• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Email notification of boosts

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
@Kainzo

Life is life, and we can't be on all the time when a boost triggers... BUT we can stop life in order to enjoy a boost! Is there a way to create an option to opt-in to an email notification whenever a boost kicks off? I see this as a win-win, giving HC members the chance to reap the benefit of a boost, and giving HC increased traffic when a boost kicks off. More traffic, more HC fun!

Thanks,

-yav

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
@Kainzo

Life is life, and we can't be on all the time when a boost triggers... BUT we can stop life in order to enjoy a boost! Is there a way to create an option to opt-in to an email notification whenever a boost kicks off? I see this as a win-win, giving HC members the chance to reap the benefit of a boost, and giving HC increased traffic when a boost kicks off. More traffic, more HC fun!

Thanks,

-yav
While this would be cool... the only way this would work if there was an in-game plugin that would fire off an email to the website whenever a certain cmd / event happens.

This could get really spammy though.

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
Spammy, perhaps, but as a mayor, I wouldn't mind the spam if I could let my townsfolk know when boosts were triggered. And by making it opt-in/opt-out, it would be totally choiceful by those who wanted the info. :)

Soren_Endon

Coder
While this would be cool... the only way this would work if there was an in-game plugin that would fire off an email to the website whenever a certain cmd / event happens.

This could get really spammy though.

Warframe has a twitter account dedicated to alerting players of special missions called alerts. Perhaps that would be less spammy.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
That might be better, we can connect the Herocraft Twitter to state a boost is up... but you'd have to follow tweets
This works then,
It's an Opt in because you have to choose to follow the HC Twitter (Which everyone should :cool:)