• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Fun Facts Thread

Plob5

Legacy Supporter 2
I only remember a few.
  • What you breathe in 1/4 is people's farts.
  • Mohammed is the most common name in the world
  • A average chocolate bar has like 10 insect legs in it. (Removed seeing it was already there.)

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
- Like most people my age, I'm 25 years old.

- You're alive for 2 reasons.
1. You were born.
2. You haven't die yet.

- Scientists discovered that 100% of babies are caused by pregnancy.

agentjwall

Godly
World domination? I think so.

Nah, they're just practicing for their inevitable departure...

Today's topic is:Human Stupidity

A few years back a study was done to see the average person's knowledge of basic facts. the Results were quite surprising:
  • What is the historical significance of July 4th?
55% - Day the Declaration of Independence was signed.​
32% - Independence day​
1% - Birth of the United States​
6% - Other​
6% - No opinion​
(This means that 45% of Americans don't know the meaning of our most important holiday* and 13% have absolutely no idea what they're talking about)
  • What country did America gain its independence from?
76% - Britain​
2% - France​
3% - Other (Including Russia, China, and Mexico)​
19% - No opinion​
(This means that 24% of Americans don't know about who we won the war with thad made us a country)
  • Does the Earth revolve around the sun or vice versa?
79% - Earth around the sun​
18% - Sun around the Earth​
3% - No opinion​
(21%... wow -.-')
<http://www.gallup.com/poll/3742/new-poll-gauges-americans-general-knowledge-levels.aspx>
Now it's understandable that you wouldn't know the first two if you aren't a US citizen but otherwise that's really quite sad. If you didn't know one of these before then you're one of today's lucky 10,000, Congratulations!

Oh, and speaking of human stupidity, If you haven't heard of the Darwin Awards they're pretty great...

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
Crazy and funny facts:

It is believed that Shakespeare was 46 around the time that the King James Version of the Bible was written. In Psalms 46, the 46th word from the first word is shake and the 46th word from the last word is spear.

The three best-known western names in China: Jesus Christ, Richard Nixon, and Elvis Presley.

Dueling is legal in Paraguay as long as both parties are registered blood donors.

According to suicide statistics, Monday is the favored day for self-destruction.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Horrid Fact:

In some countries, you can be given the death penalty if you attempt and fail to commit suidice. Kinda ironic.

agentjwall

Godly
Hey, the KJV (King James Version) Bible happens to be my favorite version (for reasons you will soon see) which is a nice segue into Today's topic: Religion
  • The KJV Bible portrays God as quite the kinky person:
"God hath the strength of a unicorn [...] Devourer of nations [...] and shall crush their bones and pierce them through with arrows" (which, when put together, makes God seem like a satanic, Godzilla-sized unicorn...)

• If you justify atheism because "believing in a religion is illogical" you're wrong:
Assuming that either a god exists or doesn't (2 options) then there are 4 possible outcomes for reality depending on you're actions:​
6a00d834515db069e2011571255a3f970c-800wi.gif
As you can see, nothing happens either way if a god doesn't exist but if one does exist then you should believe or risk eternal damnation; Therefore, the only logical choice is to believe in god to guarantee that you won't face damnation. (But the tricky part is, what god do you choose to believe in?)

• Almost every race has their own variation of Jesus:

And if you're ever feeling board, here's a fun CBR chatbot configured to talk like god ^^,

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
They are also the only other animal besides humans that have Sex for pleasure.
Time to open up the Dirty Dictionary.

What about dogs? I don't think my Chihuahua humps his little stuffed animal just for the sake of continuing his legacy.

White is not actually a true color, just the absence of color
That isn't true... If you shoot white light through a triangular prism a rainbow comes out. Why would something that is the absence of color create a rainbow?

Though it may depend on if you're talking about light or color pigments.

agentjwall

Godly
Due to popular demand and several necrophiliacs fun facts are now back!

Today's topic: "what would happen if you tried to hit a baseball going almost the speed of light?"

Courtesy of Randal Munroe:

(click to enlarge)

Feel free to suggest topics or questions for future fun facts!