• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion EXP Boost Timer

Scycor

Legacy Supporter 3
Forgive me if someone else has already posted a suggestion on this, but I checked the last 10 pages and didn't find a single thread about this. Honestly, I'm surprised no one else has made a thread yet, but it's been brought up so many times in chat.

This is a pretty simple suggestion, all I'm asking is that maybe you could add a command to see how long is left of an EXP boost or maybe show how long is left on the /motd command - Just someway to let us know how long we have left before the EXP boost is over, sometimes it can get a little annoying waiting the whole day cycle just to find out it turned off before night came. <3

I'm most certainly not the first to ask this, but I guess no one else decided to make a suggestion on the forums! :)

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Forgive me if someone else has already posted a suggestion on this, but I checked the last 10 pages and didn't find a single thread about this. Honestly, I'm surprised no one else has made a thread yet, but it's been brought up so many times in chat.

This is a pretty simple suggestion, all I'm asking is that maybe you could add a command to see how long is left of an EXP boost or maybe show how long is left on the /motd command - Just someway to let us know how long we have left before the EXP boost is over, sometimes it can get a little annoying waiting the whole day cycle just to find out it turned off before night came. <3

I'm most certainly not the first to ask this, but I guess no one else decided to make a suggestion on the forums! :)
I agree it would be nice to have this, but you could just break a dirt block and see if you get more than 0.1 EXP. Or if you're close enough to a log, break that, and see if you get more than 1 EXP. I use logs to check how much % the EXP boost is on as well, as I just time it with 100 :p

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
This could be done simply by changing the login message from
<player name> has bought a 100% exp boost!
to
<player name> has bought a 100% exp boost at <time stamp>

This way when you login you will see when the boost started and you can do the maths yourself

FrozenAshes_

Legacy Supporter 3
You are a Wise one, young Scycor. With great Ideas indeed. You have my vote. This is a BEAST idea!