• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Farmer Needs an Update.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
With the recent 1.8 changes/bugs/updates/whatever they are. Farmer really needs some changes.

Right now:
Leather is in high demand. Good!
Cows/Other animals randomly despawn. Bad.
Leveling is arguably one of the worst grinds to do (Punching wheat is less fun than mobs). Bad.
Anyone can bread. Probably a bug but still: Bad.
Random un-needed skills block the way to the useful ones (Summon Cat and Bat? Really? At least Squid can be farmed for ink)

There have been a large amount of suggestions and proposed idea to Farmer in the past. My personal favorites being:

http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/farmer-farming-problems.53993/
Or
http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/farm-bill-subsidize-the-farmer-2014.50570/

The main problem with farmer is that it relies too heavily on Leather and the occasional animal spawn for money. Sheep are the 2nd most needed animal for wool, but the rest are hardly used.

Read those 2 thread.

My current suggestion is to follow the suggestions put forward earlier: Faster replant skill, better drop rates (Maybe. Could be horrific can make too much money), better incentive to spawn other animals (Making farmer only one to get meat drops, making rotten flesh not a food source, Making Bread, Steak, Cooked Potatoes better than the rest, things of the like), or generally finding a way to improve the farmer experience.

*Further edits will go here*

List of ideas:
Faster Replanting
Making Farmer the main/only source of food (Remove Rotten Flesh, give Farmers a passive skills that can double meat drops)
Regent-Removal
Cooldown-Reduction
2 Mob Minimum

All passive mobs can be spawned (Can all be given some kind of drop?)
-Add in rabbit spawning
-Add Wolf (Ranger instead?) spawning (Wolves currently aren't really that viable in PvP due to low HP, low Damage, and AoE's)
-Give summonbat & summoncat a purpose aside from trolling

Last edited:

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
*Summon Wabbit*

In the case of the summons in general:
  • Remove Regent
  • Reduce Cooldown
  • Guarantee that at least 2 mobs are spawned
Honestly. This alone would be amazing. Would guarantee you could spawn any mob, and be able to start breeding. And do it efficiently and quickly.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Looting 3 hoes plz
Enchantable hoes in general plz.
But really.
Farmer could get some kind of Passive Passive-Mob Only Looting effect.
Butchering: "When slaughtering (Cows, Chickens, Pigs, or Sheep) Animals you naturally know how to cut them better. You have a 80-90% (Stupidly High I know, especially if paired with looting) of tripling the drops from mobs"

Tripling sounds bad but remember, 0 can be chosen, then tripled and still be 0.

But breeding is only one of farmers issues.

Warmachinexp

Legacy Supporter 3
If anyone can breed then the only plus to being a farmer is that you can summon them

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Well he can also craft various foods and crops that other profs can't such as melon and pumpkin seeds and bread and mushroom soup.
Hardly worth it. Carrots and Potatoes are 1000 time easier than anything and anyone can use them.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Currently it seems some skills are bugged. I'm posting here since A: I want this bumped B: The bug is actually a beneficial one and one I think should be made a feature.

Currently, MooShrooms don't require a mushroom and sheep can be spawned with any wool (They only eat white wool, any other wool stays in your inv)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Currently it seems some skills are bugged. I'm posting here since A: I want this bumped B: The bug is actually a beneficial one and one I think should be made a feature.

Currently, MooShrooms don't require a mushroom and sheep can be spawned with any wool (They only eat white wool, any other wool stays in your inv)
@mung3r

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Please do one of these things. I've seen too many farmer suggestion posts go 100% ignored and never looked at. Farmer (And professions in general) I feel get ignored, I actually feel most suggestions are ignored but that's not the point.

Farmer needs something. Right now it's just a class that does nothing but summon cows all day.
(The Economy WANTS farmers. No farmers = no cows. No cows = no leather. No leather = less money flow. Also PvP, classes that rely on it wouldn't have it.)

Make farmer desirable and not be the literal worst grind ever.