• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Factions Spawn

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
What do you want to see out of it?

Global Market
Exchange

Anything else?

@Architects
I was going to re-use overflow's simple spawn, but we really need one that supports a little more.

Release is a week away (if things arent ready we can push things back but I'd rather not)

Last edited:

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3

Global Market
Exchange

Anything else?
Will the architects be building it? Wouldn't mind doing the job with others.

At the spawn;
  • Red wool perimeter indicating where pvp is turned on (I can do this)

Lordofon

Glowing Redstone
i'd like to see some cool art dood, not pixel art stuff or giant letters but maybe a statue of me, kainzo, surely you understand how cool that would be

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Want to toss in that if one is being built, some colored block (wool, clay, glass etc.) would be nice as then between the (theoretically scheduled) resets you can just switch out the colors to indicate that it's different.

GodOfGales

Legacy Supporter 4
Because it's factions, maybe admin shops? Would make it simpler to obtain things than Survival and go straight into PvP, though I know global market does the same things, in this case it could be taken out when the economy is stable but up for a bit to get things going.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Add some items like TNT, and some ores to exchange maybe? Items should be fairly easy to come by just to encourage the pvp as it will be all items drop on death.

Kenneth_Chow

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
I think the removal of global market and mailbox are needed to allow for the use of chest shops which can be a vital part of a community

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3

Global Market
Exchange

Anything else?

@Architects
I was going to re-use overflow's simple spawn, but we really need one that supports a little more.

Release is a week away (if things arent ready we can push things back but I'd rather not)
I got the weekend I'll build mad

Aryios

Senior Architect
Architect
Honestly I think just an exchange would do just well.
I have a question though what will the currency be Souls or the classic gold standard? I think having gold would make a lot of people here happy. Also it might be easier on the new players instead of having souls for the currency.

Also regarding making things easier for new players I think classes should be limited to 5 - 6 skills. The new players won't have macros at first so they will probably use skill binding. Maybe have some classes that have more skills but are difficult to play.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Honestly I think just an exchange would do just well.
I have a question though what will the currency be Souls or the classic gold standard? I think having gold would make a lot of people here happy. Also it might be easier on the new players instead of having souls for the currency.

Also regarding making things easier for new players I think classes should be limited to 5 - 6 skills. The new players won't have macros at first so they will probably use skill binding. Maybe have some classes that have more skills but are difficult to play.
We already narrowed down Warrior/Rogue to 8 and Caster/Healer to 10, so that should somewhat help.

Leo2596

Legacy Supporter 7
How will the nether be acessed? By skill or by building a nether portal? Also will we be able to acess the end for them dank ender pearls?

I'll admit it looks pretty sweet, but it's a bit much on the RPG side for the factions server, and our spawn is perfectly functional for the server's purposes right now, so why spend money on a new one?