• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[General] Accredited [Merchant]s

Should there be a [Merchant] tag?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I don't care

• Total voters

Rofii

Legacy Supporter 7
How about we have a [Merchant] tag for major shop owners and traders? I'm aware that with the release of heroes there will be a lot more chest shops, but the tag wouldn't be for anyone with a chest shop.. people would have to meet certain criteria such as having a large selection of items for sale and keeping those items in stock (at least most of the time).

Also, I remember Brutal asking in offtopic what people thought of staff-run shops that bought (but don't sell) certain materials that are needed for server projects. The responses were kind of mixed evenly between yay/nay so here is my proposition:

Rather than have staff run shops, how about the staff instead contract with these accredited merchants to buy the required materials. In other words if you needed a crapton of lapis blocks, the staff could place an order with the merchants and they would all raise the price at which they buy lapis from players by 10c (causing a surge in lapis sells to the merchants) and then the staff could purchase the lapis at an agreed upon price.

PS: To the people thinking that there will be far too many chest shops once heroes comes out for this to work, think of it this way: Everyone on the server builds a house but only a fraction are architects. Likewise, almost everyone on the server buys and sells goods at some point, but only a small fraction would be accredited [Merchant]s

Draskuul

Legacy Supporter 5
I'll actually bring up two more shop-related ideas:

The first one would be to tie the shops together with the new banking mod being worked on. Let us specify a bank account name rather than a player name to handle funds.

(Scratch the second idea, easy workaround available)