• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT [EVENT] BATTLEDOME 5v5 - *HULK SMASH*

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
Yeah i dont really like these new buff spells... the duration to reagent cost is kinda crappy to the point where they basically become a tournament only thing, where they are very strong, but generally not enough incentive to use them in world pvp as exists right now on haven. Will see with conquest i suppose.

I love support it is what i generally prefer to play. I think in a "balanced" world, every 5v5 team would need at least one support to stand any chance, and two would probably be recommended. But when 3-4 or even 5 becomes the norm, i think balance team should evaluate if some of these support abilities are just stacking too well, IMO specifically aoe healing and buffs / debuffs. I personally think the range on some of them is the biggest problem - i personally dont like the single targetting heal system we have and understand why we need aoe type heals, but think it would be more interesting with more "skillshot" types (think holywater, fireblast, almost all pyromancer skills if they were reprogrammed as heals, etc) with reduced radius vs big ol' pbaoe effects with up to 8-12 block radius like now.

I know @Delfofthebla thought this was a major issue in big fights as well but he has lost the passion for playing dorky games and making cool skills for us T_T.

I think team comps were more support heavy in part because it's a more stable strategy. If you think you're the better pvpers, it's better to have a strategy that rewards longer fights, and can't be picked off as easily. You can pick away at the opposing team and know that as long as you disrupt their revives, you'll win the fight. Bloodmage in our team comp was for the buff and damage, not really for its heals. Paladin was in our team comp because it's super tanky, and generally insanely strong in drawn out fights (esp. divine stun)
Btw, I don't really think of disciple as support, more disruption and damage to counter supports with warmups. It happens to have some incidental heals, but that's not the reason you pick it.

Overall I'd say our team comp had 2 "support" members, but was designed for longer fights, with disruption and a lot of incidental heals. We switched out the wizard for most fights to combat teams that focused around revives and heals as their strategy to win long fights. Wizard runs out of mana at some point in the fight and becomes pretty useless in long fights.

If you wanted a team comp that was more aggressively oriented, I could see cleric, pally, bard, berserker, (pyro?) working. Or something similar to that. It just feels higher variance, because if the healing oriented teams can kite you for long enough, you'll start losing. It's hard to justify not playing pally for the damage + tank + stun or cleric for the free 150HP per player, invuln and heals.

Though maybe you'd want to swap out cleric for druid and really hammer home the physical beats. It's just so hard to justify not adding 150 HP to each player, and I don't think you'd want 2 hard support healers in the same comp.

Last edited: