• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Gear Drop Upon Death

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
With the new armour enhancements and how rare godly weapons are why would you make items drop upon death, there would be no point in grinding for hours for that one piece of gear to then lose it within the first few minutes of pvp.
if people bring their godly weapons into open world pvp knowing the risks that is their own fault

PVP is hardly rewarding anymore and this needs to be implemented. I just asked a bunch of people in chat about it and they agreed instantly.
http://puu.sh/dQzcB/7cd8be50d7.png

Trizze was even confused about the fact that this wasnt even in the game anymore!

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
How about instead of gaining gear upon death, the killer gains souls?

Possibly a kill-streak system can be implemented, where a multiplier is added to the amount of souls gained per player kill, which resets on death, whether it's a PvE or PvP death. The killer would gain a certain amount of souls dependent on the victim's level, 1 soul for killing a level 1 player, 60 souls for killing a maxed out player, and 61 for those special exceptions.

Furthermore, with the upcoming Bounty revamp, this multiplier would also multiply any bounty placed on the killer's head, only resetting upon getting killed by a player. It gives an incentive for players to participate in PvP a bit more, and would make bounty hunters a thing in Herocraft.
This will be a camp fest. Souls for kills is being implemented in the contested areas. It doesn't need to be map wide.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
if people bring their godly weapons into open world pvp knowing the risks that is their own fault

PVP is hardly rewarding anymore and this needs to be implemented. I just asked a bunch of people in chat about it and they agreed instantly.
http://puu.sh/dQzcB/7cd8be50d7.png

Trizze was even confused about the fact that this wasnt even in the game anymore!
Three is hardly a bunch. This was implemented at the request of PvP'ers in order to increase PvP which became nearly non existent after the implementation of custom items. It is working. I see more people Pvping this map and more PvP death spam than on the previous two maps. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Right now you have less loot but more PvP. Remove this feature and you will have less of both, because you can't get any loot from people you can't find in the first place.

Dreamcycler

Legacy Supporter 5
If gear drop came back i couldnt wear an ancient runestone my head, or use a relic v as my weapon anymore :(