• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Fireballs don't cook meat

Bedwyr2112

Legacy Supporter 9
It appears it may have been an oversight, but killing pigs, cows and chickens with fireballs no longer cooks meat.

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
Actually, I think this happens because the mobs die to the actual fireball damage as opposed to the fire ticks. However; I am not 100% sure.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
What Pew said, sometimes when you kill it with the initial fireball damage the fire ticks doesn't kick in, thus making the food drop as raw.
I say sometimes because this has been bugging out since Zeal, some patches fixes it, some patches reintroduces the bug(?).

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
This is true, they have to burn by the fireticks not the initial damage of the fireball.

Bedwyr2112

Legacy Supporter 9
Actually, I think this happens because the mobs die to the actual fireball damage as opposed to the fire ticks. However; I am not 100% sure.

Well it seems that it is happening far more often this map than last map. I would say last map that it would drop cooked meat for me about 90% of the time. But this map, I don't think it has ever dropped cooked meat and I spent about an hour last night kill animals in the wild and didn't have any cooked meat

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
I never saw this bug on Bastion. All passive mobs died on impact and all dropped cooked meat. I have never been given cooked meat on Haven.