• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Enchanters 4.0

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
I think instead of creating skills that would be used in combat it could make just fun/untility skills. Like Jump, blink, port (maybe group teleport), fade, smoke, quicken, etc. Skills that won't be much help in a fight but would help you gte around or just be fun to use. Or the books could be consumed when used.

EDIT: I think in my last four posts people have posted while I was typeing...

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I'd take it a little further (you don't say?).

Allow battle spells to be used in this manner but give each book a limited (although multiple) number of uses like weapon durability, and let the damage and cooldown of these skills change depending on your level and class. 100% non-magical classes would be the weakest at using these while hybrids like Paladins and Disciples are better at it. Spellcasters could use them at standard power, or maybe more than that. Some skills would have to be non-enchantable, or just produce very few uses per book. I'm thinking about LayHands or Hellgate, for example.

The staff could also have unique, bizarre skills as prizes this way, like Sanctum's dungeons all over again. Summon Villager, Kamikaze, Nether Cloak?

RagingDragon5

Portal
I'd take it a little further (you don't say?).

Allow battle spells to be used in this manner but give each book a limited (although multiple) number of uses like weapon durability, and let the damage and cooldown of these skills change depending on your level and class. 100% non-magical classes would be the weakest at using these while hybrids like Paladins and Disciples are better at it. Spellcasters could use them at standard power, or maybe more than that. Some skills would have to be non-enchantable, or just produce very few uses per book. I'm thinking about LayHands or Hellgate, for example.

The staff could also have unique, bizarre skills as prizes this way, like Sanctum's dungeons all over again. Summon Villager, Kamikaze, Nether Cloak?

I like this idea. However, I believe the books still should be a one time use

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
they have literally two skills, enchant and disenchant, and many enchants cant even be made. Enchanters definitely need another skill.

That said, this suggestion is not anything new and its not really codeable, but right idea.
Is better than merchant last map. :D

Yes we could sell everything but you guys could sell your own stuff so we never got any stock so like 40% of our shops were made redundant :p

Oh and our 55 skills was the most useless heap known to man.

maybe a skill can be chestshop. Like farmers can sell food/plants maybe enchanters can sell enchanted items? It would be unlocked at lvl 55.

rfgordan

ICE ICE ICE!
@Danda when was chestshops for enchanters added? I remember asking for that and I'm pretty sure Kainzo told me it was impossible.

F

Falker57

Naw it shouldnt be because you have to add a code into the end I think enchanters can actually do that... or should. I do not really like this whole idea though...

Joka10

Soulsand
I have a different idea... I'm not sure if it would work or not, but here goes.

So over the summer, I got the new Kid Icarus game. One of its features is a really robust weapon-fusing system. You take two weapons, select "Fuse", and you get a new weapon. The buffs on the weapons change a bit depending on how you mix them, and there are so many different types of buffs that the possibilities are seemingly infinite.

So, what if enchanters could fuse enchantments? It would be a little different from the game (well a lot different). They could only fuse items that were the same (i.e. diamond sword to diamond sword). The durability of the fused items would average out. The enchantments on the merged item would have a chance to either stack or to fuse into a completely different enchantment. Fusion would also cost various reagents/money and maybe levels. It would also have a chance to fail.

You'd have to balance it so that it would be really hard to make super-weapons, but this would make enchanters able to do a lot more. Currently, enchantment is basically like vanilla enchantment (except less costly). This could add a whole other level to it. I don't know how feasible this is, but I think it could be a cool feature.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
@Danda when was chestshops for enchanters added? I remember asking for that and I'm pretty sure Kainzo told me it was impossible.
No you just need to give the sword/armor shops and you can do it.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
I have a different idea... I'm not sure if it would work or not, but here goes.

So over the summer, I got the new Kid Icarus game. One of its features is a really robust weapon-fusing system. You take two weapons, select "Fuse", and you get a new weapon. The buffs on the weapons change a bit depending on how you mix them, and there are so many different types of buffs that the possibilities are seemingly infinite.

So, what if enchanters could fuse enchantments? It would be a little different from the game (well a lot different). They could only fuse items that were the same (i.e. diamond sword to diamond sword). The durability of the fused items would average out. The enchantments on the merged item would have a chance to either stack or to fuse into a completely different enchantment. Fusion would also cost various reagents/money and maybe levels. It would also have a chance to fail.

You'd have to balance it so that it would be really hard to make super-weapons, but this would make enchanters able to do a lot more. Currently, enchantment is basically like vanilla enchantment (except less costly). This could add a whole other level to it. I don't know how feasible this is, but I think it could be a cool feature.
this is a great idea