• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Enchanter

TheMrLief

Legacy Supporter 7
Alright the first thing I would like to discuss on Enchanter's is getting Thorn's removed as a possible enchantment. Almost every single chestplate I enchant gets this enchantment, and it's complete shit. It does about 1 damage to the enemy when it procs which is only around a 30% chance on thorns II but that's not the bad part, it absolutely destroys the durability of the armor that it's been placed on. The reason this is so annoying for Enchanter's because most people request not getting it on their chestplates because it's just a complete hassle and it's extremely difficult to get rid of it. Sometimes I have to disenchant a chestplate about 5 times wasting over 1000 exp just to get rid of this one shitty enchantment.

If you were like tl;dr with that last post the summary is, thorns is a terrible enchantment, it makes armor a lot less durable and enchanter's hate it. Please just remove this horrible enchantment.

TheMrLief

Legacy Supporter 7
I'd like to bump this post and I'll be bringing up soon that enchanter gets something like a 50% refund for exp on Disenchant.

Licksterboy

Legacy Supporter 3
I've always felt bad for enchanters only because they will always have to mine, that is why I don't even bother with the class. (I hate mining) So, I don't think it would be too unreasonable to give enchanters a % of exp back when disenchant is used. Although I do think 25% would be a bit more fair.

As for thorns, I have only used one chestplate with thorns on it, and it dealt 10 damage back to a skeleton, I thought it was pretty useful. I personally like thorns, but I rarely use enchanted armor so I wouldn't really know.

(Sorry it had to come to tagging to get a response :p)

TheMrLief

Legacy Supporter 7
I've always felt bad for enchanters only because they will always have to mine, that is why I don't even bother with the class. (I hate mining) So, I don't think it would be too unreasonable to give enchanters a % of exp back when disenchant is used. Although I do think 25% would be a bit more fair.

As for thorns, I have only used one chestplate with thorns on it, and it dealt 10 damage back to a skeleton, I thought it was pretty useful. I personally like thorns, but I rarely use enchanted armor so I wouldn't really know.

(Sorry it had to come to tagging to get a response :p)
Yes thorn's is useful in the sense of the random chance to do a little damage to the attacker, but it makes the armor not very durable whatsoever, making Iron armor almost as durable as Leather (Breaks alot faster). Which is very annoying for classes who use any armor beyond Leather and Gold.

On another note, enchanting about 9 pickaxes to get Unbreaking 3 and Eff 4 takes up usually a good couple thousand exp (On a bad day it might even go up to 3000 depending on how many times I have to disenchant) just because having to disenchant multiple times which means I have to mine alot just to make sure to keep my Level over 50 so I can get some of the better enchants.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I always hated Enchanter for the fact that you leveled just to spend your levels. Being a high level enchanter doesn't mean anything besides having a greater potential for high level enchants. Refunding experience on disenchant can certainly amend this situation.

TheMrLief

Legacy Supporter 7
Now you have to be over 50 to get I think it was either protection or sharpness, not sure which one though.

Licksterboy

Legacy Supporter 3
Now you have to be over 50 to get I think it was either protection or sharpness, not sure which one though.
Yes, that is a pretty high level for most enchanters because one enchanter can't keep enchanting for a town and expect to get level 50 in a reasonable amount of time. (Unless of course this particular player is a crazy miner) I know for a fact it can be very frustrating because my brother, madcow22 used to be an enchanter. If enchanters got a % of exp back when disenchant is used, that would fix this.

TheMrLief

Legacy Supporter 7
So can we get enchanter's getting a % of exp back and thorn's removed?

Just a note I spent from maxed level 60 to 58 enchanter trying to not get thorn's on a chestplate.