• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Favorite Texture/Resource Packs.

_DELETED_10000

Legacy Supporter 3
EDIT:

Okay, I know I'm kinda necroing but it's the same topic~ish and it's my thread so nyah.

I have almost completely refined my mashup of mostly Conquest and Halcyon.

I really need help with the entities though. I've got default cows and sheep, and mostly default enemies.

I also need a better glowstone, and any fancy carpet or art that really sticks out, especially items that are 2x1. Possibly trap doors, iron bars, iron ore, redstone blocks, and ...I think that's it.

If you've ever seen those blocks and they've popped out at ya in any texture pack, please let me know.

The texture pack is, I believe, 32x and also keep in mind that it is along the Conquest lines (meaning sort of dark, gritty, and lots of fine details) and it NOT a cartoony or 'realistic' pack.

Also, if anyone has a tip on this... I grabbed the mycellium from Wolfhound Fairy, I believe, and while it will show in my hand as the updated block with the sides and all, when I place it, it loses the art on all 4 ...side sides while retaining the top-side art.

Thanks for any replies.

END EDIT.

So, I'm just playing around and want to fiddle with some different resource/texture packs. They don't necessarily have to be the best for the Herocraft world or anything.

I figured I'd ask the community what their favorites were.

None of that link and done stuff. It'd be cool if people would post a screenshot featuring why they love the texture pack. Even if it's just the best dirt texture ever.

No shaders!

One of my favorite texture packs is from the Xbox 360 version, Steampunk.

ZRGVSW3.png

I know that looks like poop but I had to take a picture of a picture to get it on here. I love the way leaves, grass, and trees look in the Steampunk texture pack. Great for building very specific towns/worlds, but not so much for general gameplay imo.

Last edited:

spiralz

Obsidian
I like Painterly pack. At the website, you choose from a list for each texture which one you want to use, so my pickiness is mostly satisfied.
I like the shades of gray used for stone blocks over the default, and the shade of green for the grass.

xYchnpF.png

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
I always like sam's faithful, and sphax because they are nice and simple

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
R3d.Craft has always been my favorite. I like it for building, and know what things will generally look like in default. High Def Default res pack with default realism and smooth realism.

4ny.png

2014-12-09_13.jpg

Last edited:

_DELETED_10000

Legacy Supporter 3
Ooooh, the customizableness of the Painterly sounds cool. I like the stone bricks there.

And I've looked into R3D before, but all I could find was a really fancy website with no download link. lol Gonna go poke it again.

Last edited:

Mischevity

Legacy Supporter 8
I like to use dokucraft dark with Cardboardkings texture pack
I like cards pack cause it's like an HDish version of the default and makes fire not get in my way of sight, and I like dokucraft dark's style and all.

_DELETED_10000

Legacy Supporter 3
Alright, I've poked all of those and about 40 others, and I hate them all. lol

No, I mean, there are parts of some of them I like, but more that I don't like. I can't stand that fo-reality junk, but I also don't like the overly cartoonish stuff. It's fun to play around with, but to play with every day...headaches. x.x

So I wanted to see what shaders would do, but I can't get them to work. Tried it on a single player instance through MultiMC and it hates me.

So now I'm mashing different texture packs together to make something I like. It's slow... No one has non-ugly animals.

Last edited:

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
Finally optimized my settings, I increased the view distance and fps tremendously. I was actually able to move around this time. Take Two
Had a few shots of the sewers, underwater bar, and cathedral. We had a pretty big network of catacombs, sewers, and a thieves guild beneath the ground level as well. We also built passages running across the entire region, an expansive city vault, and a massive undercity.

_DELETED_10000

Legacy Supporter 3
Finally optimized my settings, I increased the view distance and fps tremendously. I was actually able to move around this time. Take Two
Had a few shots of the sewers, underwater bar, and cathedral. We had a pretty big network of catacombs, sewers, and a thieves guild beneath the ground level as well. We also built passages running across the entire region, an expansive city vault, and a massive undercity.

I LOVE how everything looks lit up. (Except the lawn torches. >.>)

Was that all built by hand?

As for my progress, after opening up literally every non-realism/photo texture pack from 5 different sites, I've decided on a Conquest/Halcyon Days mash-up. I really like the core of both texture packs, so I think I'll use them interchangeably.

Yesterday was catalog day, today is mashy day. Going to be sticking in parts of EpicCraft (water, lava), Atherys Ascended (obsidian, cows, more), Ayrithias (possibly clouds, stained glass/clay), maybe JohnSmith water, kriscrash (ore, ore blocks, plants), Werian (water, cactus, soul sand, bricks, mossy cobble), Arestian's Dawn (gear/weapons, font), Chivalry pigs (omg muddy pigs so cuuute), Doomcraft reticle, a steampunk sponge, possible Good Morning Craft cows (but they may be too cute for Conquest/Halcyon), MarvelousCraft text, Willpack entities, Wolfbound Classic Medieval entities, and Wolfbound Fairy sugarcane, wheat, enchanting table, and sand.

...yeah, das a lot of stuff.

Also, something I just realized...the blocks I want to replace in Halcyon are different than Conquest, so I might have to do that all over again...and I still didn't find a glowstone...or better chests...ahh shh, I'll just deal with what I have. <.<

...and then if I feel like playing on my non-HC creative, I also have BoP, Forestry, and 12 other mods to retexture...

It's so hard to just...get what I want. lol

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter
My favorite these days is ChromaHills. At first looks cartoonish, but once you get in the game, I no longer notice it. My other favorite is VonDoomCraft.