• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

February Notes

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Towny
- Update towny settings so that animals can killed in towny regions.
Quests
- You now receive SoulFuse in addition to Coins and EXP for completing T4+ Elite and Boss Quests.
- No longer need to complete quest 1 in the chain, Minions and Elites can now be accepted with no prereqs

Last edited:

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
Custom Crafting
-Lowered Stardust, Hellforged and Ethereal Armor and Weapons movement speed by 7% of total

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Rules Council has been active reviewing the Rules.

The first section, "General Server Rules", is now complete and has been added to the Rules - so everyone needs to go read them :)

Change log:

Mods
  • Added the prohibited/allowed mods lists to the Rules
  • Removed lighting mods from the prohibited list
  • Added TabbyChat, Inventory Tweaks, and Too Many Items to permitted items list
Exploiting etc
  • Expanded on block jumping/glitching
  • Expanded on "afk macroing"
PvP / Looting etc
  • The ban on chest dumping has been retained - with popular support - and moved from Griefing to Looting
  • Entering spawn combat-tagged and enticing unsuspecting players to hit you is prohibited
  • PvP-harassment has been added to the rules
  • Bounties can't be claimed on town or nation mates
  • Griefing rules are quite limited
Other
  • Rules on dark rooms, item naming and arrow barrage distance requirements have been deleted.
Thanks to the members of the @Rules Council for their active participation in the discussion.

@Moderators @Admins for your info.

Last edited:

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Rules Council has been active reviewing the Rules.

The first section is now complete and has been added to the Rules - so everyone needs to go read them :)

Change log:

Mods
  • Added the prohibited/allowed mods lists to the Rules
  • Removed lighting mods from the prohibited list
  • Added TabbyChat, Inventory Tweaks, and Too Many Items to permitted items list
Exploiting etc
  • Expanded on block jumping/glitching
  • Expanded on "afk macroing"
PvP / Looting etc
  • The ban on chest dumping has been retained - with popular support - and moved from Griefing to Looting
  • Entering spawn combat-tagged and enticing unsuspecting players to hit you is prohibited
  • PvP-harassment has been added to the rules
  • Bounties can't be claimed on town or nation mates
  • Griefing rules are quite limited
Other
  • Rules on dark rooms, item naming and arrow barrage distance requirements have been deleted.
Thanks to the members of the @Rules Council for their active participation in the discussion.

@Moderators @Admins for your info.
Does the enticing players into hitting you only apply in spawn? or in every pvp-off region? Also, you may want to expand a bit more on the "PvP harassment part" because as it stands killing the same player multiple times is pretty vague. Such as under this rule am I not allowed to kill someone multiple times when they come back for their deathchest, or other things like that.

Does the enticing players into hitting you only apply in spawn? or in every pvp-off region? Also, you may want to expand a bit more on the "PvP harassment part" because as it stands killing the same player multiple times is pretty vague. Such as under this rule am I not allowed to kill someone multiple times when they come back for their deathchest, or other things like that.
Both of these are explained thoroughly in the rules:

The rules clearly state enticing players to hit you while combat-tagged is prohibited in any area in which PvP is disabled.

The rules also do not state that it applies to killing someone multiple times. It applies to killing someone or hindering their building over the course of hours or days. Death chests last for minutes, so you are in the clear Traz.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Both of these are explained thoroughly in the rules:

The rules clearly state enticing players to hit you while combat-tagged is prohibited in any area in which PvP is disabled.

The rules also do not state that it applies to killing someone multiple times. It applies to killing someone or hindering their building over the course of hours or days. Death chests last for minutes, so you are in the clear Traz.
Not totally, because even then just going to raid a town once each day could be considered "harassment" under this new rule. I'm just saying that without a much clearer statement at least on this one, you will probably get people complaining constantly.

Not totally, because even then just going to raid a town once each day could be considered "harassment" under this new rule. I'm just saying that without a much clearer statement at least on this one, you will probably get people complaining constantly.
Unless you are continually raiding them for hours at a time it does not apply. A quick stop to kill a few members of a town would in no way be considered harassment unless they remain there. I do, however, somewhat understand where you are coming from.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Also, you may want to expand a bit more on the "PvP harassment part" because as it stands killing the same player multiple times is pretty vague. Such as under this rule am I not allowed to kill someone multiple times when they come back for their deathchest, or other things like that.
This rule is intended to address the situation where the interaction isn't just "pvp" but goes into the "too far" zone of harassment. It's an endeavour to put the brakes on a situation I've seen from time to time, sadly, where new players leave the server after a week or so because they are relentlessly under attack.

Some might say those that leave don't understand that it's a pvp server etc. I say that, being who I am, I talk to these people. More than once it has involved groups of 5 or so players that are leaving. For me they don't just disappear off the chat wall. I know why they've left. These situations cause short term satisfaction (?) to the players who do it, and long term harm to the server.

And it has a wider effect. When it's played out in chat, longer term players also get incensed and discouraged when they see nothing being done.

As such, the rule is one of those is that guides what play is considered appropriate on the server.

If you, or anyone, have better words to convey this intent, please do suggest them.

Enforcement will certainly depend to some degree on judgement of the senior staff member responding to the call. However, at its core, this situation depends on the judgement of the players who do it, eh.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Network
- Added /survival, /creative and other cmds to the back end of the network so players can always get to a server they want.