• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

forum layout and categories

Ilsyde

Legacy Supporter 4
I don't intend to copy&paste the relevant info here because that won't solve anything. We have way too many unnecessary categories and sub-forums so it's really easy to get lost and/or frustrated:

+Announcements pointless. this should go under Heroes Discussion as a sticky
- Rules pointless. not enough topics to warrant a sub-forum. this should go under Heroes Discussion as a sticky
- Guides pointless. not enough topics to warrant a sub-forum. this should go under Heroes Discussion as a sticky
+General pointless. this divides discussion topics, unnecessarily. plus if we don't want non-members to partake in main discussions then why have this
- Off Topic
- Suggestions pointless. could easily go under Heroes Discussion
- Banned
+Trade pointless
+Applications
- Township apps
- Staff apps

+Heroes Discussion
- Screenshots pointless, if snapshots are relevant to something then they go into that topic anyway
+Donor Area pointless
+The "Lists"
+Single Player Discussion pointless

+Official Townships
- KoE
- MoB
- ORE
+The Graveyard pointless, the main topic has to be locked under Official Townships and that's it
- Diplomacy pointless
- War pointless

Call me inefficient now :icon_mrgreen:

Airbus101

Legacy Supporter 7
RE: [T5] New command (Sign Edit)!

Well, I use the search function. it finds this thread, and if it just had the sign info and then locked it would be VERY useful.

however it has bargraphics banned messages and other useless info so it hard to read that needs to go.

help info folders should be just that info on the specific area to help.
I agree this site needs pruned to become more navigable again.

again your guide is great, but there is no unjustice of providing it in this section if this thread was cleaned up as search feature is a very valuable tool.

anyway,
in the end its your call and sounds like your mind is made up

Ilsyde

Legacy Supporter 4

I respect the time you put into your guide so that will stay here. No point in cleaning this thread however as it only serves as an announcement from Kainzo. It will need deleting/closing in the near future. Same with other topics.

TheAngle

Air

I have to disagree with you IIsyde, I think the forums are fine as they are. And do we really need a change, is honestly worth the time of the site managers?

Ilsyde

Legacy Supporter 4
Split the thread because we've gone off topic. Not necessarily a bad thing though.

We're just talking at the moment, nothing will change. I'm not the one who would make that decision and my opinion is only mine, doesn't mean that the rest of the staff agrees with it ;)

But to fully answer your question, revamping the forum categories only takes minutes. Moving, splitting threads (this topic is a good example) takes mere seconds so that will never be the problem.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We'll be renaming and re-arranging some areas - I like the sub-forums - those arent going anywhere at this moment.

However, we can condense some things. Right now -anything- posted in "announcements' gets autoshoved to the front page - we will be doing away with that and using the Wordpress page soon.

Airbus101

Legacy Supporter 7
Ok, now that you split this post my search function for my sign edit post takes me here but its no longer here what gives?