• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Empire: Total War

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
I just recently bought this game and found that I like it as much as Rome: Total War, and better than Napoleon: Total War. In my Britain campaign I've conquered the Swedes/Danes, and I'm moving in on Russia. In India I've taken over the northern half+Persia, and allied with the Maratha. What's your favourite nation to play?
EtKEnn @Anyoneelsewholikestotalwar

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
United Nations (Netherlands) is by far my favorite both in campaign and multiplayer.

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
As the British I'm already in the year 1770ish and I've only had one major conflict (with the swedes) which has enabled me to research almost everything, get 40k+ every turn from trade, and have a stronger military and Navy than any other power. (Except perhaps the Marathas, who control all of India south of Lahore, and most of the 13 colonies region)

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
As the British I'm already in the year 1770ish and I've only had one major conflict (with the swedes) which has enabled me to research almost everything, get 40k+ every turn from trade, and have a stronger military and Navy than any other power. (Except perhaps the Marathas, who control all of India south of Lahore, and most of the 13 colonies region)
Maratha control North America? :S

archceaser

Legacy Supporter 7
Love Empire Total War, but as soon as Rome Total II comes out i will vanish from the face of the earth for a good 2 weeks.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Love Empire Total War, but as soon as Rome Total II comes out i will vanish from the face of the earth for a good 2 weeks.
Same here, I have been following the progress of Rome II the last 6 months and I am sure it'll be the best Total War game ever to be made.

spartanfan17

Legacy Supporter 2
Never played a total war game before I have always wanted to get into the series though is Empire a good one to start out with? Or should I go with Rome or Whatever EtKEnn @Otherswholovetheseries

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
My personal favorite is Rome, but I started with Empire, then I got Napoleon, then Rome and then Shogun 2. My least favorite is Napoleon.

archceaser

Legacy Supporter 7
Same here, I have been following the progress of Rome II the last 6 months and I am sure it'll be the best Total War game ever to be made.
The size of the sieges like they showed in the one video of Carthage made my jaw drop then add in a sea battle at the same time was just awesome.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
The size of the sieges like they showed in the one video of Carthage made my jaw drop then add in a sea battle at the same time was just awesome.
And they are adding lots of barbaric tribes instead of stuff like "Gaul" and "Britons"

Imagine a battle where you are pressed into the shore of some place and a gigantic army is descending on you, your only mission is to stay alive untill your fleet drops reinforcements to aid you and then you can with the combined forces of your navy and army win the battle. Holy shit I am excited for this game.

One of the best things, BALANCE. No more campaigns where Romans steamroll every other faction, or one phalanx unit holding off an army at the city gates (lol as hellenistic factions I always left a few hoplite units as garrison and if an army attacked, all I had to do was cover the holes with those units and the attackers would get massacred.)

And Carthage is actually gonna have advantages in campaign now, in Rome 1 Carthage always died out because it was impossible to get Sacred Band without lots of turn ending and town upgrades, and Elephants took forever to train not to mention the upkeep being massive.

archceaser

Legacy Supporter 7
And they are adding lots of barbaric tribes instead of stuff like "Gaul" and "Britons"

Imagine a battle where you are pressed into the shore of some place and a gigantic army is descending on you, your only mission is to stay alive untill your fleet drops reinforcements to aid you and then you can with the combined forces of your navy and army win the battle. Holy shit I am excited for this game.

One of the best things, BALANCE. No more campaigns where Romans steamroll every other faction, or one phalanx unit holding off an army at the city gates (lol as hellenistic factions I always left a few hoplite units as garrison and if an army attacked, all I had to do was cover the holes with those units and the attackers would get massacred.)

And Carthage is actually gonna have advantages in campaign now, in Rome 1 Carthage always died out because it was impossible to get Sacred Band without lots of turn ending and town upgrades, and Elephants took forever to train not to mention the upkeep being massive.
When the game comes out i would enjoy having a versus with you!

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
One of my favourite parts of the later games was the accurracy and detail of all the ships, so I'm excited to play with biremes and triremes!

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
I have now conquered 51 regions as the British, and with my friends the Marathas I have elminated the Swedes, the Russians, the Poles, the Prussians, the Bavarians, the Mexicans, and the Mughals. My war with the Prussians brought my income every turn down to only 3k from the pre-war height of around 40k. I have also managed to avoid any war with the French/Spanish, and built up some massive, secure trade fleets because of that. Because I didn't intervene on behalf of the 13 colonies, or the portuguese for example, I got 30 years of peace to build up my Indian Empire before I got started in Europe.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Haha, nice! You should take your forces in Eastern-Europe (Assuming you have armies there since you've steamrolled it), ally Austria, put troops on the border of France (Assuming you have regions neighboring them) and invade from the east. While they mass their forces in the east, send 1-2 armies from Britain and land them in North-West France and go for Paris!

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
The Austrians have been forced into their single territory of Croatia.. My next plan is to mass forces near France (at Britain and Wurtemburg) and near Spain, and then attack simultaniously. Then I'll move in and wipe out all the rebel territories and control the world!

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
You should take out france before invading Spain, then use France to invade Northern Spain while your navy lands an army near Gibraltar.

Also, what is your relation to The Kingdom of Denmark-Norway? :p

All your enthusiastic talk about ETW makes me wanna play it again xD

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
Denmark was at first mostly eliminated by the Swedes, and then I finished the job by taking Iceland. I've also taken Malta, Rome, Venice, the Black Hills, Agvituk, Mexico, Curacao (from rebels), and Persia/North-West India. I currently control all of the former Russian, Prussian, Polish, Austrian and Swedish Empires.

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
I've managed to ally with the french and the spanish, so I am currently setting up my armies so that I will overwhelmingly defeat both Paris and Madrid in one turn, leaving swathes of the globe controlled by rebels and open for the taking.

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
I've destroyed the french as well as the spanish now, I just need to beat Mysore, the Ottomans, (both of whom have only 2 territories) and the Maratha to conquer the world. It is now around 1840 and I have 80~ territories.