• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Forum mod

SaberStone

Legacy Supporter 2
I'm suggesting a new position which would be the forum mod. As of late, there have been increasing amounts of trolling and flaming as Jeoff has stated here. I am hoping that one day i'd be able to see a tightly knit community for herocraft. In order for this to be possible. All the trolling/flaming will have to be eliminated. Im sure the admins/mods/guides catch the occasional troll here and there but that shouldn't be something to rely ono a rank so high. I hope there will be a new position for forum mod to eliminate all that gunk out there. Thanks for reading this thread!
~Please post what you think about this below

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
I agree. It fits nicely with the upcoming promotions/demotions as well.

I will post a rough draft of the apllication, guidelines and job description in a few minutes.

Jorict

Legacy Supporter 7
I applied for mod, in additional info I mentioned I'd gladly be a forum mod :p

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
I agree with this on principle. We do have quite a large staff in-game, that also have the ability to take care of things on the forums, however, given the size of our community it wouldn't be a bad idea to have staff strictly for the forums.​

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
---Forum Mod App---

Job Description:
This task is to moderate and ensure that there is no harassment, discrimination or any other misconduct occurring on the forums. These mods use the forum's report system to ensure that the forum rules are upheld. Forum mods report directly to the Admins.

(Please copy and paste the text below into a new post HERE with the title:
Forum Mod App: <yournamehere> )

1. Minecraft IGN:
2. Position applying for: Forum Mod
3. Age|Timezone:
4. How long have you been on Herocraft?:
5. Why do you think you would make a good forum mod?:
6. Additional info you would like to tell us?:

Guidelines:

As a forum mod you should be as grammatically and politically correct as possible. You represent Herocraft and should therefore provide a shining example. You should try to be outgoing, helpful, and have a positive attitude. Note that this is a responsibility and it will sometimes get in the way of playing on the HC server.

-Prevention: If you notice a thread beginning to get out of hand, intervene, issue warnings and get it back on track. Prevention is key and should be your main priority. If you do this correctly, punishment will never be necessary.

-Checking reports: The report system is a forum mods best friend. Check the reports as frequently as possible and deal with any problems that you find in the manner described below.

-Warnings: Warnings should be given to any user who breaks the forum rules. The post in question should be replaced with the warning. Users are given 2 warnings before they receive a forum suspension. If this user breaks the forums rules again after their suspension has been lifted; follow the rest of the guidelines (give a warning/lock or delete thread if necessary) and refer to an admin on the next step.

The most common examples that require warnings are: unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable language toward any other player.

-Locking threads: Should be done if the original poster requests it to be locked. It should also be done if the thread has multiple examples of broken forum rules and you believe that if left unlocked, it would continue to promote the breaking of forum includes, but is not limited to, extensive arguing and/or abuse, and thread with malicious intent.

Locking a thread should be done by replying to the thread using the 'more options...' button. Explain why the thread is being locked and un-check the 'open' check-box before posting your reply.

-Deleting threads: Threads are to be deleted only in extreme cases. The posting of adult materials, hate mongering, racist or similar posts requires an immediate deletion as well as a suspension of the user who posted them. An admin should then be privately contacted with the details of the situation. They will advise you on how to proceed.

Always use your best judgement.

Brutalacerate

AdministRaper
All you have to do is @Brutalacerate or any other Mod+ and we'll handle it accordingly. It isn't the end of the world if someone calls you a name on the forums. Haha. I'm on the forums so damn much yet I don't see anyone reporting posts. Why not? There IS a report button on posts...........Haha. USE it and explain in detail what the issue is and we'll handle it.

This is ultimately up to the Founders.

@Apherdite
@Kainzo
@Seratt

I am against it though. Just report the posts and we can handle them/issue warnings as we see fit.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
It wouldnt be a bad idea, but that's yet another thing we internally may have to moderate ;)

I'll discuss with the others

Apherdite

Queen Bee
Every time I see a reported post, I always deal with it. I know Brutal deals with a lot as well. However, I don't think it would be a bad idea to have a couple people's help. I know that I'm not always on the forums, and unless I'm tagged in a post or have already commented on it, I really don't tend to just browse and look at random topics.

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
Revised my post above: Now has better content, formatting, grammar, links and color.

Anything I should add?

EDIT: Just noticed that Kainzo said adding moderators requires more moderating for the admins hahaha.

SaberStone

Legacy Supporter 2
All you have to do is @Brutalacerate or any other Mod+ and we'll handle it accordingly. It isn't the end of the world if someone calls you a name on the forums. Haha. I'm on the forums so damn much yet I don't see anyone reporting posts. Why not? There IS a report button on posts...........Haha. USE it and explain in detail what the issue is and we'll handle it.

This is ultimately up to the Founders.

@Apherdite
@Kainzo
@Seratt

I am against it though. Just report the posts and we can handle them/issue warnings as we see fit.
I do understand that the admins iwll always crush those trolls :). However I just dont think that should be something you *have to* do. Forum mods would just make it so you can chillax on the forums @admins. The Forum mod would have a specific job at doing it too, so the problems would be crushed as soon as possible.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I like the idea. I know some people are online all the time except a few hours sleep. If it is 4 forum mods maybe, 3-2 from US and 1-2 from Europe and 1-2 Asia/Australia. Spread out on many timezones is smart, so that the forum will have a forum mod online nearly all the time :) But it works to just do @mod/admin

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
It does work to tag existing mods/admins, but they have to deal with in-game stuff, coding (in Kainzo's case), administration and all of that. I think lightening their work load would be beneficial. Spreading out the timezones is a very good idea :)

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Yeah, the timezones is important. Myself i'm norwegian, only 13 years old and have strict parents. That means i can't be online late, when all the people is online. Also it takes foreeerever for me to get help by mod/admin if i need it midday or night. Like now, i'm soon going to go sleep, even though all the people are going online now. I think there should be a forum mod from Asia(Australia), Europe and US, so that everyone have a chance to get help fast.

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
I say we stop tagging specific people and just report it. This'll spread the work load to everyone and get things taken care of faster. If it gets no better with community involvement (reports), then it'd be the time to consider a moderator or mod team.