• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Farmer Seed Planting Skill

joeyjojo60

Soulsand
I, as a master farmer have a problem with being a MASTER FARMER and still having to plant 300+ seeds by hand. I have built a master farm because the only way you could possibly master farmer is by building a gigantic ridiculous farm. so, thats what i did. the problem I have now, is that Now I have this huge farm, but now in order to farm it, I have to Plant every seed in one by one. now dont get me wrong i have no problems harvesting, but when it comes to planting, its really a pain in the grass that i have to plant so much stuff back into the ground. there are really not many advantages to being a farmer when it comes to plants.

Therefore, I propose a new skill

/skill Replant
Level:55
MP: 70
Cool Down: 10 sec
Raegents: The seeds, that you want to plant. Ex. if you have pumpkin seeds, you will plant those pumpkin seeds . Etc
Effect: You Replant your seeds in a 9x9 radius expanding from where you are standing. ( Seeds only plants on dirt)

Last edited:

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
XD
This wasn the Intention of the skill..... it was supposed to be a druid healing circle type skill

Joey_Beans

Legacy Supporter 9
That's an ok idea, but I think rather than have a skill that plants whatever seed you have in a radius around you, I would like to see a skill that when active, any plant you harvest would be automatically replanted (provided you have the necessary seeds in your inventory). This would of course only apply to things that require replanting (nether wart, wheat, carrots, potatoes, trees, cocoa, and the bottom blocks of catus/canes) as it wouldn't be needed for melons or pumkins, or cactus/canes if you leave the bottom blocks.

jan9f

Legacy Supporter 3
@Joey_Beans In response to the part you said of "....and the bottom blocks of cactus/canes...," just don't break the bottom and you never have to replant.

Joey_Beans

Legacy Supporter 9
@Joey_Beans In response to the part you said of "....and the bottom blocks of cactus/canes...," just don't break the bottom and you never have to replant.
Yeah in know that part. This is more of an issue with efficient exp gains rather than an easier time farming. If I'm only after the crop yield, I would bust the middle blocks, get the top two as drops, and let the bottoms stay to re-grow. But as a farmer, and trying to gain exp from harvesting, I have found that with cane (and cactus) you only get the exp for the blocks you break, breaking the 2nd block up means you don't get the exp for the upper block (since you didn't technically break it yourself, it broke due to a game mechanic). And leaving the bottom block means you're missing out on exp. This has lead me to the point where when farming cane or cactus, I break the upper blocks, then the lower blocks, then the bottom blocks, and re-plant so I get as much exp as I can per harvest. If cane/cactus was covered by this auto-replant skill, I could break the upper blocks, then the middle blocks, then activate the skill and break the lower blocks and they would be replanted from my inventory. Which would get me 3x the exp than if I just went in and harvested it the "normal" way of harvesting it, without the need to re-plant it manually.