• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Feature war rule!!!

DanVonTrap

Legacy Supporter 3
So as i have noticed there currently is no official war rules, but when they are written i think this rule should be a must have, because as we know real war cost money, it cost money to keep a war running and the longer a war goes on the more money it cost, so this is what i suggest:

The declaring town/kingdom has to pay a war fee to the server that 1st fee gives them a 5-7 day war slot after those 5-7 days if they wish to continue they have to pay for another 5-7 days but it will cost more the price increase i will leave to who ever writes up the official rules

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
Like you alluded to, the issue with things like a "war tax" right now is that there really isn't a bonus for declaring war at the moment, or a penalty for not declaring it. If we began levying taxes for war right now, one could simply not declare war but start attacking anyway. When FFA/WAR map opens up, I imagine that we'll have a meeting open to donors and politicians to outline the rules of engagement, not unlike the Hague Conventions. The ideas, such as the cost of opening and maintaining hostilities, can be fleshed out there.

DanVonTrap

Legacy Supporter 3
maybe a price system implemented for killing somebody in the war so say a regular soldier 100c but a mayor is 500c something along those lines. To log these kills that i do not know that is something the developers would have to come up with.

DanVonTrap

Legacy Supporter 3
So i thought about this more and i thought of a way the war dec ing faction can make coin not only do they earn coin per kill and kill type they also get coin on the loot they get from the corps so like the server has a DHX we could have something like a war DHX were loot can be handed in for coin, I took this idea from an mmo i used to plat called"Eve Online" and basically when a faction declared war they had to pay an upkeep like the one i described and what they did was every ship they killed they salvaged and turned it in for isk (coin) and that coin is used to fund the war further. Just an idea and a pretty gd idea i think :icon_biggrin:

DanVonTrap

Legacy Supporter 3
Who you calling a boy this is a game, you haven't got a clue about war your just a BOY. This is supposed to be fun if you take this to serious you are a sad person and clearly have no life, so keep your sarcastic comments to yourself.

DanVonTrap said:
Who you calling a boy this is a game, you haven't got a clue about war your just a BOY. This is supposed to be fun if you take this to serious you are a sad person and clearly have no life, so keep your sarcastic comments to yourself.

Heh its funny because you think i take it seriously.

weynard

Legacy Supporter 8
It's true war needs some regulations... since you can't kill people in towns declaring war is, in the end, useless because people can just hide inside their rings and use Herogates to avoid the enemy.

I say, the Herogates of warring towns and those of towns being warred upon must be deactivated.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We're trying to revamp these policies - its not 100%.

Theres varying forces at play here.
-Protection/regions
-Townships/pvp off
-Griefing policies
-Not everyone wants to PVP

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Being that war either leads for:
a) People camping other people outside rings sounds a lot like what bargraphics did....
or
b) lots of talk or people building walls that just destroy the map and look of the surrounding land

whch presents to product
a) the war is called off by who killed the other the most
b) the war canceled because both parties couldn't afford to continue camping eachother
c) an ugly base of operations made outside the townships in the war taht are et until the map is reset or rolled back etc.
or
d) one of the townships falling because of a huge wall that is built to stop people from entering or leaving etc. blah blah blah place previous nato results here blah blah blah.

That is my view of the current war situation of what can happen/ does happen.