• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Events?

tacoman1111

Stone
I've seen some videos of past Herocraft where there were cool server events. (Mainly the one event where portals appear around Zeal and you have to defend Zeal from the monsters coming out of the portals.) I think the server should do more events like these because they would make the server cooler and it would give players a more enjoyable experience. My event ideas are ; Spleefing, Mega Build Day, Double XP Day, Night of the Dead (Super Long night with increased monster spawn rates.) Just some ideas, post your own ideas for events! I'm not sure if some of these events are even possible, but it would be awesome if they could happen. :D

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Events are reliant on the Admins not being nose-deep in shit to do, haha. I agree, though, having someway to develop an event schedule would be fun, and spread them out to not be just at Zeal.

Loremasters being able to spawn mobs for events?

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
As soon as the Carnival opens we will be hosting events every weekend ranging from speed builds to spleef to PvP tournies. Admin led events are random, but usually occur weekend nights.

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
Events are reliant on the Admins not being nose-deep in shit to do, haha. I agree, though, having someway to develop an event schedule would be fun, and spread them out to not be just at Zeal.

Loremasters being able to spawn mobs for events?
To expand on this, I think someone like mods (Or loremasters) Should be granted temporary Zo status in order to do events, or be given some other class upgrade that can spawn mobs but not have all the perks of a Zo ( a more safe alternative). This way events wouldn't rely solely on admins.

That's one flaw in the current staff system. Too much rely and admins and founders. Responsibilities need to be distributed evenly

@Kainzo @Apherdite @Seratt @Brutalacerate

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We are literally knee-deep in shit right now. I have spent almost every waking moment fixing something for 1.0

Heroes is almost at a manageable level and HeroTitles - is working as intended (with a few tweaks to come)

It is pure awesome.

We have no desire to grant ZO or any other god ability status to non-staff/admin, unless it was for a short period and quickly taken away :p

Apherdite

Queen Bee
I've been busy with my final... singular, and my sister's wedding... it was glorious by the way. But I don't intend to play games for the next year - after I beat Skyrim. I'm going to be taking 18 hours the next two semesters and 12 hours over the summer, no time. Perhaps we can work something out in the future though.

weynard

Legacy Supporter 8
To expand on this, I think someone like mods (Or loremasters) Should be granted temporary Zo status in order to do events, or be given some other class upgrade that can spawn mobs but not have all the perks of a Zo ( a more safe alternative). This way events wouldn't rely solely on admins.

That's one flaw in the current staff system. Too much rely and admins and founders. Responsibilities need to be distributed evenly

I agree on granting loremasters temporary zo-like permissions. As I understand it, these aren't merely going to be the random mob spawns like usual but carefully planned roleplaying events that extend the server lore.

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
We are literally knee-deep in shit right now. I have spent almost every waking moment fixing something for 1.0

Heroes is almost at a manageable level and HeroTitles - is working as intended (with a few tweaks to come)

It is pure awesome.

We have no desire to grant ZO or any other god ability status to non-staff/admin, unless it was for a short period and quickly taken away :p

Well...

To expand on this, I think someone like mods (Or loremasters) Should be granted Temporary Zo status in order to do events, or be given some other class upgrade that can spawn mobs but not have all the perks of a Zo ( a more safe alternative). This way events wouldn't rely solely on admins.

I don't think anyone should just be granted Zo status, I think they should get it for the durration of the event only and only if they've earned/deserved it

weynard

Legacy Supporter 8
Hmm, maybe there needs to be more player-driven events. Alexandria is planning on building an arena at some point so maybe we can hold weekly tourneys :p

You see, tournaments are nice and all, but literally every public server has that (and by the way, we also do). How I understand it, we're currently discussing RP events and how to improve them and make them suitable for Herocraft's members who, in the past, have... let's say... rather neglected RP altogether or only used it when it suited their needs best, just to forget about it completely before a week had passed. That 'bout right?

tacoman1111

Stone
You see, tournaments are nice and all, but literally every public server has that (and by the way, we also do). How I understand it, we're currently discussing RP events and how to improve them and make them suitable for Herocraft's members who, in the past, have... let's say... rather neglected RP altogether or only used it when it suited their needs best, just to forget about it completely before a week had passed. That 'bout right?
I agree, HC needs something unique that other servers dont have, like RP. I mean if we're going to have any events, we might a well make them a new, fun experience. If we want HC to become #1, we need RP and such.