• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug EpicWorldGenerator Trees

Piptendo

The Trade Prince
Staff member
Max Legacy Supporter
Alright, this is something I've been meaning to address all map.

These trees brought on by this "EpicWorldGenerator" plugin that Kainzo or whoever used to generate the map are the most toxic aspect of town management. One single oak sapling, depending on the biome, can create a monstrous five-block-in-diameter spruce behemoth that griefs/replaces the dirt it grows on for at least five blocks underground with these roots.

I suppose the plugin is passively affecting the server, and not simply used for generation to begin with, because every single time one plants a sapling (no matter what type), it grows into this: https://puu.sh/thcqE/d1e0b6ff96.png (pic featured with remnants of a tree, and four others.)

My report is that under no circumstances should this be okay. I've had a town member plant trees all over town (@AeonOfMagix) without any knowledge that trees of this magnitude would be created in place of these saplings. We've all played Minecraft for years and years, we expect a six-block tall oak tree, when we plant an oak sapling. Not this enormous waste of time to cut down, that leaves those with more important tasks assigned to tend to their mistakes (which even then, is not their fault, because nowhere is it advertised that trees would grow like this).

If this isn't a proper "bug" to report, I ask this be moved to the Suggestions subforum. Otherwise I humbly request that trees function as they would in vanilla, because causing so much wasted effort because of a lack of communication to the player base is absurd.

Sorry for the hostility/anger, this is the third "tree infestation" we've had due to nothing being hinted at of trees ever doing this. I'm tired of it.

LudoVico_

Gold
If there are anyone with the skill Overgrowth you can get the vanilla trees,
but i know how tedious these giant tentacle tress are. I stopped using bone meal because of the spawn chance.

MysticMight

Coder
Architect
I like the idea of the trees, however when I'd rather get a birch type tree when planting a birch sapling.