• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Forum name change

Not really much to say about this. With the MC name-change feature, people's IGN and forum name could be different, leading to confusion.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
So are you thinking it would be good to have a process in place for people to request their forums profiles be ported to their new names?

This is certainly doable, just needs someone to do it. Various staff have taken on this role in the past. It would be good to be clear who's doing it now.

@Kainzo @Admins

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We're probably just not going to do forum name changes. It's too much administrative work to change to and fro.

We'll see if we can find a better system that ties into the UUID checker.

jan9f

Legacy Supporter 3
We're probably just not going to do forum name changes. It's too much administrative work to change to and fro.

We'll see if we can find a better system that ties into the UUID checker.
You could just get somebody that's designated to do it. Just give them the power to change names (somebody that won't abuse it) and have a thread stickied for people to post their new names with a format. Then that person(s) assigned the permission would check it and update as needed.

bfittipaldi

Legacy Supporter 7
Possible a new use for the Proctors. Would actually give them a meaningful purpose if they could regulate the forum name changes and such. Would also mean to cut down the Proctor team into the most trusted members.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Possible a new use for the Proctors. Would actually give them a meaningful purpose if they could regulate the forum name changes and such. Would also mean to cut down the Proctor team into the most trusted members.
I actually like this idea ^_^ Its similar to the job Proctors already had ( Forum stuff ) and seems fairly easy

Ultanian

Portal
Now I still have to live with this stupid pony name. I like ultanian so much more...

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Do we even have proctors still?
Technically the position is still around. The @Proctors still have a tag on their nameplates, however they don't have a job as far as I know. Last I saw Ulti wanted them to help people with registering but aside from that they don't do anything.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Technically the position is still around. The [USERGROUP=17]@Proctors[/USERGROUP] still have a tag on their nameplates, however they don't have a job as far as I know. Last I saw Ulti wanted them to help people with registering but aside from that they don't do anything.
Ulti has been busy for a while, but last I heard the job of the proctors(which I am, idk why forum title is gone) was to help with staff applications, but this hasn't been made official. I made a post about a possible proctor job not too long ago as well