• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Flint and steel Fiasco

Icallhacks

Stone
Almost everyone on the server knows of the issue where you have someone under level 10 run into your base and set you on fire, stealing your crops, killing your livestock, and you can't do anything about it, because they are immune to pvp, as they are below level 10.

While I think this pvp immunity is a good idea, at least while the map is starting out, I suggest making flint and steel donator only, if only for the period of this pvp immunity on the server. I can't suggest the best way to do this, as I don't know the capabilities you have on the server, but I would greatly appreciate it if the staff would consider this idea.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
On the same token, flint and steel is the ONLY way for people to kill these people that abuse their pvp immunity.

Iarbobray

Legacy Supporter 2
I heard that flint and steel was only given to everyone because it wasn't restricted to crafter. I have a feeling that It's going to be restricted to a level above 10 in crafter in a bit.

DrMadFellow

Stone
This simply should NOT exist. Even without the flint and steel, being immune to pvp gives you IMMENSE opportunities to be the most massive dick troll in existence. I can walk into someones base who is just getting started, kill all their livestock, steal all their chests, and laugh in their face while I do it. It creates a shitty environment where people stay below level 10 just to troll and aggravate.

The only reason anyone said we even have this is to make it "easier for new players to get started". I'm sorry we are no longer "Hardcore PVP" if this exists. At least with the original system, if I was attacked by a high level player, I could get a few licks in before they raided me or killed me, hell I remember when I was a caster with fireblast I could go toe to toe with much higher level players.

I mean last I checked this was a hardcore pvp server... not a let people be carebear trolls till level 10 server. Just saying.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
This simply should NOT exist. Even without the flint and steel, being immune to pvp gives you IMMENSE opportunities to be the most massive dick troll in existence. I can walk into someones base who is just getting started, kill all their livestock, steal all their chests, and laugh in their face while I do it. It creates a shitty environment where people stay below level 10 just to troll and aggravate.

The only reason anyone said we even have this is to make it "easier for new players to get started". I'm sorry we are no longer "Hardcore PVP" if this exists. At least with the original system, if I was attacked by a high level player, I could get a few licks in before they raided me or killed me, hell I remember when I was a caster with fireblast I could go toe to toe with much higher level players.

I mean last I checked this was a hardcore pvp server... not a let people be carebear trolls till level 10 server. Just saying.
This.

The reason why staff made the decision to make players below level 10 immune to pvp is because of the way high level players tend to harass and aimlessly kill all new players and camp them on the graveyard too. This was the main reason why this was set. But now, I believe it's being abused. Players are using this to disgrace the word of "hardcore". Rather than using this PRIVILEGE to raid people with basically god mode on, they should man up and stop hiding behind that immunity. Sure, we can flint and steel people if they come in our house and lock them in with regions, but what if this person targets a new player to the server who is minding his own business? He has no regions whatsoever to protect themselves and is a low level to use lava or anything. This change has truly backfired at us...it's not really meant to protect the new players anymore with the way I've seen people use this :(