• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Gear Drop Upon Death

RShooter2000

ICE ICE ICE!
Gear such as armor and weapons should drop upon death. Especially if it is a pvp death. This gives a reason to actually raid someone, especially seeing how chain gold iron and diamond can only be made by smiths.

Parsalin

Iron
id be fine with this if it falls into a flagging system, ifyour a murderer you risk all your items to raid if your peacefull a small chance your stuff may fall. somthing like that... didnt we have somthing like this once?

another thing to concider is if your items fall on death id like to see marks of revenge removed. and there be no other gains in killing or youll see grave camping way to abundant.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Rshooter you get attributes on yoru armor and weapons now so it should stay how it is.

RShooter2000

ICE ICE ICE!
id be fine with this if it falls into a flagging system, ifyour a murderer you risk all your items to raid if your peacefull a small chance your stuff may fall. somthing like that... didnt we have somthing like this once?

another thing to concider is if your items fall on death id like to see marks of revenge removed. and there be no other gains in killing or youll see grave camping way to abundant.

Your gear should drop into your death chest, right now its way too easy to graveyard run or spawn run after you die if you are a class that has little to no reagents. I feel this would go nicely with the new custom map and classes.

xMJay

Portal
Gear such as armor and weapons should drop upon death. Especially if it is a pvp death. This gives a reason to actually raid someone, especially seeing how chain gold iron and diamond can only be made by smiths.
i would agree, but with the new rare custom armor coming in I would hate to have armor drop

the grind for this armor is supposed to be really hard, and if that stuff can be dropped on death... i just don't see kaizno adding this

Beau_Nearh

Portal
With the planned feature of having certain armours granting extra attributes to the wearer, dropping all items like these on death would be very dis-heartening to the player who spent a stupid amount of hours acquiring it. The only way I can see getting the best of both worlds (keeping special armour/ tools on death and loosing normal ones though death)would be to have it so;

+Armour/ tools/ items that grants additional attributes are kept on death
+15-25% chance of dropping normal armour piece(s)/ tool(s) in death (the current armour and tools including gladiator weapons)
+Have in the description of these special tools/ items something down the lines of "(item name) is bound though death to whoever process's it"

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
With the planned feature of having certain armours granting extra attributes to the wearer, dropping all items like these on death would be very dis-heartening to the player who spent a stupid amount of hours acquiring it. The only way I can see getting the best of both worlds (keeping special armour/ tools on death and loosing normal ones though death)would be to have it so;

+Armour/ tools/ items that grants additional attributes are kept on death
+15-25% chance of dropping normal armour piece(s)/ tool(s) in death (the current armour and tools including gladiator weapons)
+Have in the description of these special tools/ items something down the lines of "(item name) is bound though death to whoever process's it"
Only the top tier of special items should be soulbound. Even then. Soulbound items are really strong.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Only the top tier of special items should be soulbound. Even then. Soulbound items are really strong.

Well it totally depends on how rare these items will be. If they come in the form of tiers like (think common, uncommon, rare ect)

Tier 1 - effects 1 attribute, no other enchants
Tier 2 - effect 1 attribute, 2 enchants
Tier 3 - effects 2 attributes, 2 enchants
Ect ect

Then I agree, not all of them should be 'soul bound'. If they come on the form of just 1 tier that affect multiple attributes and are extremely rare. Then I disagree. All depends on how they are implemented :)

Note; could even have something down the lines of 'soul bound' being a rare enchant/ effect on these items (all tiers could get it regardless but there's a low chance maybe?)

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Well it totally depends on how rare these items will be. If they come in the form of tiers like (think common, uncommon, rare ect)

Tier 1 - effects 1 attribute, no other enchants
Tier 2 - effect 1 attribute, 2 enchants
Tier 3 - effects 2 attributes, 2 enchants
Ect ect

Then I agree, not all of them should be 'soul bound'. If they come on the form of just 1 tier that affect multiple attributes and are extremely rare. Then I disagree. All depends on how they are implemented :)

Note; could even have something down the lines of 'soul bound' being a rare enchant/ effect on these items (all tiers could get it regardless but there's a low chance maybe?)
That sounds a bit better.

Common - 0% Chance of soulbound
Uncommon - 1% Chance of souldbound (Low chance but there)
Rare - 5%
Epic - 6%
Legendary - 10%

as an example

A

Azzezima

Why not just make your armor lose it's durability for 25% (PVP) / 5% (PVE) when you die so you get to keep it but you can't keep going back into battle because your armor will break and your armor won't break fast if you get killed by mobs.

-Azzezima-

Avoir

Obsidian
With the new armour enhancements and how rare godly weapons are why would you make items drop upon death, there would be no point in grinding for hours for that one piece of gear to then lose it within the first few minutes of pvp.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
With the new armour enhancements and how rare godly weapons are why would you make items drop upon death, there would be no point in grinding for hours for that one piece of gear to then lose it within the first few minutes of pvp.
To make PvP "rewardable" again.
When items on death was first introduced, the Vocal PvP community complained. "There's no point in raiding, you don't get any gear or items"
People who weren't 110% skilled at PvP would never use their rare items, for fear of losing them, so nothing of value was really gained by PvPing. Sure you killed someone but the "super important" KDR wasnt in yet. Now, the PvPers dont want this to go away because they get to raid straight out the Graveyard.

The %damage given to armor is a good thing. Items on death would mean: You overcame that Sharpness 11, Knockback 2, Fire aspect 2, unbreaking 100 gold sword? Nice job! Its yours now! Did that Paladin have a +5 cont, +3 Str, and +7 Agi chestplate? Not anymore!

