• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Engineers and Craftbook

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
So I just specced Engineer and I was reading through the wiki to learn more about the class and what I can do, however I was a bit confused because I saw almost none of what is in the tutorial listed there. I can only hazard a guess that the IC's listed are what are used to make the devices in the tutorial, however how it is done eludes me at this point. Additionally when looking through the CraftBook wiki/site it listed a whole host of additional things that you can do with this plug in. Are the only things that we have enabled in game the ones list on the HC wiki? How restricted are we in the use of circuits? Will additional CraftBook mechanisms be enabled at a later date?

Any help from an experienced MC Engineer is greatly appreciated!

JacobBurkey

Portal
So I just specced Engineer and I was reading through the wiki to learn more about the class and what I can do, however I was a bit confused because I saw almost none of what is in the tutorial listed there. I can only hazard a guess that the IC's listed are what are used to make the devices in the tutorial, however how it is done eludes me at this point. Additionally when looking through the CraftBook wiki/site it listed a whole host of additional things that you can do with this plug in. Are the only things that we have enabled in game the ones list on the HC wiki? How restricted are we in the use of circuits? Will additional CraftBook mechanisms be enabled at a later date?

Any help from an experienced MC Engineer is greatly appreciated!
All of the ICs listed on the HC wiki are in game listed under engineer already. If you go to where all the ICs are listed, you can click on one of them to open a page that explains how to use it. In-game you can also create the IC and then right click on the sign for information about the IC. The tutorial gives just a glimpse into what some of the classes have, so no everything engineer has is not in the tutorial.

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
@JacobBurkey I've looked through the IC's listed an perhaps it is my ignorance of their uses, but I didn't understand what all those IC's were good for. Also, what about the various mechanisms listed under the CraftBook website that are not included in the wiki? Are they enabled in game or are they out of order?

Paul_Bakken

Obsidian
Some of the mechanisms are unlocked at higher levels, e.g., the "artisan" skills.

The only ICs that can be placed are those listed in the wiki in the Engineer section. Sort of.

Some of the ICs do not have the permissions enabled yet, others are just flat out derped. It would be nice to get these squared away, since some of the more desirable ICs are not functional at the moment.

I'm planning to test out and report on all the ICs some time soon. Just need to hide from the people who keep killing me! :)

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
ICs and redstone in general can be hideously complicated, but essentially ICs are signs used to create more complex redstone machines in less space.
For example a flip flop circuit can be used to make a button act like a lever (push the button and receive continuous redstone signal until you push it again) and you can build one in about a 4x1 area.
Or I could just make an IC that functions as a flip flop in a 1x1 area

There is a lot more to them than that but explaining everything would take an entire thread

Northac

Obsidian
What Ahrall said about the explanation is true but you also have the old mason skills (lifts and such) to think about as well. Not just ICs

JacobBurkey

Portal
@JacobBurkey I've looked through the IC's listed an perhaps it is my ignorance of their uses, but I didn't understand what all those IC's were good for. Also, what about the various mechanisms listed under the CraftBook website that are not included in the wiki? Are they enabled in game or are they out of order?
I've looked through the IC's listed an perhaps it is my ignorance of their uses, but I didn't understand what all those IC's were good for.
You have to have a basic understanding of redstone circuits to know what the IC's do. The IC's simply make it, like Ahrall said, compress down a big contraption into a single sign. You can look up on google what some of these circuits do, but like I said, on the wiki if you click on an individual IC it will bring you to a page that tells you what the IC does.
Also, what about the various mechanisms listed under the CraftBook website that are not included in the wiki? Are they enabled in game or are they out of order?
All of the IC's listed on the CraftBook website are not on Herocraft. Only the IC's Kainzo or whatever dev created the engineer class put the IC's they wanted on the class.

Paul_Bakken

Obsidian
The thing is, though, that the Craftbook ICs were originally composed many Minecraft versions ago. Accordingly, some of the IC functions are actually incorporated into the vanilla game, and using the IC is less efficient.

For example, redstone repeaters. Repeater ICs are NOT more compact than the vanilla repeater! Using the IC requires a 1x3 set up. The vanilla repeater takes up only 1x1.

Also, daylight sensors. They exist in vanilla now and are a 1x1device, instead of 1x3.

For the complex mechanisms, however, ICs are helpful and much more compact. One example would be the marquee switch, which is supposed to sequentially toggle between three outputs upon a high level input. The IC version, including the traces for input and outputs, takes up roughly 3x3. Making the same switching device with vanilla components is much larger.