• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT [EVENT] BATTLEDOME 5v5 - *HULK SMASH*

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
I thought the 3v3 tournaments were a little more interesting because it didnt feel like you needed to stack support and aoe as strongly as this one... course with conquest objectives coming up, maybe the better idea would be to adjust how aoe, and especially healing aoe support is handled in some ways.

I vote for significantly reduced radius on many aoe effects but making more of them like holy water (or wizard fireblast spell, but aoe) so you can direct them at locations rather than the vast majority emanating as pbaoe from the caster.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
@Eldrylars
What was with the Cleric Sword? I know you couldn't melee with all the healing you were doing (and a hoe would have been a better melee weapon), so was it just RP?

If so, Love It!!

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
I thought the 3v3 tournaments were a little more interesting because it didnt feel like you needed to stack support and aoe as strongly as this one... course with conquest objectives coming up, maybe the better idea would be to adjust how aoe, and especially healing aoe support is handled in some ways.

I vote for significantly reduced radius on many aoe effects but making more of them like holy water (or wizard fireblast spell, but aoe) so you can direct them at locations rather than the vast majority emanating as pbaoe from the caster.
I only disagreed because I think 5v5 is more interesting. 5v5 requires more skill, planning, and execution. Our team comp worked beautifully, but we spent time devising it and strategies for each team. I 100% agree on the making more AoE's skillshots.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
I only disagreed because I think 5v5 is more interesting. 5v5 requires more skill, planning, and execution. Our team comp worked beautifully, but we spent time devising it and strategies for each team. I 100% agree on the making more AoE's skillshots.

Its cool, you guys had a great team and played really well together. I was just trying to make the point that i am a little worried about how fun conquest pvp is gonna be in big groups with how large the radius is on some of the aoe abilities and how powerful they can be as group sizes increase. Once you add protection armor on top of it... god i hope they take protection armor out before conquest >>.

Until some things change balance wise, i expect that no team will win without being very support heavy in 5v5 and conquest. I think the most competitive 5v5 teams will take at least three of five from: paladin, bard, cleric, disciple, bloodmage. that only leaves one or two spots for the other classes, which IMO means balance is off somewhere.

But if you guys wanna make some crazy team next time that takes none of those classes just to prove me wrong that would be cool ;).

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
Its cool, you guys had a great team and played really well together. I was just trying to make the point that i am a little worried about how fun conquest pvp is gonna be in big groups with how large the radius is on some of the aoe abilities and how powerful they can be as group sizes increase. Once you add protection armor on top of it... god i hope they take protection armor out before conquest >>.

Until some things change balance wise, i expect that no team will win without being very support heavy in 5v5 and conquest. I think the most competitive 5v5 teams will take at least three of five from: paladin, bard, cleric, disciple, bloodmage. that only leaves one or two spots for the other classes, which IMO means balance is off somewhere.

But if you guys wanna make some crazy team next time that takes none of those classes just to prove me wrong that would be cool ;).
4 ninjas and a ranger, ill make it happen

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8

I agree with 5v5s necessitating support classes (at least it gives some of the underused support classes some time to shine, i.e. cleric, not saying pally is underused).

However I don't think that will be the case in conquest. The difference is that you can just run away in conquest, or stand at range. Also though I don't know what the conquest points will look like, I don't think they'll be as wide open as the arena is. Heavy support classes like cleric are only super strong in fight to the death situations where neither side can get away. Otherwise while it will be good in holding points, you can just run away from them.

5v5s are very organized and both sides have time to prep and put buffs up, whereas rogue classes and burst classes thrive in those in the moment ambushes that are typical of world pvp. You don't get a free 150 HP, you don't get free int and wisdom because that costs money and you don't know if/when someone will try to contest you, don't go crying for a fair fight. That said I don't think it will be too similar to normal world pvp where you chase people until they die either. You're incentivised to set up around a point, and though mobility is important, it's not the end all be all it tends to be now.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
I agree with 5v5s necessitating support classes (at least it gives some of the underused support classes some time to shine, i.e. cleric, not saying pally is underused).

However I don't think that will be the case in conquest. The difference is that you can just run away in conquest, or stand at range. Also though I don't know what the conquest points will look like, I don't think they'll be as wide open as the arena is. Heavy support classes like cleric are only super strong in fight to the death situations where neither side can get away. Otherwise while it will be good in holding points, you can just run away from them.

5v5s are very organized and both sides have time to prep and put buffs up, whereas rogue classes and burst classes thrive in those in the moment ambushes that are typical of world pvp. You don't get a free 150 HP, you don't get free int and wisdom because that costs money and you don't know if/when someone will try to contest you, don't go crying for a fair fight. That said I don't think it will be too similar to normal world pvp where you chase people until they die either. You're incentivised to set up around a point, and though mobility is important, it's not the end all be all it tends to be now.

Yeah i dont really like these new buff spells... the duration to reagent cost is kinda crappy to the point where they basically become a tournament only thing, where they are very strong, but generally not enough incentive to use them in world pvp as exists right now on haven. Will see with conquest i suppose.

I love support it is what i generally prefer to play. I think in a "balanced" world, every 5v5 team would need at least one support to stand any chance, and two would probably be recommended. But when 3-4 or even 5 becomes the norm, i think balance team should evaluate if some of these support abilities are just stacking too well, IMO specifically aoe healing and buffs / debuffs. I personally think the range on some of them is the biggest problem - i personally dont like the single targetting heal system we have and understand why we need aoe type heals, but think it would be more interesting with more "skillshot" types (think holywater, fireblast, almost all pyromancer skills if they were reprogrammed as heals, etc) with reduced radius vs big ol' pbaoe effects with up to 8-12 block radius like now.

I know @Delfofthebla thought this was a major issue in big fights as well but he has lost the passion for playing dorky games and making cool skills for us T_T.