• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Gap in Forum Rating Ability - Community Decision Time

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I think having a community established method of qualitative (not "disagree") disapproval is important to a well functioning forum board.

We lost two of our great friends, the Facepalm and the Dislike. While I agree that muting forum rating and dealing with the appeals is something that shouldn't take staff time, I feel like my negative rating ability has been severely impacted. I can't use Yummy! for anything similar, and they even got rid of Old, and Bad Spelling!

So we need to decide what is the new way to let someone know that while their logic is potentially correct (so you feel that you CAN'T rate it "disagree") you still think they are a failure.

I like the idea of either Lovebox or Useful (you tool!). Creepy is great since its a creeper, who provide the biggest fails of all, but Creepy has a specific use already.

Thoughts?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We, more or less, don't want negative ratings or rating battles. If this wasn't a server in constant conflict, I'd be more apt to it, but the management side of it is just too much for the little gain.

If you can find nice neutral ratings, I'd be okay with it.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I could agree that removing those ratings would be in the best interests of staff... But I miss them. </3

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I remember when "Creepy" was introduced. Truly revolutionized the rating system.[DOUBLEPOST=1363211540,1363211515][/DOUBLEPOST]I also remember when you could only "like". xD

iGavinnn

Legacy Supporter 8
Make one that fits / works? I havent seen one like that.

As dumb as this may sound it is what happens. Some people take what others say on the internet very seriously. I agree with the removal of these ratings for the simple fact that it just caused too much drama and animosity.

What about an Opposition rating? I feel like this is a very good word to use to tell someone that you have a different view on thier idea without making it seem like their suggestion was compleely useless.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
As dumb as this may sound it is what happens. Some people take what others say on the internet very seriously. I agree with the removal of these ratings for the simple fact that it just caused too much drama and animosity.

What about an Opposition rating? I feel like this is a very good word to use to tell someone that you have a different view on thier idea without making it seem like their suggestion was compleely useless.
"Disagree" - is opposition....

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7

Problem is there are so many people on these forums who purposely disagree/oppose anything you say, just to be trolls. I prefer to disagree with my words and not a little picture.

I would like to see the ratings gone completely.

iGavinnn

Legacy Supporter 8
Problem is there are so many people on these forums who purposely disagree/oppose anything you say, just to be trolls.

In all honesty any site I have ever made for someone only has one rating button and that is either a like button or a thank you button. Like you said there are too many trolls. If people want their opinion to be heard they will post and explain themselves. Not just simply click a button. I am 100% for getting rid of ratings.

"Disagree" - is opposition....

I am aware but it is not as direct I feel.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We arent looking to punish the good users for the small userbase - there current system im quite happy with - we'll continue to make adjustments.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Is there any chance you could add F-Palm back to use in Ban/Mute appeal section? At least in most Ban Appeals, I feel like that is the only rating that has a reason to be used.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Problem is there are so many people on these forums who purposely disagree/oppose anything you say, just to be trolls. I prefer to disagree with my words and not a little picture.

But who will I give all of my "Useful" ratings to?!

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
We still need replacements. Any ideas? I don't really care if I get rated fpalm. Lol its just a rating.