• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Enable Enchants.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
If all of you reading this could RATE and or COMMENT the initial post that would be awesome, I am not asking for positive ratings unless you like and or approve but any rating is better then none so I can get a feeling for what everyone is thinking.

Hello people of the multiverse!

At this time there are a few disabled enchantments that I believe could be re-enabled without the utter destruction of balance or the integrity of the server while giving more risk vs reward to PVP combat.

These enchants include Power, Protection, Sharpness, Banes and Smite.

To my knowledge these enchants were disabled a long time ago as they gave to much of an additional boost to weapons and threw the combat balance off. The server has since undergone a change from a 100hp system to a 1000hp system which allows for a small bonus damage to be applied without the completely destroying class balance.

I would suggest that these skills be enabled and give a damage bonus(or reduction.) of either .5 or 1 per enchant level.

Smite: +.5 damage per enchanting level - Bows or Melee
Sharpness: +.5 damage per enchanting level - Melee only
Bane: + 1 damage against mob type per enchanting level
Power: + 1.5 damage per enchanting level - Bows only
Protection: + 1 protection per enchanting level - Armor only (Stacks for a maximum +12 or no stack for a max of +3?)

This would give a bonus to the people using these enchant and an actual value to these enchants while not drastically changing the combat system numbers as a Smite V Sharpness V sword would do a max of +5 damage or a bow at a max of + 7 damage

Thoughts?

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
This would be nice, but...

Yes I just read that too, yet Kainzo is not against doing it he is just saying he does not have a coder to work on the project.

My intentions are you find out if people like or dislike the idea and to see if anyone has any worries regarding the idea. We can leave the implementation of the suggestion to the future coders that will or will not come along!

So any creative thoughts on the suggestion? Like it, hate it?[DOUBLEPOST=1360718294,1360714192][/DOUBLEPOST]Updated main post with missing information and a better more readable layout

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The issue is the amount of work to get this done and mix with our custom-damage system. It would take a very good coder to learn our system, understand the enchantment stuff and then figure the math out to integrate the two.

I'm all for it - but just isnt anything I, myself, can do.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
The issue is the amount of work to get this done and mix with our custom-damage system. It would take a very good coder to learn our system, understand the enchantment stuff and then figure the math out to integrate the two.

I'm all for it - but just isnt anything I, myself, can do.

Thanks for the clarification Kainzo!
I am sure you have a wish list just add it in there and maybe someday, someone will have the ability and drive :D