• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion environment kills on players/mobs

0ysterb0y

Legacy Supporter 3
okay so this has been a problem for awhile and it should be changed.
so ive been pvping and people have jumped off of high places or ill kill them with fire tick and it will say fire killed them or stupid stuff like people will run into mobs to die and its really annoying.
or
when leveling you kill a mob with fire tick or they die because you knocked them off of a small cliff and die you dont get the kill and its really annoying to have wasted arrows, mana or durability on it not to get a kill

i think we should add in some type of mod that makes it so the last person to combat tag the person/mob will get the kill on him/her/it if he/she/it dies.

koen31

TNT
I think its strange how your fire ticks on mobs will give you the XP but fire ticks on people will not give you the kill.

0ysterb0y

Legacy Supporter 3
I think its strange how your fire ticks on mobs will give you the XP but fire ticks on people will not give you the kill.
i get the kill now with fire ticks? did this just happen because i used explosion arrow a few days ago and i didnt get the kill

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
I agree. I'd probably be at least a level or two higher if i had all the exp gravity stole from me...

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
Would be really nice for pvp, and nice for pve, but for pve i kind of worry that lava bucket madness would become a really fast way to level lol. And this coming from someone that loves lava buckets >>. But maybe there could be a code-around for that specific damage source.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I believe in 1.7 minecraft itself will recognizes PvP/Environment deaths. Lets say you're fighting someone, and they jump off a cliff. Currently It just says "minimike96 has learned to fly. Briefly" (Or whatever else they choose to die from)
My understanding is that 1.7 will change that to "Minimike96 has take a leap of faith while fighting Kainzo"
Crediting kainzo for being involved with my death. Fire deaths would become "minimike96 was burned alive while fighting kainzo"
As far a i tested, this would work for all forms of death not counting /kill or the Void. But since the end is disabled and /kill is the dumbest way to escape PvP due to higher xp loss, it shouldnt be a problem. I dont know if Heroes will be able to credit people with the new system, but it would most likely help them along the way.
Of course i could be entirely wrong in every way as i know nothing about mc coding.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
I believe in 1.7 minecraft itself will recognizes PvP/Environment deaths. Lets say you're fighting someone, and they jump off a cliff. Currently It just says "minimike96 has learned to fly. Briefly" (Or whatever else they choose to die from)
My understanding is that 1.7 will change that to "Minimike96 has take a leap of faith while fighting Kainzo"
Crediting kainzo for being involved with my death. Fire deaths would become "minimike96 was burned alive while fighting kainzo"
As far a i tested, this would work for all forms of death not counting /kill or the Void. But since the end is disabled and /kill is the dumbest way to escape PvP due to higher xp loss, it shouldnt be a problem. I dont know if Heroes will be able to credit people with the new system, but it would most likely help them along the way.
Of course i could be entirely wrong in every way as i know nothing about mc coding.

Already exists in vanilla IIRC, not sure why it's not on HC (probably balancing, lack of time and the combat timer)

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
/kill is the dumbest way to escape PvP due to higher xp loss, it shouldnt be a problem
The loss isn't high enough to discourage this. People who have been max lvl for a while will have 65 and a full exp bar so they can afford to lose quite a bit before they de-level, and all they'll have to do to get it back is kill mobs occasionally when raiding (which will happen anyway).

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
It sounds to me people just want their PvP score to go up... It still gives the same loot so who cares how they die?