• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Engrave non-weapon/armor items

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
Apparently it is possible to rename any item in vanilla minecraft yet in herocraft we can only engrave weapons and armor. As a disciple this makes me :(

I don't see much of a problem allowing other items to be renamed as well as weapons/armor.

andrew2060

Retired Staff
Consider it done.
And yes, I can confirm it is possible to set item names for any item, not just those with durability (although obviously its more simple in the latter case)

Roadkill909

ICE ICE ICE!
andrew2060 Kainzo I'm working on a skill idea currently, but an unlimited Engrave will wreck it. I'd suggest limiting Engrave solely to class weapons (blaze rod, fish, stick, etc). Otherwise you will limit us creatively in the future.

kongrave

Portal
Eye of eternity weapon
Heh, if I remember correctly Diffuse seems to really like that weapon actually.

andrew2060 Kainzo I'm working on a skill idea currently, but an unlimited Engrave will wreck it. I'd suggest limiting Engrave solely to class weapons (blaze rod, fish, stick, etc). Otherwise you will limit us creatively in the future.
Aww I wanted to rename my mob eggs to pokemons :(

Roadkill909

ICE ICE ICE!
Heh, if I remember correctly Diffuse seems to really like that weapon actually.

Aww I wanted to rename my mob eggs to pokemons :(

That's kind of what I'm talking about. Renaming mobs and inventories could be split into separate skills for farmer or Mason. Also here's another example of what I'm talking about:

You could create three skills called PoisonFood, ChemicalTest, and Obscure for say Alchemists.
PoisonFood would add change the name of the food and it would appear as "Poisoned <Name>". For example Poisoned beef. The alchemist could then use Obscure and the name would appear as normal, but would add an unseen data value to the beef. They could then place the beef in someones chest. Someone would eat the beef and be poisoned, which would be quite the surprise in combat.
When gathering food, alchemists could then use Chemical Test on food to check if it is poisoned.

This is just an example. Not sure if it would work well, or be balanced well, but it's just to illustrate the potential applications of items with names. If we do not limit Engrave before release, we effectively limit ourselves for new features, since already existing named items could cause conflictions or issues.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I agree with roadkill909, we're going to add Blazerod / Fish / Sticks to the Engravable items and leave out the rest for skills and other things ;)