, and I some how fall out of that average for one reason or another, then great; I don't want to be in the same bucket as 12 year olds (no offence 12 year olds, but I am 23).

Just as a note from me as well guys, my main objective is to help get the cogs flowing and try to make sure all sides are presented.
Also, I dont agree with you saying that I am not an "average" minecraft player; seeing as there really is no defined average. If there is an average, and I some how fall out of that average for one reason or another, then great; I don't want to be in the same bucket as 12 year olds (no offence 12 year olds, but I am 23).
It's great not to be an average MC player. The average MC player is 9-14, immature, and easily triggered. Your views aren't the same as these people, which is usually good, but not for basing an argument off of in which you are trying to find out what's good for said people.

Spirit_Guardian

Soulsand
It's great not to be an average MC player. The average MC player is 9-14, immature, and easily triggered. Your views aren't the same as these people, which is usually good, but not for basing an argument off of in which you are trying to find out what's good for said people.
while true, I have a few younger friends who are discouraged after map wipes; that is what I am basing the information off of. I can't make a perfect argument, we need everyone to chip in if we really want to make this work.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
End game content, that can be done by any team combination of several classes, which offers meaningful but moderate rewards, high skill ceilings, and a VARIETY of experiences.

Example: you cannot access the next dungeon/level until you achieve a goal on the current level. That goal could be kill a particular boss, find 3 items, survive swarms of minions, beat a parkour maze, whatever, but only success allows you to progress. You can leave the dungeon/level to level up in a swamp or find allies or build a town (all the things that make MC open world unique and fun) but you won't get any farther in the end game until you achieve that level's goal.

Good goals will require some (but not too much) successful repetition controlled by time gates, lots of teamwork, and several attempts resulting in death. Perform under a certain skill level, and you will "succeed" but be denied access to a further area with even greater challenges, leaving you to return to try your luck once the time gates are off cooldown.

This experience should take as long as Legendary grind, but not reward pvp power (sorry, idk what end game should reward). Everyone on the server should be incentivized to work towards this content.

It's too bad to hear from these comments that the economy is borked, that's always #1 priority after functional fun content. Can't do much in the way of rewards/incentives if the economy isn't strong.

Tl dr : No matter how much you improve the leveling process, if the only thing max level unlocks is pvp potential, you won't hold players' interest.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
End game content, that can be done by any team combination of several classes, which offers meaningful but moderate rewards, high skill ceilings, and a VARIETY of experiences.

Example: you cannot access the next dungeon/level until you achieve a goal on the current level. That goal could be kill a particular boss, find 3 items, survive swarms of minions, beat a parkour maze, whatever, but only success allows you to progress. You can leave the dungeon/level to level up in a swamp or find allies or build a town (all the things that make MC open world unique and fun) but you won't get any farther in the end game until you achieve that level's goal.

Good goals will require some (but not too much) successful repetition controlled by time gates, lots of teamwork, and several attempts resulting in death. Perform under a certain skill level, and you will "succeed" but be denied access to a further area with even greater challenges, leaving you to return to try your luck once the time gates are off cooldown.

This experience should take as long as Legendary grind, but not reward pvp power (sorry, idk what end game should reward). Everyone on the server should be incentivized to work towards this content.

It's too bad to hear from these comments that the economy is borked, that's always #1 priority after functional fun content. Can't do much in the way of rewards/incentives if the economy isn't strong.

Tl dr : No matter how much you improve the leveling process, if the only thing max level unlocks is pvp potential, you won't hold players' interest.

I'd like to see new dungeons come in that are instances (plenty of nether portals in dp and necropolis that can be the entrance) that are locked to you until completing said objectives. Perhaps bosses could drop some kind of key for more endgame and instanced dungeons that are consumed on use?

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
I'd like to see new dungeons come in that are instances (plenty of nether portals in dp and necropolis that can be the entrance) that are locked to you until completing said objectives. Perhaps bosses could drop some kind of key for more endgame and instanced dungeons that are consumed on use?

Like raids? I like the concept of that.

I don't know, I think as far as endgame content the best that can be done is:
PvP Arena with ELO/Prizes
More consistent events to change-up content
Higher Tier Dungeon/Raid (More difficult, but not necessarily more health sponge mobs)
War and Conquest Points

Now, here's the edgier part:
Cheaper towns. The reason for this is so that budding towns can get more land faster so they can build more freely and invite more people. This also helps larger towns expand with more space for builds as well as outposts. Outposts could also play a factor in war. Now, this is mostly for us builders in the community because of the new grief rules, but I think it could benefit everyone in some way.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I don't know, I think as far as endgame content the best that can be done is:
PvP Arena with ELO/Prizes
More consistent events to change-up content
Higher Tier Dungeon/Raid (More difficult, but not necessarily more health sponge mobs)
War and Conquest Points

Now, here's the edgier part:
Cheaper towns. The reason for this is so that budding towns can get more land faster so they can build more freely and invite more people. This also helps larger towns expand with more space for builds as well as outposts. Outposts could also play a factor in war. Now, this is mostly for us builders in the community because of the new grief rules, but I think it could benefit everyone in some way.
Cheaer towns as in what - material costs? upgrade costs? coins?