• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

For those of you who don't get it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
Herocraft has changed for the better. The server administration does not want to see veterans camping new players. To help combat this we introduced no-pvp structures, arrowturrets, and poison. This was designed to give players a safe place to play herocraft (for a high price). Siegecannons and raidporters were also introduced to make it so that if you wanted to pvp or raid, you could still do that.

TL;DR camping has been nerfed.

Tigobitties123

Legacy Supporter 6
Since it has, "Changed for the better" I want to see the activity of the server to go back to 80+ people on 24/7 like how it used to be. FYI that did include camping.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Since it has, "Changed for the better" I want to see the activity of the server to go back to 80+ people on 24/7 like how it used to be. FYI that did include camping.
Thats a problem with minecraft IMO. You have to face the fact that less people are playing minecraft. The people who do are so used to minigame servers and demand starter kits and unlimited free TPs.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
Herocraft has changed for the better. The server administration does not want to see veterans camping new players. To help combat this we introduced no-pvp structures, arrowturrets, and poison. This was designed to give players a safe place to play herocraft (for a high price). Siegecannons and raidporters were also introduced to make it so that if you wanted to pvp or raid, you could still do that.

Camping was never a problem. The problem was: XP boosts, PvE, and to add onto it the TnT update. Another small thing was probably taking out all these plugins like hero mod and duel arena.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
Thats a problem with minecraft IMO. You have to face the fact that less people are playing minecraft. The people who do are so used to minigame servers and demand starter kits and unlimited free TPs.
That's not even the problem Malik. There has just been so many pointless changes in my opinion and a lot of other people's opinions. I think from the start, it should have been as a group, the players' decision if these updates should have came in or not. Basically a poll.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
That's not even the problem Malik. There has just been so many pointless changes in my opinion and a lot of other people's opinions. I think from the start, it should have been as a group, the players' decision if these updates should have came in or not. Basically a poll.
Polls aren't accurate since they only show the vocal community, a good portion of the HC community don't even go on the forums.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3

1: it changed for the worse obviously, as we've gone downhill for the last 3 maps.

2: "this was designed to give players a safe place to play herocraft" because we dont have pve...

3: township 3.0 is the absolute most retarded thing I've ever seen and absolutely ruined towns and raiding.

4: Instead of addressing issues like an adult you just say "#cryhards" because you're wrong, and instead of fixing it you rather just act like we're being immature and crying about it.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
Polls aren't accurate since they only show the vocal community, a good portion of the HC community don't even go on the forums.
The people that actually care or DID care was on forums. And I'm sure it would be talked about in-game for people to actually look at it. The fact that no one really plays on HC now isn't because of MC losing players, it's for the fact of HC changing for the worse, 75% of people who have played HC and dedicated some time to it agrees. It hasn't "changed for the better".

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
dg we'd have 250 people on daily, and there was SOOO much camping. People who play aegis don't know what camping is.

Townships 3.0 is a fucking joke, and i know a lot of people feel the same.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
The people that actually care or DID care was on forums. And I'm sure it would be talked about in-game for people to actually look at it. The fact that no one really plays on HC now isn't because of MC losing players, it's for the fact of HC changing for the worse in about 75% of people who have played HC and dedicated some time to it. It hasn't "changed for the better".
I don't understand how staff can say we're "changing for the better" and how people act like we're going in the right direction.

HELLO, news flash. We've gone downhill since DG and its quite obvious.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
Losing most of the old players is not good. Implimenting an over complicated system expecting to draw in and keep new players is just ass backwards. Ignoring the remaining people who have been willing to stick around even during these dark times just puts the nail in the coffin. RIP herocraft, its too bad too because i really did use to enjoy this server.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
Now, would you guys be fine with these changes if PVE was removed...
Or how about we just implement everything that made HC good like in DG or hell even Bastion. Bastion was the start of hc taking the wrong turn but regardless was still a good map. But the removal of pve would be best to take a step towards it getting better again. But the only downside. That won't happen. Even if it did, it wouldn't happen this map. But 99.99% chance pve will stay. Because apparently Hero's isn't made for PvP. Please explain what else you use it for.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Or how about we just implement everything that made HC good like in DG or hell even Bastion. Bastion was the start of hc taking the wrong turn but regardless was still a good map. But the removal of pve would be best to take a step towards it getting better again. But the only downside. That won't happen. Even if it did, it wouldn't happen this map. But 99.99% chance pve will stay. Because apparently Hero's isn't made for PvP. Please explain what else you use it for.
Soooo

Soooo:
  • PVP Arenas (Supposed to come back...IDK when)
  • Mob Arenas (Not coming back, but adventure....?)
  • Samurai (Yell at this guy @0xNaomi )

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
dg we'd have 250 people on daily, and there was SOOO much camping. .
How could there be 250 people on daily when the cap was 200 players?

Not to mention that it was never even 200/200 except the first month of DG. Usually there were 50-80 during weekdays, while during weekends we reached 100-150 (Sometimes 180~ if there was an event or war going on). Sure, things were simpler back then than it is now, but you gotta take into account that Minecraft was at its peak in DG-Bastion era which lead to an influx of players.

You're right about the camping though, poor Canterlot got camped by TC, Legacy, XD, Erebos, Wolf Pack and other groups throughout the entire map ;-; We still became the largest town with the most active citizens (and citizens in general), despite the camping.

