• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Eleyond Thread

Eleyond

Coal
  1. In-game name: Eleyond
  2. Location & Age: I am from the US, and I am 31 years old.
  3. Previous Bans (Includes other servers): I was banned on Wooden_Server on one of my old accounts, because I forgot I registered on another account and so an administrator banned me for multi accounting. It was resolved after I explained that I don't use that account anymore.
  4. Referral(s): None
  5. Reason you should be accepted: I am mature, have good grammar, and I have never griefed (except on anarchy servers, and only to get access to chests). Also, I use skins that fit the RP environments that I play in. And I like to help players when I can as well.
  6. How did you hear about Herocraft?: I found out about Herocraft through a banner on Minestatus.
  7. Have you voted for Herocraft (No? Click here)?: Not yet, but if I like the game then I will most certainly vote.
  8. Additional Info: I use Spoutcraft. If that is not allowed, please let me know, and I'll either remove it, or I'll wait til I no longer play on Spout required servers and apply again after removing it. Also, I don't have any screenshots of past creations, but they're not all that great anyway. I play mainly for the suvival aspect, although I'm slowly getting better at building.

Eleyond

Coal
U6S3p.jpg

Eleyond

Coal
Oh, if Spout isn't allowed, then I'll wait and see if I decide to remove it some day. When/if I do remove Spout, I'll reapply.

Also, in case Spout is allowed, I'll say what I can bring to the community. I'm not all that good of a builder, but I am friendly and I try to help others.

Brutalacerate

AdministRaper
Well, after reading into Spout/Spoutcraft, it seems as though a server would have to be running it in order for you to use Single Player Mods on the actual server itself. I don't believe there is any harm in using it on a server that doesn't run it as well because the features that could be flagged as cheats would need the server to be running Spout/Spoutcraft also.

Can you explain anything I may not know, @Eleyond ? Maybe there are features that could give you an unfair advantage that I'm not catching onto?

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
Neo said it was banned which makes sense because Optifine is banned. The reason spoutcraft improves the players FPS so good it because they took the Optifine code and put it into Spoutcraft since no mods work with it at all so that people don't lag when they play servers that have a fuck ton of plugins that sputcraft is using.

So it has all those little features for making it perma day and no rain and clear water and such.

Eleyond

Coal
I thought the setting perma day only worked in single player. But maybe I'm wrong, I haven't tried it out in multiplayer yet. The only thing I have changed was setting the weather to fast, and I have turned nothing off. So the only difference in my client is a slight fps boost (although some might say that is cheating as well, not too sure myself).

Anyways, I'll respect the decision of the staff and find another server for now. I mostly use Spout for saving favorite servers, so even if I don't play Spout servers, the option of having a favorite servers list is too good for me to give up, no matter how good this server may be. But I heard that Notch is planning on adding a server list feature soon, so if I can save favorite servers without Spout, then I will give it up at that point and reapply.

Edit: I just did some tests, and the permaday doesn't work in multiplayer. I tried no rain, but it made my client crash so I couldn't test it. As for clear water, I didn't really see any difference in either single player or multiplayer, so still not sure if clear water works in mp or not. Someone told me that the only things it does by itself in multiplayer are give a slight fps boost and slightly change the interface though.

Eleyond

Coal
I have found out that I can just use the normal MC launcher when I want to play normally, and Spoutcraft will still save all of my settings for when I play again using that.

So, if I promise to avoid using Spout when playing on this server, am I approved? And is there any more info I need to include? Just in case, I will go through the rules and the application guide again to make sure.