• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Enchanter-protection

peeweedog

Iron
I think its time to give enchanters the ability to put protection on armor. It would have to be for a high exp cost. With the new armor that drops from mobs I don't think this will be as "Game-Breaking" as it would have been earlier.

Radicos

ICE ICE ICE!
The armor that has dropped during the recent events and the protection armor that drops off the chest makes it have the rarity it still contains up until now. If protection would be a more common thing, it would throw away the rarity. Eventually, the armor would break or be disenchanted and as such, become more rare over time. By using these events the Staff can ´refresh´ the armor and return it to a acceptable rate of rarity. As such, it would not be wise to have enchanters be granted the skill to do so as your suggestion applies. Instead, it would be more game-breaking then you'd think. It would, also, mess up the economics of the protection armor, leaving people with less money, which could leave the less satisfied. To put it all simply, if you make protection armor common, it would affect a variety of game expierences such as events and chest hunting.

LarryDeCable

Max Legacy Supporter
I agree it should take a (TON) of Xp like 1k+ and only available at 60, tons of leveling would have to be done.

peeweedog

Iron
that must be new then because when I was enchanter a couple weeks ago I never got protection

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
Enchanter can see prot on the table, but not make it

it is actually quite annoying, instead of letting us do it, how bout just taking it out of the options.

I have to enchant something in a way I don't want just to clear prot off the table, same for silk touch, fortune and power

My problem with the prot armor dropping is it kill the motivation to be an enchanter. Losing xp like hell then mining or making doors to get it back, just so somebody wants to pay you only 50s cause better gear drops all the time and can be found in chests.

I have 2 double chests of tarnished helmets I can't sell. Believe me, it is in no way rare.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
you do realize that keeping low amounts of prot in the economy means PvP'ers with a lot of money will always have a HUGE advantage over ones that are just starting or always broke, right?

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
you do realize that keeping low amounts of prot in the economy means PvP'ers with a lot of money will always have a HUGE advantage over ones that are just starting or always broke, right?

Well that is how the economy works though, people with armor are better off than people without.

However I personally think it is way too OP to even be in the server. I'd rather they remove it than have it at all.

Making it less rare however has the side effect of making it a "must have" piece, and that is just annoying.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Well that is how the economy works though, people with armor are better off than people without.

However I personally think it is way too OP to even be in the server. I'd rather they remove it than have it at all.

Making it less rare however has the side effect of making it a "must have" piece, and that is just annoying.
yea, but it's already a must have piece because it's on the server. Same with the kb resist for all melees.