• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Enchanter revamp

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Balance Team
... so here's the idea. Enchanters lose ALL exp sources EXCEPT enchanting.

They now only gain exp FOR ENCHANTING items.

I need a list of the below enchants - sorted from 1-65. Somethning fun, something sane. The level 200 stuff should probably stay out.

Post your thoughts!

Code:
  PROTECTION_ENVIRONMENTAL: 45
  PROTECTION_FIRE: 1
  PROTECTION_FALL: 1
  PROTECTION_EXPLOSIONS: 45
  PROTECTION_PROJECTILE: 45
  OXYGEN: 1
  WATER_WORKER: 1
  DAMAGE_ALL: 50
  DAMAGE_UNDEAD: 30
  DAMAGE_ARTHROPODS: 30
  KNOCKBACK: 1
  FIRE_ASPECT: 200
  LOOT_BONUS_MOBS: 1
  DIG_SPEED: 1
  SILK_TOUCH: 200
  DURABILITY: 1
  LOOT_BONUS_BLOCKS: 200
  ARROW_DAMAGE: 200
  ARROW_KNOCKBACK: 1
  ARROW_FIRE: 200
  ARROW_INFINITE: 1
  enchant-level-mult: 1.0

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
So would the exp be multiplied by the type of enchantment the level of enchantment?

Ie. fire aspect 2 would be 200*2 making it 400 exp?

Would we include the level used for the enchantment?

Would the type of material the tool is made out of factor in. This would reward people for not spamming stone tools. (Ie. diamond is a multiplier of 4 or 5.)

Sorry, on my phone, ill add more when I get home.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
What are the cooldowns? What determines how much experience a specific enchant gives?

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
I like the idea, as this is how the class should function, but I'm wondering where the "costs" come in. Smiths have to use ores to repair, alchs have to get the reagents for potions, what will enchanters use?

I also believe Protection enchants are going to need to be adjusted to be less powerful. They're already too strong on the live server, but if enchanting becomes "free" or "easily obtainable", the overflow of protection gear will heavily disrupt the PVP balance of the server.

As far as your question, I guess I'm just unfamiliar with the current Enchanting mechanics, as I don't really understand the significance of the numbers that you are posting. Until I understand exactly I don't really wish to comment. Could you explain further?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
So would the exp be multiplied by the type of enchantment the level of enchantment?

Ie. fire aspect 2 would be 200*2 making it 400 exp?

Would we include the level used for the enchantment?

Would the type of material the tool is made out of factor in. This would reward people for not spamming stone tools. (Ie. diamond is a multiplier of 4 or 5.)

Sorry, on my phone, ill add more when I get home.
This is on test right now. The low level enchants were giving 5-10 exp from what I saw. All I did was inverse the value from Exp-Mult from 5.0 to -5.0

Overall, we may want to push this for a future update. I would really want reagents to come into play before pushing this, even though I really want it.

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
This is on test right now. The low level enchants were giving 5-10 exp from what I saw. All I did was inverse the value from Exp-Mult from 5.0 to -5.0

Overall, we may want to push this for a future update. I would really want reagents to come into play before pushing this, even though I really want it.
As in the tool material multi has been implemented?

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff

I agree with this decision. It's a bit much to balance the whole xp / reagent costs without a decent amount of time to play with it.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
It's on the plate - but not priority we need to add a reagent to enchanting to even think about this. (Not sure how to do this.)

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Would it be hard to code this as a separate function from the existing enchanting system?

Create skills for each enchant and add a reagent cost to the skill.

/skill enchantprotiv - must be within range of 24 book cases and an enchanting table costs 4 diamonds.

Enchants the item with protection iv​
If a system like that could work it would allow custom created items and a new item sink for the players to use.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Would it be hard to code this as a separate function from the existing enchanting system?

Create skills for each enchant and add a reagent cost to the skill.

/skill enchantprotiv - must be within range of 24 book cases and an enchanting table costs 4 diamonds.
Enchants the item with protection iv​
If a system like that could work it would allow custom created items and a new item sink for the players to use.
While this definitely has it's merits, I don't really like the idea of stripping the spec to just chat commands. It bugs me (and probably Kainzo) that even Smith works in this fashion.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Yeah, I don't really like it either, but adding a creation cost to an enchant that you have no control over is an even worse taste. As it is to get what you want can take 5+ tries. I cannot imagine loosing diamonds or emeralds on a random enchant :eek:

What about the system currently being used for cauldrons? Could it not be adapted to an enchanting table and the item you want enchanted+needed reagents to produce a specific enchant?