• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Feedback] What are your first impressions of the new world(s)?

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
Post the things you really like, the things that are okay, the things that you are unhappy with, what changes you would like to see implemented, and any concerns you may have.

Like:
PVP looks like it is revitalized;
Shifting between worlds is more fluent;
Logging in to where you last logged off is nice.

Okay:
The maps are okay: the ocean placement is much better; Sanctuary is missing jungle and mesa biomes; Aegis is missing ice.
The relics/codices are okay: although, I am awash in tier I-IV relics. I have pulled over 500 profession relics, and have only gotten *1* level V relic. Either I have crummy luck, or there is some trick to pulling relic V that I don't know of. Also, I am curious if silverfish are keyed to drop relics (0 relics after fighting about 50 silverfish).

Unhappy:
The removal of villagers caused me to die a little bit inside;
The weekly cost of a trade district shop is outrageous (same weekly cost as taxes for an entire town!);
Not being able to convert redstone/lapis/coal/gold/emerald/diamond blocks back into their individual parts is annoying & causes difficulties with storage/transport;
Lag seems to be as present as ever, including up to 10 second spike lags at times on Sanctuary. #banlag2014.

Changes:
Allow redstone, etc., block deconstruction to be a crafter skill;
Bring back villagers - we need the variety of items, and their absence doesn't seem to be making a difference with regard to lag;
Increase the Level V relic drop rate for professions equal or slightly less than Level IV relics.

Concerns:
In the absence of villager trading, I am concerned that PVP players will gain superior equipment v. their PVE counterparts, with such superior equipment being given as PVP rewards. I am hopeful that those who do not engage in PVE will not get left behind with regard to unique equipment quality and that there will be methods to allow for some sort of equity between the worlds in that regard.

-yav

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
like: having fun so far!

dislike: already getting some protection armor from mob drops, i know pvp vendors will hand it out soon too. die protection die...

Is there still a long term plan to replace vanilla enchants with attributes? or did that end up too problematic.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Like: Most changes
Okay: Relics, makes choosing classes more tactical but also makes stuff almost unecessary difficult just to play the class you want.
Dislike: Mob spawn rates, might just be me looking in the wrong places though.

Overall loving the new map and its changes, but I don't have too much experience yet since I've only played for 2 days.

SurvivalManZ

ICE ICE ICE!
Like: Getting to start from scratch and possibly undo the mistakes of my attribute builds.
Dislikes: I have died too many times from fatigue.

MichaelRL

Legacy Supporter 3
Like: Most changes
Okay: Relics, makes choosing classes more tactical but also makes stuff almost unecessary difficult just to play the class you want.
Dislike: Mob spawn rates, might just be me looking in the wrong places though.

Overall loving the new map and its changes, but I don't have too much experience yet since I've only played for 2 days.
I got a dope lvling spot mobs 4 days. You just got to find the right spot

Last edited:

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Post the things you really like, the things that are okay, the things that you are unhappy with, what changes you would like to see implemented, and any concerns you may have.

Like:
PVP looks like it is revitalized;
Shifting between worlds is more fluent;
Logging in to where you last logged off is nice.

Okay:
The maps are okay: the ocean placement is much better; Sanctuary is missing jungle and mesa biomes; Aegis is missing ice.
The relics/codices are okay: although, I am awash in tier I-IV relics. I have pulled over 500 profession relics, and have only gotten *1* level V relic. Either I have crummy luck, or there is some trick to pulling relic V that I don't know of. Also, I am curious if silverfish are keyed to drop relics (0 relics after fighting about 50 silverfish).

Unhappy:
The removal of villagers caused me to die a little bit inside;
The weekly cost of a trade district shop is outrageous (same weekly cost as taxes for an entire town!);
Not being able to convert redstone/lapis/coal/gold/emerald/diamond blocks back into their individual parts is annoying & causes difficulties with storage/transport;
Lag seems to be as present as ever, including up to 10 second spike lags at times on Sanctuary. #banlag2014.