No one wants to lose their god weapons within a few minutes. But everyone wants raids to be worth it (Honestly I doubt they want items anymore since Clan KDR is the be all end all of importance). Maybe it's me just not being the richest, best equipped, or the fact that I'm not a great HC PvPer that makes me not give a fuck about KDR. I'd rather lose my stuff and be able to actually loot someones inventory, than have the current system where people get killed, can just jump right out of the GY back into things.

Avoir

Obsidian
To make PvP "rewardable" again.
When items on death was first introduced, the Vocal PvP community complained. "There's no point in raiding, you don't get any gear or items"
People who weren't 110% skilled at PvP would never use their rare items, for fear of losing them, so nothing of value was really gained by PvPing. Sure you killed someone but the "super important" KDR wasnt in yet. Now, the PvPers dont want this to go away because they get to raid straight out the Graveyard.

The %damage given to armor is a good thing. Items on death would mean: You overcame that Sharpness 11, Knockback 2, Fire aspect 2, unbreaking 100 gold sword? Nice job! Its yours now! Did that Paladin have a +5 cont, +3 Str, and +7 Agi chestplate? Not anymore!

No one wants to lose their god weapons within a few minutes. But everyone wants raids to be worth it (Honestly I doubt they want items anymore since Clan KDR is the be all end all of importance). Maybe it's me just not being the richest, best equipped, or the fact that I'm not a great HC PvPer that makes me not give a fuck about KDR. I'd rather lose my stuff and be able to actually loot someones inventory, than have the current system where people get killed, can just jump right out of the GY back into things.
Back in the day there was no god armor or weapons, so dropping everything on death made complete sence but your argument saying "good job you kill the guy with awesome armor now you can have it" doesn't really make sence because that player who spent hours and hours of work for the gear will most likely end up quiting.

Sure the hardcore players who spend what 4-5 hours a day playing, meh that might be bad for them they could easily get the armour back within the next few days but for the casual player who come on less than 1-2 hours getting that armour back would take way too much time

Plus armor loses durability upon death and when exposed to TNT (aka creepers), eventually the armour will break it is just a slow process

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Back in the day there was no god armor or weapons, so dropping everything on death made complete sence but your argument saying "good job you kill the guy with awesome armor now you can have it" doesn't really make sence because that player who spent hours and hours of work for the gear will most likely end up quiting.

Sure the hardcore players who spend what 4-5 hours a day playing, meh that might be bad for them they could easily get the armour back within the next few days but for the casual player who come on less than 1-2 hours getting that armour back would take way too much time.

At this point I honestly can't tell what PvPers want. Are casual players suddenly cared about because they are victims?

Gear kept on death is a double edge sword.

In terms of God weapons/Tool/Armor/Other rare crap: Its great! No one has to lose their rare stuff
In terms of raiders: Good for them since they can keep raiding no matter what.
In terms of Raids: Bad. No actual reward comes from raid. You're saying you DONT want to get that greataxe of slaughter that DK was using to bash your head in? You wouldnt relish in the fact that you could outplay him, and take his might axe? (Note: Royal you, I dont mean FrankyDemon, I mean someone going on a Raid)

You shouldn't get angry you died and lost your rare weapons. You get even. You level up, recruit people, you fight back. You steal their god weapons/armor/tools.

No one wants to lose anything. But PvP is rewarding when you can get their items after a fight.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
I have to say that as a player who doesn't mind PvP, but doesn't derive the adrenaline rush of enjoyment many seem to, keeping items on death has definitely increased the frequency that I risk death by PvP.
If this feature is removed what you will see happen is that me and those like me (I know several) will either goe back to our hidey holes or just never venture into PvP territory with anything of value.
The thing is I really don't give a damn if you kill me, even those who are complete dbags about it or campers that never let me leave the grave yard until I log out for five minutes log back in and head the other direction. None of it really bothers me. However I would rather leave my enchanted Armor and tools in my Lwc and never use them, then let you have them.
I think you are all forgetting why this was added. Another case of thinking you know what you want but not understanding your needs. This was added because most players, even the so called hardcore PvP'ers were avoiding PvP except in cases were they felt they had a clear advantage. Group fights had stopped happening for the most part because there is a high risk of death and nobody wanted to lose their custom weapons.
This system is working. There is more PvP than there has been in a long time because people stopped running from fights when they stopped fearing the loss of their stuff.
In fact it was the PvP camp that clamoured for this. One of their few demands who's implantation actually improved the server for all. Not only were they not getting much loot they were having a difficult time even finding someone to kill.
Though I do know several players that have expressed to me how this addition has caused them to experience and enjoy PvP while before they avoided it at all costs, I personally don't care, I have no stake. I just want you all to know that i this is removed, while you may get more loot from the PvP you find, you will find far less PvP.
Edit: sorry for any typos this is a small phone and I have fat fingers

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Honestly I'm for keeping it atm, it's just that it all feels off.

Nothing is gained from PvPing someone anymore, other than KDR, and it feels too easy for people to constantly keep jumping back into raids, not having to regear, gather their forces and fight again.

I have no perfect spluton, heck I don't even have a guess at one.

(Mobile sucks, any mistake blame that)

Xelarator1

Obsidian
How about instead of gaining gear upon death, the killer gains souls?

Possibly a kill-streak system can be implemented, where a multiplier is added to the amount of souls gained per player kill, which resets on death, whether it's a PvE or PvP death. The killer would gain a certain amount of souls dependent on the victim's level, 1 soul for killing a level 1 player, 60 souls for killing a maxed out player, and 61 for those special exceptions.

Furthermore, with the upcoming Bounty revamp, this multiplier would also multiply any bounty placed on the killer's head, only resetting upon getting killed by a player. It gives an incentive for players to participate in PvP a bit more, and would make bounty hunters a thing in Herocraft.