• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

General Balance Concerns Discussion

look_out

Legacy Supporter 3
I'm fine with a 1.5 second warm-up. My thinking being they can just use it after a blink or entangle.( my usual times of use)

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I need to learn to talk like a politician (Spew shit, but make it that anything I say I can't be held accountable for.)

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Ninja Health:
The number i think ninja hp should have
Starting 680 with 3.75 per level
At 65 they will have 820 hp( with no constitution)
Those numbers result in 920 hp, which is 18 more than the current.

Also, I'd like to say that it's probably a good idea for Ninja to retain an HP higher than that of Runeblade, but lower than or equal to Ranger.

Current "Rogue" HP pools
Runeblade: 595 + (4 * 64) = 851
Ninja: 646 + (4 * 64) = 902
Ranger: 634 + (4 * 64) = 890
Bard: 674 + (4 * 64) = 930

(You may notice that all the "rogue types" get 4 HP per level. There's no real meaning behind that, it's just how I decided to do it.)

Last edited:

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
I have placed the replenish stuff on test, with 30% + 0.75% per wis, 3 second warmup, 1 min CD. Druid CD is set to 90 seconds, or 1.5 minutes. Test away~

look_out

Legacy Supporter 3
Ninja:

Back flip makes ninjas able to travel very fast cause the low CD and stamina cost. I think the CD should be longer from 6s to 10 s.
They can out run dragoons jump because the dragoon will run out of stamina.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Ninja:

Back flip makes ninjas able to travel very fast cause the low CD and stamina cost. I think the CD should be longer from 6s to 10 s.
The skills are identical when it comes to movement. The ONLY reason a ninja wouldn't run our of stamina first is because they have energize. Besides that, a dragoon would normally allocate more endurance than a ninja.

I'm in the strong belief that a ninja should be able to escape from situations since it's the playstyle of the class. Are they escaping too well? Maybe. But, I don't think backflip is the source of that problem.

If I where to nerf ninja's backflip, I would only increase it to 8s, because 10s seems too much like a knee-jerk reaction.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Ninja:

It was intended for the Ninja to exceed or equal a Dragoons mobility for lore purposes.

I believed that "Rogues" should be some of the more 'mobile' classes on Herocraft. They are supposed to be agile and dexterous, yet most of their mobility was well below the heavy armored lancer that had the ability to fly to the moon. This was the reason for granting them grappling hook, as well as giving agility a movement speed bonus. Dragoon jump stamina cost also got increased.

---
I am much more of the opinion of lowering their HP over reducing their mobility, to be honest.

Do you think that would be acceptable, or do you think the mobility is that much of an issue?

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
It was intended for the Ninja to exceed or equal a Dragoons mobility for lore purposes.

I believed that "Rogues" should be some of the more 'mobile' classes on Herocraft. They are supposed to be agile and dexterous, yet most of their mobility was well below the heavy armored lancer that had the ability to fly to the moon. This was the reason for granting them grappling hook, as well as giving agility a movement speed bonus. Dragoon jump stamina cost also got increased.

---
I am much more of the opinion of lowering their HP over reducing their mobility, to be honest.

Do you think that would be acceptable, or do you think the mobility is that much of an issue?
I'm in favor of them having reduced hp. I like the concept of a very mobile class that is hard to hit, but relies on that since they can't take much dmg.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
I've set their base HP to 609 + 4 per level on test.

Small psuedo list of changes so far:
Ninja base HP reduction (609 base).
Ninja Energize 1.5 second warmup.
Wizard/Druid Replenish was given Wisdom scaling (30% + 0.75% per Wisdom) and a 1.5 second warmup.
Bard bow damage reduced to match ninja's.
Ranger bow damage reduced by 18%. (Temporary measure until an appropriate system for agility scaling is added.)

I was considering the idea of increasing DeathMark cooldown for Ninja by 15-30 more seconds. What would your guys' thoughts be on that?

Not sure if Kainzo is planning to push any of this to live with the upcoming update, but figured I'd come here and make a post just in case. Leave any comments / thoughts below.

Last edited:

Sirdemonic3

Legacy Supporter 3
looks good delf, i like all those changes, but is deathmark change good? havent ever used it