• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Eng.Skill] Power-up!

What do you think of /skill power?

• This is a bad idea.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
With the state that IC's are in at the moment, Engineers could use some love. I'd like to get some discussion going about that so I'll start by throwing out a crazy suggestion:

/Skill Power

The Engineer uses his knowledge of redstone to provide a temporary burst of power to a block.

Reagent cost: x Redstone dust OR x Redstone torch OR x Mana OR ...

Effect: Powers the target (block, circuit, door etc.) for x seconds.

Possible uses may seem quite dull (ie. testing oyur own circuits etc.) but I can at least htink of one good use: Being able to open Iron doors / activate traps etc. in regioned zones. This would effectively make Engineers quite useful on raids as they can open closed doors for their companions etc. This can also be balanced out by adding an appropriate Cooldown time.

So what do y'all think? Would this be useful at all or overpowered or what?

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I think that would make for a very cool hostile-situation Crafter skill. Now, Kainzo has stated his intention to get rid of Crafters as a path and instead put their abilities to use with a sort of sub-class system. Which is just something I'd keep in mind for Crafter suggestions.

As for cooldown and such, I would suggest a 3-4 minute cooldown, a cost of 1 redstone and 50% mana, and a duration of 5 seconds. The duration has upsides and downsides- If somebody is chasing you in unfriendly territory, they'll probably have time to follow you through the door, but you could also fit whole squads through instead of one or two people.