MalaWolf

ICE ICE ICE!
Soooo

Soooo:
  • PVP Arenas (Supposed to come back...IDK when)
  • Mob Arenas (Not coming back, but adventure....?)
  • Samurai (Yell at this guy @0xNaomi )

• Balance Patches - we need to get these done and then pushed to live.
  • Samurai - @0xNaomi told me it was out of his hands, put it back into them, we don't need fancy things like 1.8 banners
  • PVP Arenas - would be a good start
  • Mob Areans - fix mythic mobs and make dungeons ggwp...
  • More Events - we want these, they are fun.
  • Help with player retention - ie fix lost souls, simplify heroes I would rather more players than a complex system that I enjoy.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Im just sick of Not being listened too, even if my point is bad you should explain to me why its bad instead of
Me "Arrows Do More then Empathy no cost"
Person who shouldn't be named : *Mutes* omfg it killed me OP
Sammurai set for Release First week of October, Karma was supposed to come back, RPG was coming "Soon" the first day I joined Herocraft
I think PvE May be Removed but now an average 20 people on and 19 on PvE I kinda doubt it.

The thing is a Staff Member Directly told coolbeans in the Soulweilder thread "I don't care if you think this will be good or not" and then another Staff member Calling me "retarded" for suggesting something, This kinda makes me wanna quit

Basically I agree with coolbeans (Yeah if your making me say that something is wrong) Instead of addressing the issue and listening to us when we complain you just tell us to rage more, cry more, and all this other really stupid shit and then call us Immature, We all know this plugin wasn't meant to increase PvP but reduce it (safe zones = more pvp right?) why not just remove pvp at this Point?

Lol and a lot of people who support townships 3.0 are kissing so much ass its not even funny, And TBH We all know who those people are......

Edit* Stop Saying minecraft in General is loosing players as an excuse, there are still servers with 2k+ on at a time, We could do the same, Your just coming up with a bull shit excuse

Also Glad we can see balance threads now, Now we Can see how much is getting done because I mean, Tons of stuff getting done in there guys....

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Now, would you guys be fine with these changes if PVE was removed...
if it is impossible to raid then the whole server is pretty much PVE.

Towns 3.0 is a joke, the devs were told what was wrong with it and instead of considering both sides of the problem they said "well we don't want camping" and ignored all of the problems. The easiest thing to start going into the right direction is to have tested this more and DON'T add more shit like mythic mobs until it is done. @Multitallented if you really think that towns 3.0 has changed herocraft for the better why have you gotten so many threads saying it sucks and there are many problems with it? There is a difference between a raid and a siege, a raid isn't thought out at all and we don't want to spend tons of money for a 5 min raid until poison and turrets kill us when it takes hours to get the money back. A siege however should have some cost but that's all you want people to do, and that isn't what herocraft has been doing for years. You can't try and come in to change an entire community over night. While some people might like what you are doing, look at the ratings for your post here, most are disagreeing because there isn't any other negative rating and in game people are talking about problems with it. You treat this like a joke though, but this is Kainzo's business and you should have some respect for the community instead of #cryhards.

@devotedworker i see you disagree with almost every post made that actually says something bad about towns 3.0 and how the server is going downhill, I have not seen Aegis have about 35 players for weeks unless you count the hundred or so spam bots that come and go.

@malikdanab everyone that is whitelisted on Herocraft knows there are forums because they had to register on them.

@EtKEnn and that shows you camping doesn't destroy the server.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Im just sick of Not being listened too, even if my point is bad you should explain to me why its bad instead of
Me "Arrows Do More then Empathy no cost"
Person who shouldn't be named : *Mutes* omfg it killed me OP
Sammurai set for Release First week of October, Karma was supposed to come back, RPG was coming "Soon" the first day I joined Herocraft

I think PvE May be Removed but now an average 20 people on and 19 on PvE I kinda doubt it.

The thing is a Staff Member Directly told coolbeans in the Soulweilder thread "I don't care if you think this will be good or not" and then another Staff member Calling me "retarded" for suggesting something, This kinda makes me wanna quit

Basically I agree with coolbeans (Yeah if your making me say that something is wrong) Instead of addressing the issue and listening to us when we complain you just tell us to rage more, cry more, and all this other really stupid shit and then call us Immature, We all know this plugin wasn't meant to increase PvP but reduce it (safe zones = more pvp right?) why not just remove pvp at this Point?

Lol and a lot of people who support townships 3.0 are kissing so much ass its not even funny, And TBH We all know who those people are......
I'd make a proper reply to this apparently but it's possible to disagree with facts.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
if it is impossible to raid then the whole server is pretty much PVE.

Towns 3.0 is a joke, the devs were told what was wrong with it and instead of considering both sides of the problem they said "well we don't want camping" and ignored all of the problems. The easiest thing to start going into the right direction is to have tested this more and DON'T add more shit like mythic mobs until it is done. @Multitallented if you really think that towns 3.0 has changed herocraft for the better why have you gotten so many threads saying it sucks and there are many problems with it? There is a difference between a raid and a siege, a raid isn't thought out at all and we don't want to spend tons of money for a 5 min raid until poison and turrets kill us when it takes hours to get the money back. A siege however should have some cost but that's all you want people to do, and that isn't what herocraft has been doing for years. You can't try and come in to change an entire community over night. While some people might like what you are doing, look at the ratings for your post here, most are disagreeing because there isn't any other negative rating and in game people are talking about problems with it. You treat this like a joke though, but this is Kainzo's business and you should have some respect for the community instead of #cryhards.

@devotedworker i see you disagree with almost every post made that actually says something bad about towns 3.0 and how the server is going downhill, I have not seen Aegis have about 35 players for weeks unless you count the hundred or so spam bots that come and go.

@malikdanab everyone that is whitelisted on Herocraft knows there are forums because they had to register on them.

@EtKEnn and that shows you camping doesn't destroy the server.
Having a forum account doesn't mean they actively use it/comment on threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.