• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Engineer Help

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
Hello, I am a new Engineer that wants to know more about how some of the skills work. Can a higher level engineer help explain skills and how they work?

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
I'm also available to answer any questions you have- I'd imagine most of them are regarding ICs.

The basic format of an IC is that on the second line of a sign, you write [MC####] where #### denotes the IC you want to write. For certain circuits, it takes additional input (such as transmitter/receiver) on the third and/or fourth lines (In that particular case, on the third line, it takes a network name as input.)

Here's basically what it looks like- sign on front of a block, and on the opposite side, a lever is placed.

0I1O.png

Some signs take outside input, such as the logic gates- and they usually have to be placed in a certain way. For visual depictions of this and more information regarding ICs, please check out http://www.djgemo.de/IC-Wiki/all_ics.html to check out each individual IC (don't worry about what's on the sign in the pictures, ignore that.)

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask, or send me a /tell in game.

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
have you checked the wiki?
http://hc.to/wiki - search for engineer.
I did that, but I still don't understand some things. For instance, do you have to use the Craftbook repeaters instead of regular repeaters? Does the Random Bit IC just output a random length of redstone signal? Do regular redstone contraptions, such as complicated combination locks and piston doors, even work?

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
I did that, but I still don't understand some things. For instance, do you have to use the Craftbook repeaters instead of regular repeaters? Does the Random Bit IC just output a random length of redstone signal? Do regular redstone contraptions, such as complicated combination locks and piston doors, even work?

Your questions answered, in this order:

The falsebook repeater does NOT replace to regular minecraft repeater- they will both repeat a signal, but without the falsebook delayer, the falsebook IC will not automatically delay the circuit you're given.

The random bit IC depends on which IC you're using. The self triggered model will select state, on or off, every server "tick", so one minute it's on, the next it might be off, or it might be on- it's random, you see. The non-self triggered version requires a clock input (that's a whole other issue, if you have any questions regarding that.)

Regular redstone contraptions will work- though, the more complex the contraption the more lag it may induce, so we might ask you to dismantle it, if it requires too much from the server. Piston doors however are simple, easy, and I've already built like four of them.

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
Your questions answered, in this order:

The falsebook repeater does NOT replace to regular minecraft repeater- they will both repeat a signal, but without the falsebook delayer, the falsebook IC will not automatically delay the circuit you're given.

The random bit IC depends on which IC you're using. The self triggered model will select state, on or off, every server "tick", so one minute it's on, the next it might be off, or it might be on- it's random, you see. The non-self triggered version requires a clock input (that's a whole other issue, if you have any questions regarding that.)

Regular redstone contraptions will work- though, the more complex the contraption the more lag it may induce, so we might ask you to dismantle it, if it requires too much from the server. Piston doors however are simple, easy, and I've already built like four of them.
These were just examples, but thanks! I may need to get with you in-game for some other stuff, though.