• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Enchanters 4.0

RagingDragon5

Portal
With 4.0 coming out I'm thinking enchanters can get a new skill to improve on the profession.

Bind skill
  • This skill would be able to enchant a book and quill into a random skill.
  • It would have a very high cooldown (maybe 15 min.) because we don't want it overpowered
  • To enchant the skill you would need a book and quill, and be a max lvl enchanter.
  • You would get a random skill for enchanting
  • The enchanting would take double the exp of regular enchanting of weapons
  • To actually use the book players must have certain items in their inventory with the book
  • After the skill has been casted the book disappears
  • The book and quill name would be the name of the skill
  • Redstone would always be one of the requirements to cast the skill
  • Some skills wouldn't be enchantable
  • There would be a warmup time
  • To activate it you right click the book in your hand
  • The stronger the skill the more materials you need to activate
EX:
  • Jump: Needs 5 redstone, 5 feathers, and 5 slime
  • Heal: Needs 5 redstone, 5 paper, 3 bread
  • Root; Needs 5 redstone, 5 leaves, and 5 wood

rfgordan

ICE ICE ICE!
Don't enchanters already have enough?
they have literally two skills, enchant and disenchant, and many enchants cant even be made. Enchanters definitely need another skill.

That said, this suggestion is not anything new and its not really codeable, but right idea.

MixxiM

TNT
I agree that enchanters need another skill for after 30, it just makes sense. However, this idea may be a bit OP. As @EtKEnn said, imagine a ninja with HarmTouch lol.

Perhaps a skill that would allow you to store an enchantment on a book and quill, than apply it to another item later. It would cost more in some way, either in the form of more exp, a reagent, or both. It would act as a specific, portable enchanting table.

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
[DOUBLEPOST=1346439952,1346439835][/DOUBLEPOST]
I agree that enchanters need another skill for after 30, it just makes sense. However, this idea may be a bit OP. As @EtKEnn said, imagine a ninja with HarmTouch lol.

Perhaps a skill that would allow you to store an enchantment on a book and quill, than apply it to another item later. It would cost more in some way, either in the form of more exp, a reagent, or both. It would act as a specific, portable enchanting table.

Ninja with constrict and harm touch would just destroy people!!

Maybe when you disenchant an item the enchant gets stored in a book and quil but to then re apply it the cost should be double the EXP cost. If they don't add this the enchanter's need to gain exp from disenchanting other wise there is no reason to discentchant apart from the materials cost as when i was respecing from enchanter i decided to spend all my exp on enchanting picks, i just enchanted picks and kept what enchants i got as their was no reason to disenchant them. I had plenty of diamonds so the materials cost just wasn't applied.

RagingDragon5

Portal
That'
It's not all about the skills being OP its just the fact that some class - skill combinations will be really OP.
That's why the high cooldown. I agree with you certain combinations would be op. If there is a high cooldown it wouldn't be too bad. The cooldown could even be 4 hours or so

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
I thought they fixed that

Anyway good luck reloging in combat.....[DOUBLEPOST=1346448818,1346448723][/DOUBLEPOST]
That'
That's why the high cooldown. I agree with you certain combinations would be op. If there is a high cooldown it wouldn't be too bad. The cooldown could even be 4 hours or so
That sounds good then it people would save them for emergencys etc...

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Imagine final tourny round, a paladin walks up to you... And he uses motherfucking firewave, yeah sure it's 15 min CD, but it was still critical.