• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Forum Background

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
Bumping this because I don't want to make another thread about it. I know there are ways to disable it, but it's really annoying. It even decreases minecraft fps when I have the browser up. Discourages me from even browsing through the forums and i have heard from some newbies to Herocraft who think the same way.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Bumping this because I don't want to make another thread about it. I know there are ways to disable it, but it's really annoying. It even decreases minecraft fps when I have the browser up. Discourages me from even browsing through the forums and i have heard from some newbies to Herocraft who think the same way.
What browser do you use? If its Firefox or Google Chrome, in their recent updates (Maybe 3 monthsish ago) they have gotten more intensive. My guess is you are leaving the browser up (Or you just have a really low end PC) for too long. I suggest never leaving your browser open when gaming. This was a major problem for me before I upgraded just a few weeks ago.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Yeah, I took to closing my browser to play, but this makes it really tough for me to work on the wiki as I often need to be in game, on the forums and at the wiki at the same time when I'm testing things out or asking players to test stuff for me... as a Guide I'm also wanting to have all 3 open at the same time for the times when I need to research more detailed answers to player questions.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
I did wonder whether it was a Chrome issue. So many variables to consider. But yeah, my computer really started caning it sometime about when the clouds were introduced.

Ruger392

Obsidian
As a really busy penguin i'm always checking the forums, and with the clouds it seems my fps lower a lot having herocraft website online. Keep in mind this is only with the herocraft website not other websites like youtube facebook and twitter to name a few.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
Yeah, I took to closing my browser to play, but this makes it really tough for me to work on the wiki as I often need to be in game, on the forums and at the wiki at the same time when I'm testing things out or asking players to test stuff for me... as a Guide I'm also wanting to have all 3 open at the same time for the times when I need to research more detailed answers to player questions.
As a really busy penguin i'm always checking the forums, and with the clouds it seems my fps lower a lot having herocraft website online. Keep in mind this is only with the herocraft website not other websites like youtube facebook and twitter to name a few.
You can also change the style of the forums on the bottom left of any page where it says HCO or Default. The default version doesn't have clouds.
z8j6RYK.jpg