Changes:
Allow redstone, etc., block deconstruction to be a crafter skill;
Bring back villagers - we need the variety of items, and their absence doesn't seem to be making a difference with regard to lag;
Increase the Level V relic drop rate for professions equal or slightly less than Level IV relics.

Concerns:
In the absence of villager trading, I am concerned that PVP players will gain superior equipment v. their PVE counterparts, with such superior equipment being given as PVP rewards. I am hopeful that those who do not engage in PVE will not get left behind with regard to unique equipment quality and that there will be methods to allow for some sort of equity between the worlds in that regard.

-yav
We've normalized the drop rate of profession 1-4's (I hope!) ... Relic V for profession should be seen about twice as much as it was..

Redstone and Coalblock deconstruction is now granted to CRAFTER.

steelbender19

Glowing Redstone
Like: Map, Biomes, PvE, Towns and Clans, UTHUR THEENGZZ
Okay: People tend to have a lot of HP and its easy to walk away from a fight
Dislike: Combat Class Relic Rate, Soul Drop Rate

Also, Yavool. I have good news, my town was able to find 2 villagers yesterday. They weren't all removed :)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Like: Map, Biomes, PvE, Towns and Clans, UTHUR THEENGZZ
Okay: People tend to have a lot of HP and its easy to walk away from a fight
Dislike: Combat Class Relic Rate, Soul Drop Rate

Also, Yavool. I have good news, my town was able to find 2 villagers yesterday. They weren't all removed :)
Unfortunately - in an attempt to restrict overpowered enchants / items - villager /trading/ has been axed.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
Like: New map! Woo! Great spawn architecture!

Dislike: No Mob Arenas, I still wish gold was currency :(

joeyjojo60

Soulsand
well its hard for farmers to make money. its hard for farmers to sell food because people dont really buy food. when you harvest crops, you can harvest a 100x100 farm of wheat and get 12 souls. maybe make it so that only farmers can harvest wheat (any other profession has no use for wheat because they can not make food) and make the soul drop rate more pleasee :(

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
well its hard for farmers to make money. its hard for farmers to sell food because people dont really buy food. when you harvest crops, you can harvest a 100x100 farm of wheat and get 12 souls. maybe make it so that only farmers can harvest wheat (any other profession has no use for wheat because they can not make food) and make the soul drop rate more pleasee :(
Making only farmers harvest wheat 'may' be doable...

Northac

Obsidian
-Separate PVE map, I'm not good at pvp so this lets me enjoy the herocraft experience without the need to be overly paranoid about it all.
-New map! (I can actually find resources!)

Dislikes:
-Killer lag zombies ( Saw earlier that Kainzo said this may be from the anti-DDos stuff, I can live with it since that protects the server)
-Relic drop rates (curse you RNG!!!) Have never seen a V....or any combat ones ( Just a personal annoyance, heard staff was all over the drop rates as it is)
-No dynamic map on the website (can we do two maps? pvp and pve)

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
like:
PVE and PVP maps seem to be used equally - more so than EVER before
Spawn looks nice
GUIs are cool

dislike
We are playing Minecraft
Kainzo should just make his own game
An original hardcore RPG - i'd play it

I stopped playing regular Minecraft years ago. Herocraft kept me going but it was because of everything it does that strays from Minecraft. It's really its own game in it's own right. Even when the beta ended I didn't bother with vanilla

alexhoff1

Gold
I like having a bunch of people I know back to the server.

I also like being back on the server.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
like:
PVE and PVP maps seem to be used equally - more so than EVER before
Spawn looks nice
GUIs are cool

dislike
We are playing Minecraft
Kainzo should just make his own game
An original hardcore RPG - i'd play it

I stopped playing regular Minecraft years ago. Herocraft kept me going but it was because of everything it does that strays from Minecraft. It's really its own game in it's own right. Even when the beta ended I didn't bother with vanilla
Need capital for a game... but I agree.. the goal is to make something to call our own :3

whitayy

Soulsand
Like:
The new Map
The idea of ships to get to places

Dislike:
Lag
The fact that only smiths can make armor