• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Eteocles's Loooooong Whitelist Application

Eteocles

Wood
Be forewarned, this is a reasonably long post. I have appended a TLDR version.

0. Introduction, Preamble

Good evening! Given the well-grounded and regulated nature of this establishment, I suppose it was inexorable that I would foray into Herocraft to indulge an underlying, intrinsic curiosity.

I have been warned that innumerable laconic entries for Whitelist Applications have been spurned for a want of effort, intricacy, artistic design, and sheer intellect. As such, to statistically augment the overall probability of my application being accepted, I have resolved to contrive an application most pleonastic and verbose.

1. Name

My Minecraft IGN is Eteocles, a moniker inherited from the king of Thebes, the son of Oedipus, and the fraternal sibling of Polynices of Sophocles's celebrated tragedies. The label, Eteocles, follows my open-ended, self-contrived nomenclature of adopting names of classic Roman and Greek characters/figures. As a completely unnecessary yet highly stimulating linguistic tidbit, the name derives from the earlier "Ἐτεϝοκλέϝες", which literally translates to "truly glorious." (Wikipedia, much?) By no means does this name-choice reflect any hubristic or Platonic self-conception; my decision to adopt this moniker stemmed from my mercurial and spontaneous nature and that I had read Sophocles's Antigone the year prior.

2. Age and Location (lol, ASL much..)

As for my location.. forgive me for refusing to disclose my precise location. The very truth is, I myself do not know my exact position. The very nature of quantum mechanics suggests that my existence is merely the expression of various probability density functions. I could also argue from a philosophical standpoint: what defines me? Quis sum? What defines location? Quid locus est? Permit me to allude to Plato's allegory of the cave— in which all of humanity simply resides in the cave, complacent, fed an array of images which we consider truth, or observation. Empirically, I could suppose that my current location is in the contrived borders of California, yet I can not make this statement with as much certainty as the Heisenberg principle might allow if I knew nothing of my momentum.

With regards to my age— for simplicity's sake I will stick to the Gregorian calendar. I am much too lazy to convert using the Mayan calendar system. I currently am of 16 Earth years, or ~26 Venusian years... assuming my calculations are reasonably correct.

3. Former Bans

I acknowledge that I have been "banned" from a few small servers for trivial reasons, excluding being overly pedantic. Rest assured, my assumed, current tone remains solely for the scope of this application. Bserver.

4. Referrals

As I mentioned above, Joshtsai has kindly referred me to this server. I also am an acquaintance of Aetosion, who I believe to be quite the active and industrious participant of this institution. That is all for this section.

5. Have you voted for HC?

Yes, I have voted as of 11:01:07 PM PST.

6. Do you agree to the Herocraft EULA & ToS?

Yes. I see no purpose in addressing every individual element as delineated in the EULA and ToS, but if it is deemed necessary, I shall not hesitate to detail my comprehension of the contents of the agreement with the utmost celerity.

7. Reason I should be accepted:

20p229s.png

7.5. The Real Reason(s) I should be accepted:

Allow me to present my case.

I adjure the server admins/faculty with necessary jurisdiction for accepting Whitelist Applications to receive me into the server on suitable grounds:
  • I am not an idiot. As much as I can discern, I am fully capable of contriving relatively coherent sentences with great flourish.
  • I am thoroughly, earnestly interested in learning more about the Herocraft server and examining its design, functions, underlying enterprises, and structure.
  • I sustain that I am a sufficiently respectable, knowledgeable, and polite individual with great tact.
  • I intend to play quite actively on the Herocraft server if it suits me well.
With these terse statements I rest my case.

8. Special Key: HCE8. What a nifty hash function you have there. Too bad that the collision count skyrockets with large data sets. However, I suspect that the design of the "Special Key's" requirement is solely to assay the applicant's overall comprehensive faculties...and patience, not serve as an underlying hashing algorithm. :notch:

9. Additional Info:

Rising Senior in High School (College Apps... fml...)
Dancer, Singer, Programmer [C++, Java], Biochemistry Freak, Latinist, Gamer
Interested in Premed.
Admin on ChilldyMCS (Chilldy's Minecraft Server).

I've done my fair share of building, too.

Conclusion.. or not. TLDR Application

If the prior app appears too pedantic and somewhat condescending, let me refer you to the following application, which is far more reasonable.

I. Name - IGN: Eteocles, Real Name: JT

II. Age and Location : I am 16 years old and currently live in California, US.

III. Former Bans

I will be frank; it is marginally possible that I have been banned from a Minecraft server in the past. However, I bear no recollection of the incident, and therefore will be unable to justify anything. I have checked my MCBans and have not found any recorded incident; the fact I am an admin on a largely active, populated Minecraft Server should suggest that I am an honorable, respectable individual. :)

IV. Referrals : As aforementioned, Joshtsai recommended that I join this server.

V. Have you voted for HeroCraft?

Yes. Nothing really more I can say here.

VI. Do you agree to the Herocraft EULA & TOC?

Yes, I do. I have read through the rules and necessary agreements, and will do so once more as to affirm that I understand the established rules.

VII. Why should you be accepted?

In this case, I'd have to refer you to the list I wrote above. That sums it up pretty well.

VIII. Special Key : HCE8

IX. Additional Info : Read above.

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
Reviewing

Not often we get an applicant that spends a few hours looking up words in a thesaurus. Pretty amusing read.

Anyways, everything looks good. Welcome to Herocraft, please check your inbox.

Eteocles

Wood
Thank you!

Haha, I'll be honest, I didn't need to use the thesaurus much. I've been fortunate enough to have an excellent education, and Latin certainly helps >.>

It was amusing for me to write; I'm glad it served as a source of much entertainment to you.

I'm glad to be a part of the server!