• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[General] Herocraft Hunger Games :D

dalton10

A frightening Cactus!
Good Idea, just one thing, how would you be able to make sure everyone is on at once? Like people who have jobs, and teens that go to school. Also, this server is WORLDWIDE! making it lots more harder to control people being on.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Good Idea, just one thing, how would you be able to make sure everyone is on at once? Like people who have jobs, and teens that go to school. Also, this server is WORLDWIDE! making it lots more harder to control people being on.

That is one problem I found myself. I am sure something can be worked out! :p For instance, if a player ends up inactive for 1 week without any reason, they will be kicked from the games and will be given a worse punishment.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
So will like mod+ be considered capitol/gamemakers? Or will other staff be considered capitol because I want to be part of the games badly if this actually happens :)

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
Did everyone just start reading this book or something? I remember reading it a while back, Also, imo the first book was alright but the books after the first really weren't that great.
I read it a while ago also, and I agree, the first was the best.

ezmac

ICE ICE ICE!
I very much like this idea, but removing the hero's plugin takes the Hero out of HeroCraft.

This would be a very good way to should amazing PVP battles with Heros still on. Also, a regular just punch each other fight sounds boring :p I want to see casters fireball each other, and warriors and rogue strike opponents down when they lease expected. If you did leave the Heros mod out it wouldn't make sense with how the server runs. I mean if you wanted to do it that way why not just make a server run that way (jk don't ever leave HeroCraft)

Lastly, I think that this could be a good opportunity for Heroes that have worked hard to get to leave 55 to show their stuff, and not just Combat but Crafting, and this may be a good chance for Higher ups to figure out who is OP and who need a buff.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I very much like this idea, but removing the hero's plugin takes the Hero out of HeroCraft.

This would be a very good way to should amazing PVP battles with Heros still on. Also, a regular just punch each other fight sounds boring :p I want to see casters fireball each other, and warriors and rogue strike opponents down when they lease expected. If you did leave the Heros mod out it wouldn't make sense with how the server runs. I mean if you wanted to do it that way why not just make a server run that way (jk don't ever leave HeroCraft)

Lastly, I think that this could be a good opportunity for Heroes that have worked hard to get to leave 55 to show their stuff, and not just Combat but Crafting, and this may be a good chance for Higher ups to figure out who is OP and who need a buff.

The problem with the Heroes plug-in is that it can start and finish fights really quickly. Currently the fighting classes are not balenced, meaning that if a player comes in with a level 55 on an overpowered spec, the games will be finished really quickly because they will be able to kill many many people at the begining. If Heroes was removed, then everyone would have a fair chance at the begining and not many would be killed, extending the duriation of the games. In addion, this would make fighting a lot longer and more enjoyable to watch! :)

As the showing their level 55 skills and allowing the coders to work out who needs a buff - that can be done already from normal PvP. Like I said before, it would be better for everyone to start in the games equal: No skills, no items.

Plob5

Legacy Supporter 2
LOVE IDEA <3

also, we should also do a more TC-Erebos like thing with KO and TC

MajorasMask

Ungodly
LOVE IDEA <3

What happens in the arena has nothing to do with guilds and townships. Infact, any rules go. You can go kill people you would usually be allied with in the normal Dragon map. However, you would be free to continue these alliences to a point where you'd have to kill each other.

Petator

Glowing Redstone
Sick idea! An alternative to vanilla minecraft (no heroes) could be a custom setup of the heroes plugin.

Contestants start with one combat ability, and must level up through mining/combat to get more. This will force the contestants to stay active and thus encounter each other more.

I support this tournament idea 100%

ezmac

ICE ICE ICE!
The problem with the Heroes plug-in is that it can start and finish fights really quickly. Currently the fighting classes are not balenced, meaning that if a player comes in with a level 55 on an overpowered spec, the games will be finished really quickly because they will be able to kill many many people at the begining. If Heroes was removed, then everyone would have a fair chance at the begining and not many would be killed, extending the duriation of the games. In addion, this would make fighting a lot longer and more enjoyable to watch! :)

As the showing their level 55 skills and allowing the coders to work out who needs a buff - that can be done already from normal PvP. Like I said before, it would be better for everyone to start in the games equal: No skills, no items.

But, this would be a good chance to get people to aspire to become lvl 55 so they can have a chance at the Games. Plus no I am 52 and I have been 55. Good PVP'ers still have a shot at killing me (most spec'ed casters can, and sometimes just casters)

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
LOVE IDEA <3

You mean the fort thing that one of us recorded? Where Erebos and TCs made dirt forts and defended them?

Anyway, pretty cool idea. I'd like to see this as a HUGE event that is scheduled and planned out and everything.

First book was good. Second+third were crap - ending was really bad.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
You mean the fort thing that one of us recorded? Where Erebos and TCs made dirt forts and defended them?

Anyway, pretty cool idea. I'd like to see this as a HUGE event that is scheduled and planned out and everything.

I thought the last 2 books were still good, 3rd better than the 2nd because of how action packed it seemed to be. The ending of the 3rd one I was actually a fan of, but it was kind of an unexpected ending, which is the main reason I enjoyed it because I know most people wanted Katniss to be with Gale over Peeta, they just seemed meant for each other in my opinion. But it was interesting to see how torn between the two katniss was. I honestly really enjoyed the last book, maybe more than the first (this is my opinion), and the ending certainly was a reason for me to like it.
Anyways @atvrider312 for castle wars event?

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
Meh. It just ended suddenly without any closing. It didn't wrap up and do a full circle. It was just one of those 'and they lived happily ever after' endings to me.

The first was action packed, it had detail and it covered a small portion of time in depth. The second and third covered a longer amount of time and no where near as detailed as the first. I felt like they were really lacking.

Back to Stephen King and Heinlein haha.

Plob5

Legacy Supporter 2

Yup, Thats what I intended to mean -_-