• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Fishing

Corium

Stone
As lovely as fishing is and I enjoy it in real life, the rewards of it are ten fold. Excitement, enjoyment, a meal, a trophy, money money, a good story.

in HC, fishing only gives me 10xp.

Now, I'm not going to argue real life vs a video game, but when fishing is apparently a viable way to gain XP as a farmer, 10xp every minute or two from catching a fish is absolutely undeniably inadequate.

50, hell, 30Xp would be more suitable.

Naibsel00

Iron
Farmer never seemed like a hard profession to level but granting a little more experiance for fishing might open up more options to players that normally would overlook fishing.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Farmer never seemed like a hard profession to level but granting a little more experiance for fishing might open up more options to players that normally would overlook fishing.
Farmer is the worst to level. Not because it is difficult at all. It's easy as hell. But it is SO DAMN tedious.

Annnnyway,
Fishing isn't really a main source of xp for farmers. It's more of a supplementary income (Fishing up leather armor, enchanted apples, etc). Farming wheat is the main XP source. Or sugar canes.

peterpunx

Legacy Supporter 6
tedious? oooh i guess lvling alchemist or any other profession that you only get xp from mining is not tedious

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
tedious? oooh i guess lvling alchemist or any other profession that you only get xp from mining is not tedious
All leveling is tedious. I just think farmer is the MOST tedious. Easy, yes. Fun, not at all.
You harvest a 64x64 farm to not even get a level and have to replant.......
At least mining you can still cave and have a little bit of fun fighting stuff or just exploring.
Farming is literally "Punch wheat, place seed, punch wheat, plant seed"
Mining also = stuff.
If you're farming sugar cane it has almost no use (Books are only used for so much) and people don't need food usually so bread isn't worth making.

Farmer is EASY to level.
All profession are EASY.
They are also all TEDIOUS.
I think farmer has the EASIEST leveling, but also the MOST tedious.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Fishing also provides exp for Runesmith and Merchant.

Personally I find punching cane far less tedious than mining stone and ore. Perhaps I'm just a Minecraft heretic. :D

I also never fish because I go long periods catching nothing (I am guessing my Australian ping has something to do with it). Granted I haven't tried this map.

Corium

Stone
Going to take another page from my EQ history book....

What if Fishing gave a small percentage to fish up a treasure map to a chest ( Spawned when map is read ) that isn't available in /hunt?

Dewyn

Retired Staff
Going to take another page from my EQ history book....

What if Fishing gave a small percentage to fish up a treasure map to a chest ( Spawned when map is read ) that isn't available in /hunt?

I like it, but I'm debating between it giving Farmer an advantage over every other profession and providing it with an extra bonus. This is really a job for the balance team/someone with more sense than me because when it comes to balance I'm useless (ironically I am a Libra, which has a scale for its zodiac symbol).

I like it, but I'm debating between it giving Farmer an advantage over every other profession and providing it with an extra bonus. This is really a job for the balance team/someone with more sense than me because when it comes to balance I'm useless (ironically I am a Libra, which has a scale for its zodiac symbol).
This probably should not just be for farmer, any class that gains xp from fishing, so farmer, runesmith, and merchant. It could even be added to classes such as alchemist to encourage the use of the more underplayed profs.