• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

EVE- Dust 514

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
http://www.dust514.com/

Anybody else tripping balls over this?
I'm downloading the beta now :D
remote_vehicle_repair.jpg

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Played EVE once. Didn't really enjoy it, very overwhelming.

I heard about this a while ago, but thought it was going to be something different. I remember something about it being linked with your EVE online account?

But in all seriousness, this is Planet Side.

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
But planet side doesn't allow orbital strikes from EVE :p

I haven't gotten to play it yet because my internet downloads at .24 mbps -_-

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
The cross platform features aren't implemented yet, as it's still in beta, but sometimes a dev on EVE flies by and does a couple orbital strikes on a match :D

A thing I love is how customizable your kits can be. It took a while to get used to though

Cylf

Wood
Just becareful about talking about specs out of the dust514 forums. CCP is big on keeping things hush hushed.. If your in the beta read the forums. I personally think it's very promising. And it/planetside are VERY different. If you don't like how it feels; just keep checking back; every patch if feels like a different game.

WilMorris

Dirt
I'm in the beta in the beta and played it and it's very good. I really can't wait to see how connected the EVE/Dust games get. I have a hope it's more the just the battlefield but hearing nothing probably means not.

[For the people who haven't played it]
'Planetside 2' gives you a hugely massive world and let you do what ever. With 'Dust 514' the maps are still very big but simply not the same size. In 'Dust' you can customize yourself and your kits quite deeply already and it's just in beta. You can tank-it-up with armor or sit on the furthest hill and snipe. You can uses tanks, technical's, flyers. With the big last thing of having cross connection to EVE pilots in 'EVE'.
Oh yeah, PS3 exclusive too. (I can help but think that annoys people.)

I know I'm free to say the stuff I said 'cos it's in all of the advertising material being pushed now. It's going into Open Beta tomorrow people not playing. [http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/21388/dust-514-moves-into-open-beta-on-22nd-january] Everyone can have their chance to join a good free-to-play shooter with a nice community.
(Just don't forget about HeroCraft ;))

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
The cross platform features aren't implemented yet, as it's still in beta, but sometimes a dev on EVE flies by and does a couple orbital strikes on a match :D

A thing I love is how customizable your kits can be. It took a while to get used to though
It's now liked with Sisi (Eve's live test server)

Goonswarm

Legacy Supporter 5
Where I came from, 3 accounts, tens of millions in SP, and yet it's all old to me. Good times were had when I played, but I doubt I would return.