• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Farmer should be able to use diamond sword

_Maxo

Legacy Supporter 3
Farmer should be able to use a looting sword to slay their own animals. Why should I have to go ninja or paladin or runeblade to feel like an effective farmer. Of course the diamond sword shouldn't do a rediculous amount of damage, but enough to kill animals.

Plum__

TNT
@Kainzo

My farming friend is always complaining that he needs me to kill his cows... I want him to be able to farm and get mats himself, without needing me around

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Actually, I'm not so keen on this change. One thing I perversely liked about Farmer was having to interact with other players and ask them to do slays for me, until I finally changed to a combat class myself that meant I could use an AoE with a looting sword in hand.

In fact I'd like to see more things driving interactions and reliances between the combat classes and the professions.

Last edited:

downfall325

Legacy Supporter 6
To give a profession the ability to use a diamond sword is ludicrous and goes against the profession/class divide line imo.. suck it up precious wooden swords or bust.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Suggestion;

+Give skill to farmer that acts as looting I or looting II
+Long CD (15 mins), warmup (15 seconds), regent (1 emerald), duration (1 min)
+Level 35 unlock

Thoughts;

Farmers shouldn't be given the perk of having the ability of using diamond swords as that aspect should only rely on their chosen path (Combat class) rather than their profession. There are items available that have looting I (looting I or looting II, not 100% sure) on sale from the NPCs at trade district (there are; swords, hoes, shovels and axes).

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Suggestion;

+Give skill to farmer that acts as looting I or looting II
+Long CD (15 mins), warmup (15 seconds), regent (1 emerald), duration (1 min)
+Level 35 unlock

Thoughts;

Farmers shouldn't be given the perk of having the ability of using diamond swords as that aspect should only rely on their chosen path (Combat class) rather than their profession. There are items available that have looting I (looting I or looting II, not 100% sure) on sale from the NPCs at trade district (there are; swords, hoes, shovels and axes).
Items at spawn with looting:
Looting 2 Iron Sword (Costs 128 Symbols of Acquisition)

That's it.
Everything else is either Fortune or Silk Touch (Or combat tools)

Also: looting 1 & 2 are hardly worth it especially if they are on a tool with high sharpness and unbreaking.
The words could LITERALLY do 10 damage MAX, and farmers would be ok with it. That or allows Axes to get Looting on them. Then at least they can use those. Trying to grind for a Looting 3 wooden sword can be a pain (RNG gods are evil) and relying on other to do it is also a pain (They have to be on, they have be able to USE a sword). I'm lucky that Bards can still use swords, otherwise I'd have to ask my townmates to kill my cows for me.

I see nothing wrong with giving Farmers either Diamond Sword usage (And have it deal maybe 10 damage max, that's lower than most classes wooden sword base, hell it might BE lower than them all) or a skill that acts like herbalism or Logging or Fishing. They're farmers. They should know how to make a cow go the extra mile.

Long story short, farmers need an overhaul, and I wish these ideas were looked at and responded to.
@Balance Team (You have to balance Profs too, right?)
@LiterallyAnyStaffMemberPleaseLetUsKnowIfAnyOfTheFarmerChangedMightBeAThing

Plum__

TNT
To give a profession the ability to use a diamond sword is ludicrous and goes against the profession/class divide line imo.. suck it up precious wooden swords or bust.
You have clearly never played farmer before, why don't you give it a shot, try finding a wooden looting III Sword. I'm sure there are millions of them out there!

downfall325

Legacy Supporter 6
You have clearly never played farmer before, why don't you give it a shot, try finding a wooden looting III Sword. I'm sure there are millions of them out there!

Actually i have, currently lets be honest farming is broken as fuck you can make more souls farming than mining.. looting III swords are pretttty common anyone that saw xmjays personal plot last map knows all about dem looting swords. Every week people cry about farmer when in reality compared to other professions IE rune smith it's in a REALLY good place just goes to prove the fact no matter what changes the server makes people are always gonna have something to cry about.

Check-mate

Plum__

TNT
Actually i have, currently lets be honest farming is broken as fuck you can make more souls farming than mining.. looting III swords are pretttty common anyone that saw xmjays personal plot last map knows all about dem looting swords. Every week people cry about farmer when in reality compared to other professions IE rune smith it's in a REALLY good place just goes to prove the fact no matter what changes the server makes people are always gonna have something to cry about.

Check-mate
Looting III swords that farmers can use? Haven't seen a single one get put up in trade chat...

This isn't a discussion about how farmer is better than other profs, its a discussion on why it should use a diamond sword, keep the useless profession runesmith out of this. (there really is no point in that profession, ports to spawn are much cheaper than runestones.... Make your own thread if you wanna discuss that shit though)

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
I definitely think a proposal to give Farmer diamond swords needs to be considered in terms of balance, in terms of how it positions the profession against other professions, in terms of how it starts encroaching on combat abilities.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
If you wanna use dia swords be a rb ninja pally Sammy or bard. Simple as that, looting swords are annoying but they work just as well.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
I'm going to have to agree with beans on this one, give them wooden swords max. If players really are that keen on becoming the best farmer they should choose a class that uses swords apposed to other tools. On a side note, last time I checked blocking with any type of sword reduces damage taken after armor reduction by 50%. Eg; if I were to get hit for 100 damage while wearing armor, if I were blocking when I was hit the damage I would take would be reduced to 50.

MajDeath

Portal
Sounds like looting hoes need to be a thing.... also, if you don't want to as a farmer be dependent on another, THEN WHY DO YOU WANT LOOTING ENCHANTS SO BAD!?

Edit: If memory serves my right killing a mob with abilities while holding your looting sword gives the loot effect while saving your weapons durability.

Last edited: