• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Finally Tested Brewing

Main points of all of it, I wrote way to much so I condensed it all into the green. If you want to read the details I numbered them. Enjoy :) (sorry if it sounds like I'm ranting Im dead tired.)

1) Potion Use Cool down
SIMPLY PUT (just round about numbers would need more testing)

Health Poison instant potions - 1 minute cooldown
Resistance Swiftness duration potions - 5 minute cooldown
if any potion is used the cool down must be reached for it to be used again. Every potion will start the cool down for all kinds of potions.

2) Healing Potions/Splash 25-30 atm, suggest 15-20

3) Poison only effects Hearts not hero craft HP

4) Splash potions should effect everyone, partys shouldn't matter, helps prevent OP

5) Netherwart really hard to get now imagine when this goes live with 4 times as many people on.

Will take a while for people to get to nether, should be able to use potions before

There should be brew stands at spawn so blaze rods are still worth something. but people can still brew.

1) The main thing that is basically essential for potions to work is a global-potion-use-cool-down. I think this is what will put most people at easy of potion use. So alchemists and people who have potions can use them, but there will be 1-2 minute cool down before you can use another potion. This makes it so that healers are still so much better, but allows everyone to not be crippled without one.

For resistance potions and swiftness potions and basically ones with longer durations, I think the durations would have to change. Or have longer cool downs for those potions and shorter cool downs for instant or small duration potions. Or (this might be hard to code) a global cool down with specific cool downs for each potion type. So say you use potion of healing, you will have a cool down on all instant damage and healing potions for one minute. Then a cool down will start for resistance potions and swiftness potions lasting for 5 minutes or something like that. and if you use an instant potion while cool down on your swiftness is still going it will simply reset the cool down. If you use a swiftness potion the next time you can use another swiftness potion will be in 5 minutes where as you can use and instant health or dog one in 1 minute.

2) Healing potions (the most basic) heal for 25-30. It will full heal if its only hearts that are damaged and not my actual hp. Splash healing potion did around 25-30 as well. Thats a lot of Hp i think with the global cool down it would help but if possible I would lower the hp gained to 15-20. It still makes it worth the glistering melon and awkward potion but its not going to completely turn the tides of a battle.

3) Poison potions did exactly like the wiki said. Takes me down to half a heart and continues to run until it finishes. It doesn't effect hero craft hp obviously (but I can die if I get hit with half a heart with full hero craft hp) but if it did or was a way to do it, I would suggest doing maybe like 10-15 damage (thinking of using as splash potions). Its still pretty good damage but with a cool down timer they wouldn't be able to spam it.

4) Splash potions, I'm not sure how it is now, but I think that all splash potions should effect everyone. It shouldn't matter if you are in a party or not. If you are within the radius of a splash potion you should be effected. This makes you have to help heal partys after battles or potentially heal the enemy or when using splash potions run the risk of poisoning your team mates if you use it at the wrong time.

Swiftness potion, lasts 3 minutes with the most basic potion. its really cool. I'm not sure if its quite as fast as a bards but still faster then normal. So to prevent potions like this to be on perma the cool down would have to be large or the duration shortened.

5) Addressing the Netherwart Issue.
Alshemists have to have an ability that creates nether wart either by turning mushrooms or something else into it, or making it a cauldron recipe using wheat and rotten flesh or something (i have no idea).
My main point is, I think that the most basic ingredient shouldn't be the most difficult.

But as of right now its incredibly difficult to get nether wart. I have spent hours in the nether and I have only found 10 at the most and that was a 4 days ago. Right now I can pretty confidently say that there isn't nether wart in the nether right now. So taking that into consideration imagine when it goes live and when people can access the nether. At most on the test server there is around 30. Even with 30 people the nether is barren of all nether wart(from what I have seen). Imagine with a server cap of 120, think of how difficult it will be, with people x-raying and killing you for what you have gathered, it will be impossible. Kainzo has said that there really isn't a way to reset nether wart in the nether, apart from doing it by hand, and I'm not about to ask him or any admin to daily replant nether wart.

Also, Kainzo has said that in the beginning the only way to get to the nether will be from Necromancers. So during that entire time while necromancers are leveling up, alchemists will be without potions completely. I don't think its fair to completely deny a profession its ability to do its thing while we wait to gain access to the nether.

Which also brings up the problem with blaze rods. I think that there should be a chance of a lot of reward when going to the nether. Obviously because of the great risk. However I think that blaze rods or just brew stands should be available prior to access of the nether. Its the same concept as the nether wart and having to wait for the necros. I want to go alchemist when this goes live, but if I'm going to have to wait a while before I even have the chance to get into the nether, to get blaze rods (just to even have the opportunity to create potions) then that will suck. Hard core.

I think a simple solution of brew stands would be to have a little place at spawn with a couple of Brewstands. People would have to bring their ingredients to spawn to craft potions, there would be more risk getting there but it wouldn't make it impossible to craft them. This would want people to have their own brew stands in their towns or homes.

icarumba

Legacy Supporter 4
I have no experience with potions, but a healing potion doing 25-30 health does seem like a lot.

I agree about your netherwart idea, we need a better way of obtaining it so people can actually level it up.

On a side note, can other non-alchemists use the potions alchemists make? If not, I think they should be able to, that way alchemists can have a good money source selling their potions.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
I have no experience with potions, but a healing potion doing 25-30 health does seem like a lot.

I agree about your netherwart idea, we need a better way of obtaining it so people can actually level it up.

On a side note, can other non-alchemists use the potions alchemists make? If not, I think they should be able to, that way alchemists can have a good money source selling their potions.

I've read only Alchemists can use potions.

Me and Icarumba tested it last night and other people can use potions. It said only allowed for a master alchemist or something like that but he right clicked it a couple times and got it to work lol.

I think 2 really good solutions would be to make nether wart a cauldron recipe or have some sort of summoning or altering spell. and then to add a little room for Brewstands at dragongarde. They could only be moved by mods and stuff, so people would have to come back to spawn with all their ingredients to make potions. Then possibly give out brew stands for events or a really high wave in arena. Or even nether wart as one of the common drops in arena.

Let me know what you guys think. Would love to get some MOD insight on this topic.

Healing potions heal either 3 or 6 Minecraft hearts, in other words 30% or 60% of you total hero health. So pretty much it means if you can drink a tier II healing potions, you can tank like no other *cough* Pandaman7 *cough* and it defeats the purpose of a healer. seeing as 6 hearts in 1.6 seconds is much better than like 15 hero hp in 3 seconds

agentjwall

Godly
Let's hope the official mod API will have potions/enchanting in it. Mojang has already started working on it so it shouldn't be too long from now...