• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Firewave

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
If you are on the same block as a geomancer and they use firewave you take all the damage from each fireball. (As a 54 ninja I was inst-killed)

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Not sure that's a bug, since all the fireballs start at the caster's location.

c12095

Holy Shit!
I've been hearing about this myself. I believe each fireball is a real fireball that would be cast, so your pretty much eatting about a dozen fireballs in a second. Not very safe :eek:

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
I think of firewave like arowstorm for rangers. It has the porential to do tons of damage or not so much. Firewave will only hit you for mass damage if your on the same block. Thats because every fireball starts on the block the caster is standing on then moves out. It is very risky for a geomancer to try and get on the same block as another person, by getting close you will take tons of damage and can easily get sileneced in some way, shape or form. Just think of it like being traped in a 1x2 hold with a ranger casting arrowstorm Theres a good chance you'll die.

However, there are other disadvantages that cancel out the high damage. One, it only fires on the same level as the caster, making it hard to aim. Two, there a huge holes between each fireball making it easy to dodge. Three, the fireballs themselves arn't OP, just when they are all together.

I could see the damage being reduced slightly, but not too much. Most of the time, only 1 or possibly 2 fireballs will hit the target, so if the fireball does barly any damage the skill will be useless. Yes I am a geomancer and love the skill, however that dosn't mean I just "want it to be in so I can one shot everyone."

I don't think this is a bug, but it could be a suggestion if you wanted to nerf it. I belive you are suppose to take damage from each fireball otherwise the skill wouldn't work.

c12095

Holy Shit!
I think of firewave like arowstorm for rangers. It has the porential to do tons of damage or not so much. Firewave will only hit you for mass damage if your on the same block. Thats because every fireball starts on the block the caster is standing on then moves out. It is very risky for a geomancer to try and get on the same block as another person, by getting close you will take tons of damage and can easily get sileneced in some way, shape or form. Just think of it like being traped in a 1x2 hold with a ranger casting arrowstorm Theres a good chance you'll die.

However, there are other disadvantages that cancel out the high damage. One, it only fires on the same level as the caster, making it hard to aim. Two, there a huge holes between each fireball making it easy to dodge. Three, the fireballs themselves arn't OP, just when they are all together.

I could see the damage being reduced slightly, but not too much. Most of the time, only 1 or possibly 2 fireballs will hit the target, so if the fireball does barly any damage the skill will be useless. Yes I am a geomancer and love the skill, however that dosn't mean I just "want it to be in so I can one shot everyone."

I don't think this is a bug, but it could be a suggestion if you wanted to nerf it. I belive you are suppose to take damage from each fireball otherwise the skill wouldn't work.

All you have to do is deepfreeze the target and move right up behind them, seeing as they cant move, their screwed if the geomancer reacts quick enough.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
When frozen you can still hit them. Use Aoe, kick or anything like that to stop them from deepfreezing. With the warmup on it, it's hard to get it in without getting hit. It's also a bit tricky to get on the same block and not pushed off.

draconis99

Holy
Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
I think this skill sticks just like - as haxnn said himself - arrowstorm. One of the skills that needs to be removed or seriously nerfed as no skill should be able to one shot people.

And seeing as how haxnn is overly and obviously trying to abuse this fact, from repeated personal experience, by running on top of people just to one shot them, I can see why he is so defensive of the skill. I doubt it was ever intended to one shot people, therefore making it a flaw in design - aka a bug.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
I have said that I am fine with nerfing it. However I don't see why your insulting me because you don't like my classes skill. I'm not abusing anything, I am useing the skill in the best way I can.

draconis99

Holy
Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
So you're saying that people who were using skills "the best way they could" to get extra gold that wasnt intended - or people using auxillary plugins at "the best way they can" to gain unintentional coins - or people using MA's and other features "the best way they could" to get resources - or people who would abuse regions to gain access "the best way they could" is simply being smart? I'm sorry my friend, but using things for unintentional things to get a significant gain over other people is exploiting.

As it says in the rules on the wiki (2nd rule)
Intentionally abusing glitches or game mechanics.
I doubt that people intentionally meant for the mechanics of firewave to one shot people. Abusing that mechanic is an exploit and against the rule.

c12095

Holy Shit!
So you're saying that people who were using skills "the best way they could" to get extra gold that wasnt intended - or people using auxillary plugins at "the best way they can" to gain unintentional coins - or people using MA's and other features "the best way they could" to get resources - or people who would abuse regions to gain access "the best way they could" is simply being smart? I'm sorry my friend, but using things for unintentional things to get a significant gain over other people is exploiting.

I doubt that people intentionally meant for the mechanics of firewave to one shot people. Abusing that mechanic is an exploit and against the rule.

Pretty sure this is a bug report, if you have something personal to bring up, try the exploit section of the forums. We don't need to hear this shit on the forums too.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
As with Shock pre-nerf, we won't punish players for using a skill as it is coded. If it's really screwed up, it is removed from the game until the issue is fixed.

Also, as with anything here, debate the skill, not the players using it.

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5

In no way is it abusing glitches. Personally, I think it works fine. Geos are a squishy class, so normally they can't get up close. a ninja can almost 3 shot a geo.

Status
Not open for further replies.